International Talent Taiwan Office「國際人才服務及延攬中心」

Phone: 02-77337660; mail: help@talent.nat.gov.tw

5 Likes

Call me traditional, but I probably would’ve stood up had I been the guy on the laptop at 0:43.

7 Likes

Just fucking give us dual citizenship and end banking discrimination already and stop wasting time and money on all this bullshit. Thank you.

12 Likes

u fix the first, the second almost gets eliminated or becomes less relevant. I would ask more road safety.

5 Likes

yeah, quite impolite tbh. but sense of respect in many cases is not taught anymore and irrelevant to many…

1 Like

And join us on Forumosa. If I could talk to Tsai on here as well as Audrey my life would be complete.

6 Likes

I’m willing to sacrifice three (harder to fix) for the first two. Not holding my breath though. Treating the “foreign talent” you already have decently seems like it would go a long way toward attracting new talent.

6 Likes

It is hard to see where they are going with all this though. Does anyone know what the long game is here? Government sponsored forced marriage of horribly clashing work cultures, until foreigners rage quit on Twitter, and return home, to SUVs and suburbia, #fcuktaiwan.

1 Like

The same place their plan to make Taiwan an “Asia-Pacific financial hub” went.

3 Likes

Destined for the :toilet: since the beginning?

1 Like

You can take it to the bank. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Could be someone’s pet policy.

That would be my first instinct as well, but the person at 1:07 also remains seated as the president looks on, and the host/speaker introduces the seated person. It’s possible that the seated office workers were instructed to remain seated while the host/speaker explained.

Still feels a little uncomfortable to me though. I at least would have made an effort to turn my chair towards the president.

3 Likes

Yeah, a brief half stand with a quick head bob and return to sitting would cover all of the bases and not look out of place. :expressionless:

1 Like

Especially in light of the fact that it seems that the president actually goes out of her way to personally address the seated person at 0:45, leaning towards him and apparently directing some words at him. But, to be fair, anyone might freeze up in such a situation.

2 Likes

mr-bean-rowan-atkinson

rowan-atkinson-mr-bean

5 Likes

That sounds entirely plausible, there is always someone issuing instructions in Taiwan, often many together issuing conflicting instructions.

3 Likes

Hi,

Does anyone want to come visit Talent Taiwan next Tuesday/Wednesday? Need a few people to test the Talent Taiwan website.

2 Likes

The one-stop service is now available both online and in person…

No link to the actual website that launched?

I assume this is pre-launch, they want to be sure it’s solid before exposing it to the ravening hordes. :smirk:

2 Likes