Information on Covid Relief Packages

MOE

https://www.edu.tw/COVID-19/Default.aspx

教育部對受嚴重特殊傳染性肺炎影響發生營運困難之艱 困留遊學服務業紓困申請須知(草案)

員工之認定:以 110 年 4 月 30 日在保之本國全職員工 (含獲永久居留權之外國人,但不含外籍、部分工時者) 計算。

教育部協助大專校院因應嚴重特殊傳染性肺炎影響衝擊補助申請須知(草案)

有戶籍登記之中華民國國民且就讀國內大專校院具有學籍者

教育部對私立幼兒園受嚴重特殊傳染性肺炎影響衍生營運衝 擊之紓困補助申請須知(草案)

本國全職教職員工總人數

https://www.chinatimes.com/realtimenews/20210603002920-260407?chdtv

sorry i think i had the wrong thing… i think it is self employed…and i misunderstood it.

1 Like

COA

https://www.coa.gov.tw/COVID_19/index.php

Q1:110年農民生活補貼發放之對象及資格條件為何?
1.110年4月30日已參加農民健康保險或農民職業災害保險被保險人之農民。

Foreign spouses are included?

As for cram schools, APRC holders are included.

https://www.edu.tw/COVID-19/cp.aspx?n=37FE7D0E8B36BA7F

二)申請資格二:以全職員工人數乘以新臺幣4萬元計算,提供一次性停業補貼予補習班或課照中心。
三、全職員工人數之認定,須同時符合以下條件:
(二)以110年4月30日之投保全職員工人數作為系統核實計算之證明。(全職員工須在申請事業110年4月30日之員工勞保投保單位被保險人名冊、就業保險投保單位被保險人名冊、勞工退休金計算名冊內,且**不含外國籍(取得永久居留證者不在此限)**及部分工時者;無投保單位保險證號或無員工投保於申請事業者,覈實採計,且不得重複申請其他政府機關之個人紓困補貼。)

2 Likes

MOTC

Tourism
https://theme.taiwan.net.tw/tb40/

They seem to include foreigners business.

Q9:旅行業分公司可否申請補助?外商在台設立的分公司
可以申請嗎?
A:
本局補貼旅行業薪資費用應由總公司提出申請,有分公
司之旅行業亦併同計算。外商在台設立的分公司視為國
內總公司性質,具申請補貼資格。

1 Like

this is full time employees only? is there an English version yet? I can’t seem to find one.
if so it doesn’t help a lot of bushiban teachers because schools almost always class them as part time in order to avoid many employee benefits.

1 Like

I’m really confused now :upside_down_face:.

Are foreign cram school teachers eligible for bailout 4:0 payments, or not?

If yes, is an APRC required?

As part of a bailout payment application, has anyone been asked by their employer to:

1. Sign a Chinese language document waiving certain rights
  2. Apply for and submit a Taiwan ‘no criminal record’ document?

Iiuc, locals and foreigners on APRCs are counted for cram schools bailout 4:0 package, if they are registered full time employees.

I’m not sure for what those things necessary. Are they trying to register you as a full time teacher?

Don’t think so, apparently all the teachers (local and foreign) are asked to sign it.

Also, I’m APRC with OWP, so did the criminal check already.

The documents is like a waiver, and also asks us to confirm that we’re not soldiers, government employees, or have been convinced of sexual harassment or abuse, nor have any pending cases.

1 Like

Hi all. Lurker. First post.

Wonder if anyone can help clarify this for me…

I think I meet (most of) the requirements for financial aid mentioned above. I have an APRC, Open Work Permit and I am on my school’s “labor Insurance List” (I assume, since there is a deduction each month).

My query is… what exactly is meant by: “full time”?

Do the government have an official definition? If so, is this related to the number of hours worked or some earnings threshold? Or is this distinction just something that individual employers decide when they register a new employee?

If this is related to the number of hours worked then it is going to be very problematic for the cram school industry. A minimum of 14 hours per week are required for a school to sponsor someone’s ARC. This suggests that the government are aware that a lot of cram school teachers don’t work anywhere near the traditional 8-hour-day considered “full time”.

Yet, if it were based upon earnings, most teachers would be above the minimum wage. (ie. they are contributing taxes and labor insurance like everyone else.)

My situation is that I am off work, unpaid with no income. School are not offering me any hours because, whilst I’m paid at an hourly rate, they have other salaried teachers who can cover online classes at no additional cost to the school. Hung out to dry in other words.

Needless to say, it’s not the best climate to be looking for hours elsewhere.

Been keeping an eye on the news for new announcements, but haven’t seen anything more specific to my situation.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

1 Like

iiic, 40 hr /week (statutory working hours) or more.

Thanks for your reply @tando .

I assume “iiic” is some sort of international standard definition.

I agree that 40h/w is the norm. I’m just curious whether the Labor Department definition might be more nuanced, given how varied people’s work situations are.

I guess, in truth, I’m hoping against hope.

Still, the vast majority of English teachers here are not working 40h/w. If that is the case, then there will be a significant number of people without income and whose options are extremely limited.

I’d be surprised if I’m the only person in this situation.

1 Like

You are not the only one in that situation. One teacher from my school is leaving due to lack of hours and another is now working through iTalkie I think it was called.

1 Like

i thought the legal max is 32hrs… the school can claim 40k in most cases… and i have already seen 1 example where they are trying to keep that money… to do this they need the teacher to sign a form saying they “received” government cash. if the teacher doesn’t sign its embezzlement by the school, so needless to say they are trying to think up creative ways to get you to sign for no cash…

Do you mean a teacher must work more than 32 hours per week to qualify as “full time” and receive financial aid?

it was a typo of iiuc, and I might be wrong.
If the full operation time of the school is shorter than 40hr/week, the operation time may be the school’s full time.

1 Like

i think by law you cannot teach more than 32 hrs?

i thought if you pay laobao…labor insurance then you are classed as full time.

i think most schools will see this as free money… and "business is bad " so the boss needs to keep it…

1 Like

it is if you need a work permit, iiuc.

1 Like

Cool. Thanks for clarifying. Google was saying: “Indian Institute of Infrastructure & Construction”. If I were more dwtk I wouldn’t have been like “wtf?”

1 Like

That’s really interesting. Because I do pay Labor Insurance through my job. That’s why I’m wondering about this whole “full time” thing. If a person is earning above the minimum wage and contributing taxes then what difference should the number of hours make? (Especially if he/she now has no other source of income.) Does the labor dept. even know how many hours a person actually works??

Employers shouldn’t have a problem helping with the application since it’s not costing them anything (and it’s safeguarding their staff until such time as things reopen). No doubt there are some unscrupulous bosses who would try to pocket the money, but it states pretty unambiguously that this is embezzlement. If a teacher applies and doesn’t receive that money then they’re not going to waste much time before calling the Labor department. Not sure how many employers would take the risk. Then again…