Guy

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m destitute at the moment.

1 Like

It happens to the best of us.

Guy

I’ll pay for you.

2 Likes

That’s very generous and kind of you, my friend. Perhaps next month?

1 Like

If you guys have a plan, sign me up!

Guy

1 Like

Anytime

1 Like

Well, I can join too, always up for a good curry haha

1 Like

Went there the other day. Was pleasantly surprised by this friendly restaurant that serves mostly northern Indian fare. To gauge their quality, I went for the standards that I’m familiar with: chicken tikka masala and palak paneer. Both were very nice! The place was pretty empty though. I suspect that’s due to the higher prices compared with other Indian places in Taipei. Plain naan cost $100! But I noticed they do offer lunch specials on weekdays. Glad I don’t have to go all the way to Tienmu for good Indian food anymore. There’s Atithi in the Southside now!

5 Likes

Glad to hear you liked the food!

The Tienmu connection is astute, as the owner of Atithi is a chef at Saffron’s Tienmu shop.

Guy

3 Likes

I am glad to inform that finally the gods have had mercy on us and an Indian restaurant has opened in downtown Xindian.

The owners are from Southern India but their menu also has Northern dishes.

No. 15, Alley 12, Lane 65, Section 3, Beixin Rd, Xindian District, New Taipei City

Edit:
Sorry no pics of the dishes, we were hungry.

3 Likes

What’s it called?

And where is “downtown” Xindian? :rofl:

Guy

Meaning not the lovely mountains of Ankeng or the hills leading to Wulai, but along the MRT line.

And for the life of me, I’ve forgotten. :woozy_face:

But me belly is happier than it has been in quite a while.

2 Likes

Whatever it is called (lol) it does not yet seem to be showing up on google maps, at least when I looked around the Dapinglin area . . .

I’d be delighted to try it . . . if I can find it.

Guy

1 Like

It just opened. It is wedged between the Once Again Café and the April Sheep restaurant. Those show up on that alley, right behind the Xindian Public Library.

1 Like

I think is this one [Curry leaves Indian restaurant 咖哩葉印度餐廳]

5 Likes

Good to know!

Following @Icon 's post, I wandered through those side streets of “downtown” Xindian this evening, searching in vain for that (what was for me at that time) unnamed shop. No luck finding it.

I will say though that drivers in Xindian drive all manner of vehicles, large and small, at VERY HIGH SPEEDS down those narrow alleys. It was my first foray into those small streets near Dapinglin. Are there always such jack@sses in that part of Xinbei? :rant:

Guy

2 Likes

Ayioo. It is even worse if they ride a silent death Gogoro.

Exit 1. Turn right. They used to have little footsteps towards the library.

2 Likes

Can somebody tell me what is the difference between Saffron Fine Indian Cuisine (in Tienmu) and Saffron 46 (in Xinyi)? And what can I expect to pay at the two locations per adult? Is it worth it?

They were both the same, to me. 2-3k per adult. Worth it, IMO

1 Like