I'm craving for

Starbucks in TW don’t offer my favorite drink!!! I want Chai Tea Latte…
I am also craving for IN-N-OUT’s cheese burger and animal style fries!!!
Drooling :lick:

What are ‘animal style fries’?

I crave loads of Taiwanese food and drink, now I’m not there any more. Mango juuuuiiiice…

Chai means tea in Hindi.

So that’d make it tea tea latte, wouldn’t it?

Canadian Chinese food, the Mandarin. :bow:
Turkey Dinner

[quote=“Buttercup”]What are ‘animal style fries’? quote]

“Animal Style Fries” = fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions, pickles and secret sauce.

Its the best tea latte ever!!! abit of a spice to it~ yum!!!

[quote=“cfimages”]Chai means tea in Hindi.

So that’d make it tea tea latte, wouldn’t it?[/quote]

“Animal Style Fries” = fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions, pickles and secret sauce.[/quote]

there’s a pair of french fry stands in the plaza between the movieplex and the new york new york dept store, near taipei 101. they’re at the far end, on the nyny side. ate at one’s branch in breeze center, it was ok. don’t know about animal style but they might have something you like.

Im seriously craving mars bars and tim tams

(do we have a drooling emoticon?)

Chai is available in the Banciao night market. Just inside the main entrance, I think this is off GuanChien Rd., there is a guy from India selling Satay and always has a nice pot of Chai.
I used to buy Tim Tams at two Wellcomes. The first is up past Immigration in YoungHe, across from McDonalds. The other is in Banciao. This ones kind of hard to find but has a lot of good stuff. If you stand looking at the street from the back side of Banciao train station, look to the left and across the street. Down the road a bit is a tall white building. Find a way to go around to the back side of that white building and you will find a Wellcome on the first floor. It’s not marked on the front of the building.
I haven’t looked recently as the craving disappeared after awhile.

EDIT: SO just told me she hasn’t seen Tim Tams recently at Wellcome. However, there is another place. It is on SinHai Rd between Jhong Shan Rd, Section 1 in Banciao and SinHai bridge. It is a fairly good sized grocery store but not signed well. Watch for it on the right about 2/3 of the way from Jhongshan to the bridge. I know they had Tim Tams about a year ago.
If the streets are confusing, go south from the front of FE21 in Banciao to Figaroawed bridal store. Take a right and go past the police station and flower shop. Keep going about 1 to 1.5 km. On the right.
BTW, just past the flower store there is an alley that turns to the right and will take you to the white building Wellcome mentioned earlier.

Tim tams are easy to find - Family Mart and Watsons sometimes have snack packs.

Moon Pies.

Quiche?

The chai tea Latte is apparently available at Barista coffe shops in Taiwan.

I’ve tried Barista’s Chai latte…and its totally different from Starbucks’. starbucks’ chai tea latte is like a spiced milk tea. and the barista’s Chai latte is a coffee flavored latte.

Are you from the mid south, Merkinland? Having grown up on/near moon pies, I’m supposed to like them, but I really can’t stand them. My brother-in-law lives in NY and came for a visit here in AR. He thought it was going to be a big kick to try a moon pie, but decided he didn’t like them, either.

Anyway, if you want, I’ll send you some!

*Edit: I’m also willing to mail Recess Peanut Butter Cups to anyone with a jones for them. I almost died with longing for these when I was pregnant in Taipei. Finally found a few at Grandma Nitties for almost three bucks a pop. I can also send a recipe for homemade ones that tast yummy, too–well, if I can still find it.

Are you from the mid south, Merkinland? Having grown up on/near moon pies, I’m supposed to like them, but I really can’t stand them. My brother-in-law lives in NY and came for a visit here in AR. He thought it was going to be a big kick to try a moon pie, but decided he didn’t like them, either.

*Edit: I’m also willing to mail Recess Peanut Butter Cups to anyone with a jones for them. I almost died with longing for these when I was pregnant in Taipei. Finally found a few at Grandma Nitties for almost three bucks a pop. I can also send a recipe for homemade ones that tast yummy, too–well, if I can still find it.[/quote]
Hey thanks. I’m from Tulsa. I don’t know where Bentonville is, but I’ve got people in Ft. Smith. Anyway, I plan on going for a visit this winter and I’ll be picking up some moon pies.

What’s the hype with these Tim Tams you speak of? I tried them once, and found they taste remarkably of cardboard

*Edit: I’m also willing to mail Recess Peanut Butter Cups to anyone with a jones for them. I almost died with longing for these when I was pregnant in Taipei. Finally found a few at Grandma Nitties for almost three bucks a pop. I can also send a recipe for homemade ones that tast yummy, too–well, if I can still find it.[/quote]
Hey thanks. I’m from Tulsa. I don’t know where Bentonville is, but I’ve got people in Ft. Smith. Anyway, I plan on going for a visit this winter and I’ll be picking up some moon pies.[/quote]

No prob. Bentonville is north of Ft. Smith–closer to OK. I’m now S. or Ft. Smith–between there and Little Rock. I got some peeps in OK, though. I reckon they’re okay.

Paracetamol. A less uptight housemate. A clean house. A blanket of silence over Oxfordshire.

‘I’d like to return this apple please.’
‘Do you have a receipt?’
‘No, but I have the credit card slip. I mean, it’s great and everything, but it was a bit of an impulse buy.’
‘Ah yes. ‘Eden’ store. It’s been quite a lot more than 28 days; we can only do an exchange, not a refund. Have you used this apple, miss?’
'Does it look like it?

My Dad’s from Stigler and my Mom’s from Spiro.