Is a tax remittance a thing in Taiwan

Errm, well, sure you’ll figure it out. :man_shrugging:

Yeah. I have a problem. I cannot decide where I want to live. As I understand the system in Aus, I remain a tax resident.

Here, no clue what the hell is happening. They are deducting tax that is my contract with society fulfillled.

If you believe you overpaid, the best course of action is to collect all your documents and head to the tax office, they will help you apply for tax refund.

Do I need to open the iron curtains for thee satellite TV man?

That is legally incorrect and I am fighting for it with the tax bureau, for de facto if u have HR in TW as a citizen u r deemed as tax resident since u r deemed as domiciled

2 Likes

Only because you have not told them you live and work overseas. You do not need to remain one. Easy to change your status.

I don’t know anything about iron curtains.

Maybe read this thread. Take action against Taiwan bank tax residency tax certificates - #237 by Satellite_TV

You need to ask them for one. After all if you paid taxes they are required to, just like in Australia.

It’s all there in TW as well. You don’t actually need to take any proof to the tax office. But if there was a glitch, someone withheld tax from you but didn’t give it to the government , etc. then you’re out of luck without any proof.

1 Like

I went in with my full clown suit on. No documentation. Save for ARC etc.

They pulled it all up on the computers.

Got a phat refund. Sweet.

4 month wait :frowning:

Normally get it in August, why four months?

September. That’s what I was told.

Look on the bright side, all the dodgy buxibans you worked for reported your income and paid tax legally.
If there was any monkey business on their side, you would have had to prove that you paid taxes.
I usually report taxes begining of May and get refund in early August, so reporting end of May and getting it in September is reasonable.

Kojen did not report. They took it out though.