I'm coming out as sober-curious

Sober October is coming up. One month no mind altering substance.

Beer without alcohol.
Baaah.

Like sex without condiments.
What’s the point?

2 Likes

My apologies.
As of last night, that would be six.

1 Like

I don’t get it, man.

I need an app to help me figure out how I can drink more.

I had no idea there was a cost! Talk about naive. I see the prices now (about 190 pounds for the year challenge). I drink and I love to do so. Got a bottle of JW waiting for me tonight. Just thought I would help those out in this thread.

Not true! Cut down on rice, noodles and other carbs to even out. That’s why people get a ‘beer belly’, they want all.

Present your evidence it’s not true then.

Exactly! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Have a look at my ‘six pack’!

3 Likes

Beer sometimes gives me uncomfortable belly distention and bloating. I wonder if that has anything to do with the so-called beer belly.

Not at all. It has something to do with the carbonation.

Honestly, this is the worst thread on Forumosa! Why don’t the mods clamp down on such disgusting opinions?

I’ll go have a few beers to calm down.

5 Likes

Carbonation, over-carbonated beers do that. Some sodas do that too, and they are higher in calories than beer.

Low carb beers are like 100cals per tinny if I remember correctly. So a six pack is equivalent to 1/2 - 1/4 of typical persons needs. Problem is alcohol is empty calories, sates no hunger and if anything makes you want to consume even more

Most beers are more than that though, regular beer is easiiy 150 calories.

talking about losing control, I woke up after a party to go to the toilet at 3am the other day, fell asleep while peeing and hit my head on the toilet. cut my lip and got a black eye.

1 Like

Are they easy to find here? Do you have names or pictures to save reading through the nutritional info for everything in the section?

I found that a lot of the munchies after beer is due to it raising blood sugar and epinephrine crashing it. if you just have a piece of candy you don’t need to consume a big meal when it happens.

That’s why they brew dark stouts, a liquid meal.