I'm Hot And This Weather Sucks

And I’ve been chopping onions and stirring the pot since yesterday. Phew! :fume:

I’m okay with heat and even the rain but the humidity is incredible up here. Last week, mushrooms started growing on things. This week, there are mushrooms growing on the mushrooms.

Perhaps the next time I come up to Taipei I can get to taste some of your exalted and well publicised curry!! Don’t care if it’s 40C outside with 100% humidity!

I love the heat. We are now entering great hiking weather. Give me stairs!

Saw some fantastic lightning yesterday, whilst standing amongst the furiously growing plants and fluttering butterflies.

By the way, sweating is quite natural. Good for your skin too. Why not enjoy?

Perhaps the next time I come up to Taipei I can get to taste some of your exalted and well publicised curry!! Don’t care if it’s 40C outside with 100% humidity![/quote]
If you come in July. I close shop in August :smiley:

Perhaps the next time I come up to Taipei I can get to taste some of your exalted and well publicised curry!! Don’t care if it’s 40C outside with 100% humidity![/quote]
If you come in July. I close shop in August :smiley:[/quote]
Bummer. I was thinking of August, because July I have to get a few things sorted first vis-a-vis visa stuff…

My chilli plant is hating the wet, it’s dying on me :frowning:

According to the display at Xhizi city hall, it was 41 derees this afternoon. That has got to be some kind of a record - I can’t recall the heat breaking 40 in the six years since I’ve been here.

The online reports said 38, so I imagine in some places with lots of asphalt, traffic and AC units it could easily have hit that. I finally turned on the AC for a little while, first time this year. I can handle 36, but that’s just about the upper limit if you want to have energy to do anything.

It drives me nuts that the CWB, newspapers and “weather sites” say things like 30-35 degrees, but all the displays say things like 39 to 41 degrees.

Fortunately, the only activities mandatory for this weekend involve boiling large quantities of water, setting up huge steaming vessels and baking. :loco:

Those of you complaining about the cold…

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!?

:fume: :raspberry: :cry:

Supposedly 36 degrees, RealFeel says 40.

The dog is at the groomers, he was about to melt. I am concerned about the cats. The bed sheets dried out in the street in 15 minutes. I have two A/Cs on, two fans, and it is still hot as hell.

I love this weather. I was at the pool all afternoon, and now am going from my air-conditioned apartment to my air-conditioned car to an air-conditioned restaurant. :sunglasses:

We lead similar lives :laughing:

My thumb sweat is fouling my Zippo!

[quote=“Icon”]Those of you complaining about the cold…

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!?

:fume: :raspberry: :cry:

Supposedly 36 degrees, RealFeel says 40.

The dog is at the groomers, he was about to melt. I am concerned about the cats. The bed sheets dried out in the street in 15 minutes. I have two A/Cs on, two fans, and it is still hot as hell.[/quote]
The dogs don’t really care…they are dogs! They deal with heat.
Shave the cats…the dogs want you to do that…'nuff said.

2 a/c’s & 2 fans…poor baby…take a cool shower.

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Since the wife doesn’t like to use A/C, I’ve learned to live without these past few years. Even on days like today, it doesn’t bother me that I’m sweaty all day.

I do occasionaly get heat exhaustion if I spend too much time outside though.

Well, it depends on where you measure it, I guess. There are hot spots. Shade and grassy areas are cooler, and black surfaces, roads and aircon exhausts are hotter. Downtown can really bake. My kitchen is definitely in the mid 40’s, as I’ve got a commercial-scale steamer running, and English muffins baking in the oven at the same time. Wherever you are, though, one thing’s certain – it’s HOT!

Taipei City yesterday experienced its[color=#0000BF] hottest day of the summer so far[/color], with the temperature soaring to 38.6°C at one point, the Central Weather Bureau (CWB) said.

I never complain in winter.

Get high. It was pretty cool up at Yangmingshan today.