Is "begpacking" legal? (not general discussion)

Just saw a cop shoo one of these guys away in Ximending. He knew the drill. No ticket.

2 Likes

There’s also a bunch of Indian fortune tellers out there at the moment. Usually they’re based in HK but for obvious reasons they’ve made their way here. I hate those guys.

4 Likes

I only have an impression of Indian tailors, who are pretty annoying.

I like how HK Island is an exclusion zone for them. They are only allowed on the Kowloon side.

I suspect they won’t last long. The real (fake) Taiwan fortune tellers will call their neighborhood cop or enforcer who will politely kick their ass down the road.

3 Likes

Some local fortune tellers are basically just counselors who make some people feel better. I don’t think they are all mystic meg types.
The Indian ones just seem to be quick scamming though.

I tell them to :banana: off whenever I see them. They were here in Neihu for a couple of days but they seem to have given up.

Yeah, I don’t think this will prove to be fertile ground.

those mutes with the Taiwan flags seem to have pissed off now…

I got one here a couple weeks ago (Keelung/Zhongxiao)

He got pretty flustered when I asked if he was from Honkers.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Accidental Insult of the Day

Obviously your forehead isn’t shiny enough, or they would have approached you to tell you about it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Usually they just approach me to say I should buy a suit! Questions about my family come in second

Haha busted.

6 Likes

Cop A: Is it real or is it a mannequin?
Cop B: I dunno. I dare you to touch it.
Cop A: eww he’s sweaty. Definitely real.

euh quoi?

Or maybe the cop is just going in for his free hug.

2 Likes

I thought people could smell a cop.

1 Like

brilliant. so what does his little message say? i need to begpack because of covid 19?

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Begpackers around the world