Information on Covid Relief Packages

Question - do migrant workers have laobao?

Also , shouldn’t anybody who is paying laobao (literally work insurance ) have equal access to government covid subsidies?

I understand workers don’t pay laobao in some situations. But I’m talking about ppl who pay laobao specifically here.

1 Like

Has any white collar non-citizen here claimed anything from the labor insurance that we’re forced to pay?

1 Like

I claimed the funeral grant.

1 Like

So…Bloody…Complicated.

How much was it? And was the funeral in Taiwan?

Can’t remember, was based on multiple of salary but with an upper limit. Funeral was not in Taiwan.

1 Like

I told my wife about this she didn’t even know it existed :no_mouth:. The deceased was a foreign citizen ?

Bureau of Labor Insurace Website-Labor Insurance-Insurance Benefits-Survivor Benefits-Introduction to Dependent Death Benefit (bli.gov.tw)

Yes

2 Likes

English article discussing the above.

2 Likes

I don’t understand. If I am on a jfrv, I can apply for public jobs? 960 hours? At what pay?

80hr per month, up to 960 hr, 160 NTD per hr, apply at public employment service office.

Foreign spouses are also included in the subsidy for low income part time workers they passed yesterday.

More details are on MOL site in Chinese.

So if I am on a jfrv at a cram school, I am out of luck. Aprc holders get a 30000 one time payment and I get to work for 160 an hour? Is that right?

Should have switched to an APRC. Damm.

Kids must have Taiwan ID (one parent must be Taiwanese)

A combination of citizen kids and APRC parents is out?

Not. But is it possible for kids to be Taiwanese, if both parents are foreigners?

renunciation or adaption possibly?

not out? or not eligible?

It was said, kids must have Taiwan ID, nothing else.

I added the Taiwanese parent part, since that is usually the condition. There might be exceptions you mentioned. I think those are very rare.

1 Like

Understood that is the way it “was” however the posts were in relation to the announcement that the scheme was/would be “extended” to include APRC holders, hence trying the system again.

Based on what I seen in parenting pages on FB both the kid and parent must have Taiwanese ID’s to apply online. Parents with A(P)RC’s were being rejected , despite their children having Taiwanese ID’s, whereas their Taiwanese spouse could apply successfully.

Interestingly a Taiwanese couple whose children had ARC’s but not Taiwanese ID’s stated they were rejected.

Hopefully this will now change with the “extension” of the scheme and perhaps some time in the distant future we’ll be included in the first round of such schemes. I guess the continued difference in our new ID numbers has a purpose.

Or a divorced parent where the local is out of the picture.