I'm cold and this weather sucks 2012

and what might the name of this country be?[/quote]

The one that shall not be mentioned because it is very unfriendly to Taiwan and hence hurts me as deeply as if they had dissed my lover. :boo-hoo: :brokenheart: :shh:

Anyways, it is really nice in December. And then hellish tourist season starts…[/quote]
entiendo. pero es America del sur, no?[/quote]

yep. so opposite as ours, but still getting the cold northern breezes …[/quote]
yeah, though I hear from a friend if you just go a little north up to central (he was in cancun the last couple days), they’re still getting mid-low 80 degree weathers right now. thats pretty warm

Currently, I am having a cuppa chai latte. All izzwelll, all izwell in the world.

central heating

no humidity factor, it’s temperate zone, so much drier.

Icon, when u say: “unfriendly towards Taiwan”, would that be Venezuela or Bolivia? I work for Taiwan ICDF in Haiti and I know quite a bit abt the region.

Icon, when u say: “unfriendly towards Taiwan”, would that be Venezuela or Bolivia? I work for Taiwan ICDF in Haiti and I know quite a bit abt the region.[/quote]
In that same sentence she also expressed a wish not to discuss it. I’ve moved on, I invite you to join me.

Back to the cold, this is really unconfortable. I am wearing a cap at the office. Laugh, but I am trying to keep from sneezing my head off.

To make matters worse, we have to keep a window open “for air circulation”. :frowning:

You have my sympathies! But at least outside it’s usually warmer than inside with A/C on. I was at a conference on Saturday and left after the first half of the panels because I was on the verge of freezing to death in the conference room. I was already covered in three layers, mind you. A colleague who was sitting behind me wore woolen gloves. Seriously… :doh:

I have fingerless gloves stored in my desk just for that kind of days…

sunny day please!!!

Just wait oh say 5 months and you will get your sun back

Actually December can be quite sunny and balmy and makes newcomers think Taipei winters are a piece of cake…then that cake gets moldy when it rains for the next 5 months !

If u live in north taiwan you have to love the rain, learn to embrace it, become one with it.

Go South, dear. Sun is hiding somwhere down South, like in Perth or something.

Got a head cold. Not a happy camper. Turned on the heater last night. Today, Toto wouldn’t leave his dog tepee for breakfast. Too cold. Anyone’s got a second hand rug we can use? I am considering tapestries on the walls, my posters do not serve that purpose.

If you decide to take that approach, you might want to consider using some black-out curtains. The extra layer (usually rubberized rather than cloth) meant to block light should work fairly well as an insulator and would have the advantages (compared to a rug) of not absorbing odors and of being relatively easy to clean.

You can buy blackout cloths at Diwha street fabric market for around 180 to 250nt per yard (depending on who you bought it from). They’re very effective at blocking light, as good as aluminum foil with none of the flimsiness. You can turn day into night by drawing the curtain. For the best look sew them into the back of a regular curtain.

Do they have pretty designs? I might try that on the walls/balcony doors/living room area!

Thanks for the advice. Now, any ideas for the office? My coworkers find my cap amusing. They are wearing parkas.

Blackout cloth is white and very plain. It has to be sewn to the back of a normal drape, at least that’s how hotels do it. As for any other design, you will have to look because they have everything you can think of.

Only problem I can think of is that my humble abode is already quite dark -and musty, and humid, plus since this rain started quite stinky as the dogs have not been washed and they are wearing winter jackets but that’s another story- AND I bought this set of LED light bulbs on sale and hence my living room is half lit most of the time -but it only takes 8W so I am supposed to be saving a bundle, except I leave the TV on all day for the dogs to have something to look at and it warms the room up too and what doe sthis have to do with pretty or plain blackout cloth?

Did they put anything weird in this chai latte today or am I over-caffeinated? I am still cold, though.

pfft… babies. didnt even bother with outerwear today. a shirt, a pair of shorts, a froyo followed by an ice-cream is the way to go. woo hoo… :wink:

ya and in a couple months we will see how f’ing hot is and the weather sucks again. Walk in the rain and get soaking wet. Enjoy while you can because it will turn around soon.

oh god please no.

Ahh its a lovely 24 degrees with some sun down here in Taichung :slight_smile:

So im sitting chilling in KFC when this old lady is speaking loudly and has a deathgrip on some young dude in trackies. Some shouting goes on by her. He looks bemused. Manager comes over…chat another 10 minutes. 5 mins later police come in (very hot police women)

There is another white dude at a nearby table taking pics (or recording i dunno)

Just another day in paradise :wink: