I'm Hot And This Weather Sucks

Shouldn’t there be a new thread-I’m Hot and This Weather Sucks

Don’t be modest, you’re smoking hot.

You should see him through the mist in binoculars…

He’s so hot, that when he surfs, the waves turn to steam and the sharks visit the dentist for root canals…

I wondered when someone was going to start a “Hot weather” thread. :thumbsup:

It’s hot and I wish I had an a/c…

I have four A/Cs but wife wants to safe money and doesn’t want me to turn them on!

:ponder:

[quote=“bob_honest”]I have four A/Cs but wife wants to safe money and doesn’t want me to turn them on!

:ponder:[/quote]

That’s why the wife and I sleep in separate bedrooms.

I’m selling an aircon if you are sweating through this summer.
tinyurl.com/29ll5su

Been through the discussion about aircon at night. After some months of negotiations with the wife we’ve managed to reach an agreement that we will have the aircon on at night at 25 degrees, with automatic shutdown around 4AM. By making sure I wake up before 7AM, my face is still above the level where I’d drown in my own sweat. :thumbsup:

This is the only time I’ve seen the cats wanting to stay in the room with me at night during the summer. Of course, the A/C and the fan are both on. I sleep on a bamboo mat.

24C max! HK public buildings are all set to 24.5C and frankly that is too warm for a guai lo.

Spent the weekend cycling through the mountains in central Taiwan - got nicely sun burned but it was very bearable weather wise until we got back to sea level. My tip then is to move to the mountains :slight_smile:

My plastic Jesus melted on the dashboard of my car and now it looks like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Truant- you need fire-proof jockey shorts you’re so hot!

My first summer in Taiwan, riding around on a bicycle in Qingshui and then Taidong selling American religion, I lost 20 pounds.

I don’t lose the weight like I used to, but damn I suffer through these summers. The only thing to do is go from air conditioned house to air conditioned transport to air conditioned office and then back again.

I’ll be cheering come December, when the temperature gets reasonable again.

I’ve found that the best tip for this kind of weather is to have two Kirins for breakfast, climb the hill with the dog, drink another two up there with the shirt off, and for the rest of the day – as long as you make sure not to eat anything – you’ll find the buzz will carry you through very nicely indeed.

Amazingly its one of those days over here 6800 nautical miles from Taipei where I have Taipei weather. Yup, sitting in front of my puter with only my undies like i did in Taipei in July/Augusts of each year back in the day.

thing to do is to go swimming in the ocean at the height of the heat of the day, relax with a beer before and after and then sit around at home wearing not much more then would in the water.

great idea, time to reach for one of the 12pack of stella i got the other day for 12.99 (on sale, regularly 18.99).

thing with stella , it doesnt all come bubbling out like brown ale does when you pop the top off.
p.s. i should add that while it can get real hot in the day for us, by midnite we have to turn the heat on !! Because it can get down to 10c to 15c

Not a very good salesman, eh? Most of them make money.

Forgot to mention one of the things I hate the most out of summer: the horrid thunderstorms. Awful memories they bring. Not to mention getting wet, in that knee high water full of God-knows-what, while thunder and lighting crash all over.

Then I get home and the cats are twice their size in terror and the dog is also in need of a Valium.

A coworker just told me his poor doggie took half an hour last night to calm down…

[quote=“Icon”]Forgot to mention one of the things I hate the most out of summer: the horrid thunderstorms.

Then I get home and the cats are twice their size in terror [/quote]
Mine’s been cowering and shaking under the sofa for the last two afternoons. :frowning:

Your cats are pussies !!! Mine were ok in taiwan , even with some real humdingers , with lightning just seemingly feet away.

And boy does Taiwan know how to thunderstorm !!!

I just read the thread title, and it’s kind of funny.

I think of them more as flashback arresters, but it’s kind of you to say.