I'm coming out as sober-curious

Some of my most creative moments have been as a direct result of inebriation.

4 Likes

I use San Peligrino as a bubbly placebo.

2 Likes

I’m on day 16 of sober October. Got started a few days late. May stretch it into November.

1 Like

I do too. They’re cheap in Italy and available anywhere!

Baby Jesus hates a quitter, man.

Baby liver loves a quitter, man.

cirrhosis-liver-illustration-1b49f2

1 Like

My uncle died recently due to alcoholism. It’s made me even more convinced to stay sober. The doctors told him he needed to stop or he was going to die. He couldn’t. He “needed” to drink and refused help. He couldn’t even stop drinking for his two young kids. Now they will grow up without a dad.

Terrible stuff.

3 Likes

Is this why your posts have been so erratic lately? :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe so I’m just trying to keep my self occupied and distracted.

Hang in there!

I’m with you guys, but sobriety looks like it will end this Saturday :slight_smile: I got a good 30 days going anyway! I hope coffee is ok lol

1 Like

I’m on 3 hours and going strong. Let’s see if I can keep it up until noon.

2 Likes

That explains so much.

My wife decided to take a break from alcohol to lose weight. She can drink only beer so I think it will help her goals to avoid such a high carb drink. To support her, I decided to take a break as well, except when I meet friends for dinner about once a month. Don’t know what I was thinking! No seriously, I stayed away from booze for a month in May to lose weight for a triathlon event, and I kind of like these checks from time to time to make sure I’m not turning into an alcoholic. I find it very easy, actually, so it’s all good. In anticipation of this, I drank every day last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

I’m on a totally even keel my friend. Unfortunately completely used to it at this point

I’ve now reset to day 1 of sober October. Only a couple days left.

I started having Draught Heineken 00 in the UK was very much like a normal draught lager.
Be good if comes to TW possibly here in tins?

My Sister had half her Pancreas removed because od Alcholicism so now Diabetic on no end of tabletsto take some before she eats some after some morning some evening a cycle of tablets and she can’t drink again or will kill her. Didn’t stop me though for a long time, alchohol has a strong hold on the mind.
Gone from binge drinking complete twat to sober occasional drinker twat.
Feeling happier and lost a lot of weight.
My Taiwanese girlfriend would no way date a binge drinker.
Another Culture here in Tiawan also helps.

2 Likes

I did go to pub and drink 3 pints last night after Englands spectaculer win over NZ.
:smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Some Family Marts have Heinie on tap, I believe you can buy a bucket to take home.