Info about how to get the Coronavirus Vaccine/Boosters (Non-discussion thread)

No chitter chatter in this thread. I will delete everything.

6 Likes

Here’s an explanation of the whole process starting with pre-registration. It looks like we’ll receive a text when there are vaccines. Then we do the actual registration either on line or at a supermarket, drug store, and some other places. I’m sure someone more motivated than me will do a full translation or otherwise summarize the process in English!

3 Likes

English description of current sign up process. The text is also included.

Can pick vaccine brand, preferred location, etc.

Don’t know how this interfaces or conflicts with city systems like Taipei that also has a sign up system.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Vaccine in Taiwan - July/August 2021

https://vaccine.tmuh.org.tw

Taipei foreigner 68 or older

added: already fully booked

2 Likes

In Taipei, they are now vaccinating kinder teachers. All teachers of high schools and below are planned to be vaccinated by 2 weeks before the school state.

1 Like

As the AZ vaccines arrive one after another, the Central Epidemic Command Center will officially start an appointment for vaccination next week. People who have registered their intentions and have checked AZ vaccination and are eligible for age will receive a 1922 notification SMS, which will be available through various Make an appointment to make an appointment.

Starting today, people over 65 years of age across the country will also “register their wishes.”

5 Likes

OK, for everyone who is not understanding how this thread is supposed to work:

ONLY POSTS WITH HELPFUL INFORMATION WILL BE ACCEPTED, EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE DELETED, INCLUDING QUESTIONS AND REPLIES TO THOSE QUESTIONS, AND REPLIES TO THOSE REPLIES…

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, ASK THEM IN THE OTHER THREADS

THANK YOU

3 Likes

For those who live in Hsinchu city, the vaccine registration is now open for Group 9 (people with high risk, rare or severe disease or injuries, which includes diabetes and other health issues), Group 10 (people over and including the age of 50).

https://1922.gov.tw

3 Likes

For those who pre-registered in the new system (50 - 64 age group, or 18 - 64 with medical conditions) and who only checked Moderna, I recommend getting back in the system and changing that to both AZ and Moderna. Moderna is going fast while we just got a restocking of AZ with more to come. I haven’t crunched/checked the numbers but I’m pretty sure this is what’s happening. If you want to be vaccinated soon, I believe this is a good way to ensure it will happen (but with AZ assuming you’re okay with that).

9 Likes

So, according to this, the “willing to be vaxed” registration ends July 12, then people will receive text messages to inform them that they can make vax appointments.

Waiting for [2] to happen anytime soon

4 Likes

@au confirming AZ is here and to get your sleeve rolled up ready if you’re in the system and over 50 etc.

6 Likes

Here we go

Vaccinations beginning July 16. Text messages going out from Tuesday. AZ.

5 Likes

The bottom line states that it will be all AZ for the next three weeks.

OK, here are more instructios in Chinese. If anyone can’t find them in English, please post 'em here.

S__141345204
S__141345206
S__141345207
S__141345208
S__141345209
S__141345210
S__141345211

2 Likes

Anyone born before and including 2003 can now register which brand of vaccine they wish to get.

https://1922.gov.tw/vas/

I just registered, I don’t know if this would work for people with ARC.

9 Likes

Works with new A(P)RC format. But it lets me register to receive Moderna even though I already have 2nd AZ shot. :man_shrugging:

(I obviously cancelled it after testing)

4 Likes

Steps for making vaccine appointment via IBON system at a Seven Eleven.

And maybe you can wait until things quiet down and have someone help you. The bigger stores have more than one employee.

5 Likes

Background: My APRC number was updated (had no choice) in April. I did NOT have my NHI number changed. I’ve also pre-registered for the vaccine earlier (one week ago). I received the SMS from 1922 around 11 am this morning

[COVID-19公費疫苗預約通知]您的登記序號:xxxxxxxxxx,請於7/13~7/15至本平台選擇接種站及時段,進行預約接種。

Originally, I had no idea the address for this platform (本平台). Thankful, my 里長 posted the link to LINE later in the afternoon.

The process seemed a bit frustrating at first, but then I finally figured out how to accomplish it without a card reader.

1. Follow link: https://1922.gov.tw/vas/
  2. Register

1. Use original A(P)RC number (hopefully unchanged on your NHI card)

1. Choose the green option, to enter the registration site.

1. Select the “brown option” (method for making an appointment).

1. The data required is the same as for registration

1. The next screen (I forgot to capture it and it is now impossible to revise) asks for you location (city/district), with options for clinics and hospitals with vaccines available (only AZ options for me). Some of these locations are already full, but many had available time. After choosing a location, select a date and time, starting from 7/16 to 7/20ish.

2. After that information is finalized (agree that you’ve read the “fine print”), your appointment is made and can be checked by logging into the system and selecting the following:

8 Likes

If you are 50+, chose Moderna only last time, and want to change, you can modify it during the current registration round for all adult, till 7/15 17:00.

1 Like