iPhone Unlock in Taipei

Takes less than 2 hours and $500 to unlock the iphone to 1.1.2.

Do not upgrade the software when you sync. Itunes will ask to upgrade iphone software. Just say no.

Or… wait a few days until 1.1.3 is hacked, then unlock your phone to 1.1.3. Save $500…

@ Truant: Which firmware is on your phone?

who knows. There is nothing on the box that indicates the firmware clearly, so I am assuming it’s 1.1.3.

is there a place here where you can buy new iphones?

@Gelangweilt: They can be found in the GuangHua market, or here: tw.bid.yahoo.com/tw/2092105156-c … e&haspic=1

When you say GuangHua, do you mean the shops along Bade Road and if so, which one do you refer to (No) or the cabins along She Ming da Dao.
Thanks.

thanks.

some info on unlocking:
this is from iphonesimfree.com

November 20th, 2007:
iPhone Update 1.1.2 and SimFree v1.8 news

We would like to let all our valued customers know that all testing for update 1.1.2 version phones is now complete. Yet again, SimFree remained completely unlocked and restore resistant for 1.1.2 version phones but we wanted to check and verify new updates to the OS region changes before recommending trouble free updates. As with all updates, the phone needs to be jail-broken and activated again for it to function. Thanks to the great work of the community, jail-breaking a 1.1.2 phone is now possible and works great.

We would like to also bring your attention to the recent events surrounding the iPhone Scene around the world. The recent launch of the European iPhone has introduced a new Bootloader which “currently” does not allow any kind of unlocking. The same Bootloader is present on the new iPhones that are purchased in the US with 1.1.2 pre-installed.

What are the chances that, by the time the iPhone gets officially released in Taiwan, it has 3G capabilities and possibly a larger (16G) memory? It seems that it will have been a year since it was released by the time it gets here, after all.

Chances are big I’d say.
Just wish it was today already. :laughing:

When I said GuangHua I meant the cabins along ShiMing. I don’t remember which one exactly, but if you walk down the aisles and ask for iPhone at the stalls that carry phones, it shouldn’t take too long to locate one.

My 8Gb so far has about 2348 pictures, 400 songs, about 5 movies, 3 TV shows, and some other documents.

I don’t need to carry all 4000 of my songs so I pick my favorite playlists.

I’d be interested in an iPhone, but I’d be wary of using it too much as an iPod, constantly watching videos and listening to music and wearing the battery down as there is no way to pop in a spare when it runs out of juice. My TyTNII does me just fine for now, has GPS, 3G, a real keyboard and equal memory as well as an easily replacable battery.

How much do they cost?

It looks like they are between 15000-20000 on yahoo.

Does anyone of you know about PSS card or Turbosim?
Apparently with these you dont need a software hack which is good for 1.1.2 OTB iphones which are currently not unlockable.

from what i found PSS card is made in taiwan (PSS is the first letters of teh 3 guys who designed it). PSS / turbosim seem to be programmable, so they coudl work with future firmware updates for the iphone as well. hoiwever there are also cheap china knockoffs of these which are not programmable…

Has anyone here a bit more insight / knowledge about this?

I find the battery life of my iPhone to be excellent. You would really have to make an effort to kill the battery in the course of a day. I would only be concerned if I was on a trip and away from a power point for several days. I find with moderate use, listening to music for a few hours, browsing the web for a few hours in a wifi hot spot, making a few calls and sending some texts and e-mails and watching a few YouTube videos drains about 20% of the battery over the course of an afternoon/evening. So battery life should not really be a concern unless you are glued to your iPhone for 6 solid hours of hardcore usage.

I don’t really know much else about modded SIM cards, www.hackthatphone.com seems to have good info about cracking the iPhone. I’m just waiting for a software jailbreak/unlock of 1.1.3 so I can take advantage of the latest features.

Battery life had not been an issue for me. In fact, it is better than my last multi-purpose phone.

I’ve now started setting it on my iPhone compatible alarm clock at night for a charge, and iPhone compatible speakers at the office during the day. So it gets use it in both of these situations while getting a charge at the same time. My iPhone is already being used as a multi-purpose tool… not just phone, iPod and PDA.

I went to pick up my iPhone last night that I ordered at some shop on Bade Rd, but the “inside man” who was to source them from the US got fired a couple of weeks back. Then went to check virtually every shop at Gunghua market but there seems to be some price fixing going on, all quoted either 20500 or 21000 and no shop wanted to do less.

So no iPhone for me, yet. :frowning:

[quote=“tango42”]Battery life had not been an issue for me. In fact, it is better than my last multi-purpose phone.

I’ve now started setting it on my iPhone compatible alarm clock at night for a charge, and iPhone compatible speakers at the office during the day. So it gets use it in both of these situations while getting a charge at the same time. My iPhone is already being used as a multi-purpose tool… not just phone, iPod and PDA.[/quote]

I think I just realized why Apple didn’t put GPS in the phone; first of all to save battery power of course just like the flash memory and 2G connection, but also because if you’ve gone far enough into the wild to need GPS, e.g. on a camping trip or extended hike, you’ve also gone too far from a power source to use the phone anyway.

[quote=“Rascal”]I went to pick up my iPhone last night that I ordered at some shop on Bade Rd, but the “inside man” who was to source them from the US got fired a couple of weeks back. Then went to check virtually every shop at Gunghua market but there seems to be some price fixing going on, all quoted either 20500 or 21000 and no shop wanted to do less.

So no iPhone for me, yet. :frowning:[/quote]

what version are they selling there?
1.1.1 or 1.1.2
unlocked @20500 or not?

did you check teh offers on link from yahoo someone posted earlier in this thread?
is it safe to buy from there?