I'm coming out as sober-curious

Not really. I only drank out with friends or for work since I worked in entertainment. I never drank by myself. And I was working out 3-6 hours daily at least 5-6 times a week. So I was pretty serious into my training and diet. It was something I really wanted to do.

After my Thailand, I just never did anything that required drinking so it was relatively easy.

1 Like

How come? Just curious. Did it influence you in some way?

After I came back, I was offered a job working at the gym. So I was really into fitness at the time. Didn’t feel like drinking and I longer had to go out to drink with clients and such. Plus I was no longer singe so I never found much reason to go out and drink.

I just feel so much better without drinking and I enjoy the money saved for more food I enjoy. Instead of some wine, I just get a appetizer or something.

3 Likes

I’ve practically given up drinking for the last month or two. Along with better diet and exercise I’ve lost quite a few pounds and in best shape in ages. Skin in better condition too. Still the odd beer, gin and whiskey is a given . :sunglasses:
It’s been hard for me to cut back at times due to almost all company social activities involving alcohol. The management use alcohol to destress and relax but it doesn’t help us in the long run.
Beer just has way too many calories. Sometimes you have to give up something you love to get something else you want.
And it takes ages to get rid of a beer belly once you have one !

3 Likes

I’ve been drinking sparkling water (flavoured /non flavoured ), herbal teas and just plain old water. I’ve tried a few zero sugar Japanese beers as well which weren’t absolutely terrible.
We are talking about a serious beer drinker here since teens so it’s a bit of an adjustment :sunglasses::sweat_smile:. I’ve cut back on all starch so also rice and bread.
My weight was climbing slowly but surely upwards (tracking my company annual medical ) and now I’ve completely reversed the trend which is satisfying. If I can maintain the healthier lifestyle I’m actually looking forward to my next medical to see if my health stats have significantly improved along with BMI reduction . I’ll be looking at the sugars, cholesterol, liver and kidney function .

1 Like

Sorry, but you’ve been seriously missed at at least the last five waitresses-screaming furniture-breaking piano-player-hiding cops-called bar brawls.

Take your time, but sooner or later, you may be in danger of losing your Blue Card.

Just saying, man.

1 Like

Worst excuse for not buying a Beer I have ever heard :whistle:

4 Likes

Shame on you, @jonesey is Irish, not English.
He’s never failed to get his round in.

1 Like

Yes, just messing with him . At least he is not Scottish :whistle: Damn I forgot how big Sandy is … I retract that immediately

1 Like

As well you should, junior.
Anyways, it ain’t the “big”.
It’s the “committed”.

And quit fucking quoting me.

Weren’t they eating Tide-pods few months ago?

2 Likes

You started it :tumble:

1 Like

And now you can stop it.

:joy:

1 Like

Prob don’t have these in tw yet, but they are saving my ass. Really not bad.

1 Like

Non alcoholic IPA :frowning:

It might be good but if its high carb it’s off my personal list.

Pride and Glory. Instead of calling the cops we can be the cops.
I can be Jimmy Egan, you can be Ray Tierney. Let’s do this. :grin:

https://www.oneyearnobeer.com/takethechallenge

1 Like

How much?