Is A-Bian a big fat liar or the victim of defamation?

Where is the following up on the Chen Yu-Hao issue? A day or two before the shooting 沈富雄 already admit to something that the first lady denies, that the first lady did see Chen years ago. The first lady either didn’t remember or lied.

As for stocks, too. By law the politicians are suppose to report 超過一千萬以上的股市交易. She has failed to report numerous transactions (which I heard from someone else.) Somehow KMT managed to dig out this issue. Maybe a dirty tricks of theirs but transactions are probably valid. of course I just hear these things from someone else so I didn’t check the facts.

The point is not that she failed to report the transactions. She lied about the transactions before the KMT dig them out.

Given the extreme pro-green climate of the Forumosa crowd and myself a pan-blue supporter, I especially find lack of discussions in this thread a selective amnesia.

uh, maybe people aren’t discussing it because there are more important things to discuss these days? gee, what’s more worthy of discussion, someone who lied about stock transactions or a bunch of pan-blue politicians trying to hold the political process hostage because they didn’t win the election?

This does not deserve any follow up. It is a non-issue. The people who have been focusing on this have put themselves at the same level as that despicable mega-fraudster who has been used as a tool by Beijing and the pan-blues to try to blacken Chen’s good name. Now that the election has produced the right result, it is to be hoped that that vile wretch will be brought to justice very soon (though I’m sure he’ll be well shielded by his friends behind their missile batteries pointed at Taiwan).

The small matter of Wu’s omission to complete the necessary paperwork concerning her stock transactions has already been adequately explained and fully dealt with by the authorities, with the imposition of a fine as provided for by the law. There is nothing more to it than that. There was clearly no dishonesty involved, and it pales into laughable insignificance compared with the massive fraud and peculation perpetrated by Lien and Soong.

So obviously you must’ve been in the room because you know that 沈 is right and the first lady is wrong. Why don’t you hold a press conference and provide your eyewitness account? Then we can clear this all up and wouldn’t have to dicuss this anymore.

By the way, 沈 also said it’s possible that he might have forgotten what happened. Do you always selectively distort the facts, or only when you have an ax to grind?

Well, good we’re discussing this.

No I didn’t selectively distort the fact, but i thought its’ pretty obviously why it’s should almost be rock solid that he already proves it. And yes it’s also because I have an ax to grind. I find the forumosa crowd aims selectively at KMT all the time. But that doesn’t matter. If fact stands straight then it should not matter.

Let me explain then.

沈 said there are four possibilities, but the first possibility is the most probable, that he did remember it right.

In my opinion, the reason he said that he might have forgotten is because he is in a rock and a hard place. In the first place this thing did happen, but he saying so would be betraying his party. That’s why he hide it for the first few days and come out with this four possibilities explaination. Otherwise he could have just say no, it didn’t happen. But it would be against his conscience.

In fact he said 邱毅仁 wanted him to hide until the lection is over. I thought that should be suspicious. Of course if you get the story only from Liberty Times then you aren’t reading the entire story.

Huggie, would you care to share your views on the long litany of theft, fraud and deception proved to have been committed by your heroes Lien Chan and James Soong? That would include Soong’s theft of hundreds of millions of dollars from the KMT, both mens’ personal acceptance of hundreds of millions of dollars from your beloved mega-fraudster Chen Yu-hao, Lien’s various well-documented tax-evasion scams and schemes, his failure to disclose the ownership of millions of dollars worth of US real estate in his declarations of assets, etc., etc.

We’re looking forward to hearing what you have to say about these little indiscretions.

Who the fvck is that?

snigger

“Huggie” is a 外省人 what do you expect?

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]Huggie, would you care to share your views on the long litany of theft, fraud and deception proved to have been committed by your heroes Lien Chan and James Soong? That would include Soong’s theft of hundreds of millions of dollars from the KMT, both mens’ personal acceptance of hundreds of millions of dollars from your beloved mega-fraudster Chen Yu-hao, Lien’s various well-documented tax-evasion scams and schemes, his failure to disclose the ownership of millions of dollars worth of US real estate in his declarations of assets, etc., etc.

We’re looking forward to hearing what you have to say about these little indiscretions.[/quote]

Well very well. :laughing: But I must ask you to refraine from slandering, I mean that “beloved mega-fraudster” thing and please base your argument only on facts and reason.

As to Lien and Soong’s black gold. I have nothing to say. I have no data to prove or disprove. Let’s just say you’re all right about that, the black gold and everything. Let’s say the blackgold rumors involving Lien and Soong are all true. Lee is all true. Let’s also say 吳淑珍’s Chen Yu-Hao incident is also true. As an average citizen I have no way to clarify things being true or not. So I might as well assume everything is true. And it’s true, I didn’t follow Soong’s 興票案 as closely, I was still in US at the time and I was too lazy to figure out. Because that wasn’t a factor in my decision.

Why? When it comes down to it politicians are all dirty. As a citizen who would you pick as your president?

In that case I would not judge on the scandles, but on other policies instead. And the reason I bring up Wu’s stock trading is just to say the point that politicians are all the same. Some people almost unilaterally slam Lian and Soong without looking at other scandles from their favored politicians. That’s not a fair judgement.

I’ll say this. Black gold from Lian and Soong are wrong. When I pick a candidate, I pick the better among the bad. And I pick them base on other things. These politicians can funnel money all to themselves all they want. I just want them to at least do some right things and get the more important things done. Clinton’s extra-marital affair? Big deal. That has nothing to do with his ability to govern a country does it?

Who the fvck is that?

snigger[/quote]

I’m sorry I typed the wrong words. It’s 邱義仁, 總統府秘書長, secretary general?

A DPP member who handles the election (Or according to pro-blue papers: 操盤.) together with 吳乃仁.

When did I ever say that? Stop labeling people. And even if I am a 外省人 you should always reason with me.

It’s sad that stereotype has to play in this. It’s sad that the fact that I’m a 17th generation Taiwanese can help me retain my integrity of whatever point I am making. It shouldn’t have mattered.

I ask you to open your eyes to half of the populations who voted for KMT. They are not all 外省人 and they’re not all blind.

Don’t let your emotion bites you. Reason.

[quote=“huggie”]
I ask you to open your eyes to half the populations who voted for KMT. They are not all 外省人 and they’re not all blind.[/quote]
Yes, but I think that it stands to reason that a significant number of these people now feel they voted wrongly after witnessing Lian and Song’s post-election histrionics.

[quote=“Jive Turkey”][quote=“huggie”]
I ask you to open your eyes to half the populations who voted for KMT. They are not all 外省人 and they’re not all blind.[/quote]
Yes, but I think that it stands to reason that a significant number of these people now feel they voted wrongly after witnessing Lian and Song’s post-election histrionics.[/quote]

That’s quite possible. Especially the 中間選民. Anyway it has nothing to do with my original post.

Less than half. Which is why they lost the election.

Less than half. Which is why they lost the election.[/quote]
Oh Sandman, always bringing up insignificant details.

[quote=“huggie”]I ask you to open your eyes to half of the populations who voted for KMT. They are not all 外省人 and they’re not all blind[/quote]Don’t only about 10% of people consider themselves Chinese, and 80% Taiwanese or something ? you’ll have to look up the figures, I’m just guessing here, but 50% (near enough) voted for Lian, which means that at least % of “Taiwanese” people voted for Lian, not Chen.

When did I ever say that? Stop labeling people. And even if I am a 外省人 you should always reason with me.

[/quote]

Mr He’s a whitey. What do you expect.

Brian

This does not deserve any follow up. It is a non-issue.[/quote]
It is the topic of this thread. If you think it’s not an issue, don’t post.

You digress. This thread is about Wu Shu-Chen.

For clarity, here is a news article that appeared the day before the apparent assassination attempt.

[quote]
Lawmaker confirms tycoon’s political donation claim

Taiwan President Chen Shui-bian’s run for re-election was hit by more negative publicity on Thursday; a senior ally broke weeks of silence to back a fugitive tycoon’s damaging claims against Chen’s wife. Senior legislator Shen Fu-hsiung said he accompanied the fugitive tycoon to the home of Chen’s wife 10 years ago. The tycoon had said he had gone to the house and handed over 3 million New Taiwan Dollars in political donations (US$91,000). Chen’s wife, Wu Shu-chen has issued a libel writ against the businessman saying the claims were damaging her husband’s campaign. Legislator Shen Fu-hsiung is a heavyweight in Chen’s Democratic Progressive Party (DPP). He said he was forced to clarify his role in the political donation after the businessman named him earlier this week to back up his allegations. Shen told a press conference on Thursday, “There are several possiblities of my role… and the greatest possibility is that I did go (to Wu’s home).” But he tried to defend the president’s wife by saying “she could have forgotten about the event dating 10 years back.” The first lady has denied the allegations. Amidst the allegations, President Chen on Thursday once again urged a clean election. He said, "I will not allow money politics to win or to rule the country, because 23 million people are electing the national leader. It is not people engaging in money politics deciding who Taiwan’s leader will be.
( RTI, AFP )[/quote]
[i]Source: [/i]Radio Taiwan International

[/quote]

Mr He’s a whitey. What do you expect.

Brian[/quote]

guys…

A bit over the top, I admit. However, more than one person has tried to reason with you huggie, and to little avail. The socalled “middle ground” does not exist in Taiwanese politics, and the KMT is doing is an attempt to change the result of a democratic election. Coming from a place with strong democratic traditions, that kind of behavior irks me, and I will with pleasure rip every argument presented by your guys apart.

So far you haven’t proved anything I said incorrect yet. On the other hand I see you not checking facts when you makes an argument.

Am I understanding your words? Where is the bases for this? Few months before the election there are still about 30%(i don’t remember numbers well but it’s siginificant) of the people who can’t decide who they’ll vote on polls.