IP vs. "Crossfire"--what's up with that?

Welcome to the latest iteration of the forumosa international politics forum.

In the past, the IP forum has operated in various formats: wide open, closely moderated and mod-by-squeal. Now for something completely different…

More of the same.

The existing mod-by-squeal & drive-by-mod format will largely continue to operate in the new Crossfire IP forum. The only major difference being that rather than Admin taking care of clean-up, three mods will do some: urodacus, Tigerman, and lowly Jaboney.

The over-arching IP forum will be moderated closely by the same crew of public servants.

Why the change? Think of it as offering different channels.
If you want to post, or read something that’s a bit over the top, a bit snarky, but still within the rules, Crossfire IP is for you.
If you’d rather a more civil discussion… or if you’re one of those many who have never ventured into IP because the tone puts you off, the new IP should be right up your alley.

Political leanings aside, if you’re a fan of Bill O’Reilly, you’ll be more comfortable in Crossfire IP; if you prefer Jon Stewart, IP.

Please, post appropriately, don’t give your ever-friendly mods a hard time, and enjoy.

So if, after one too many beers, I put my foot in my mouth and post something too snarky for the regular IP area, does it get moved to New Snarky Politics, or just canned? Just curious. :blush:

Depends how snarky it is. If it’s not flame bin fodder, it goes into Crossfire IP. If it’s devoid of any relevance, Temp.

Why are the old IP threads now under “Crossfire International” but some new IP threads are still IP? Is this some strange new form of subcontracting, or a name-change that didn’t quite make it all the way through, or what?

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]Why are the old IP threads now under “Crossfire International” but some new IP threads are still IP? Is this some strange new form of subcontracting, or a name-change that didn’t quite make it all the way through, or what?[/quote]They did it so that people who didn’t read the post explaining the change will ask silly questions.

Nobody told anybody there was a post explaining the change. Can you link us to it oh fluffy one?

Nobody told anybody there was a post explaining the change. Can you link us to it oh fluffy one?[/quote]I’ll give you a clue, it’s in this forum.

I read it but didn’t really understand it. I think the crossfire one is for the rude, fun posts and the other one is for people who crook their pinkies when they drink tea and eat cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off. You can’t post in the regular IP forum if you’re in the habit of lifting a buttock off the chair when you fart is a good rule of thumb.

Shouldn’t this thread be “SLI vs Crossfire” ?

New channel politics
I’d make it a sticky, but as yet have no sticky powers.

They still spray the air fresh when you fart in crossfire, though. i lost a post this morning.

HG

[quote=“Jaboney”]New channel politics
I’d make it a sticky, but as yet have no sticky powers.[/quote]
Thank you. I tried to search, but ‘ineffectual circle jerk’ brought up nothing.

Is this in crossfire?

[quote=“Jaboney”]New channel politics

Don’t worry, your body will start changing soon, you’ll feel strange, new urges, and then suddenly you’ll have sticky powers.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“Jaboney”]New channel politics
Thank you. I tried to search, but ‘ineffectual circle jerk’ brought up nothing.

Is this in crossfire?[/quote]
No. But thank you for the example. “Ineffectual circle jerk” is precisely the type of post that belongs in Crossfire, if not the flame bin.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]They still spray the air fresh when you fart in crossfire, though. i lost a post this morning.

HG[/quote]

That blows. If you can’t speak your mind here, Forumosa isn’t free.

Oh Christ why bother to post here anymore at all? Are you trying to attract women? F.Com ran them all off a long time ago - the five women or so who post here have balls of steel, I’ll give them that.

Free speech is too often cheapened.
Posters are still free to voice controversial and disagreeable opinions, but not to be obnoxious or abusive. Is that a substantial infringement?

You’ll have to be offer more specific criticism of the policy if you want real feedback.
I can tell you: 1) I don’t know why you bother, 2) this wasn’t implemented to attract more women, 3) I have no direct knowledge of their balls.

Free speech is too often cheapened.
Posters are still free to voice controversial and disagreeable opinions, but not to be obnoxious or abusive. Is that a substantial infringement?[/quote]

I would like the rules to be set forth beforehand. So, I do not waste my time writing something that nobody will ever see. That is what a blog is for.

They have been. Please do read them, as it will save everyone a lot of time.
forumosa.org/forum-rules/