Is coronavirus "force majeure" (不可抗力)?

Holy shit this virus really flushed these guys out. :grin:

3 Likes

if YOU have it, it is.

they could have implemented a three month in, three month out policy, but they don’t. They enjoy the cheap teaching supply.

Get a new APRC.

It’s playing the locals’ game.

Does your landlord give you tax receipts for your rental apartment?

they’re not a problem if they keep working for 650 an hour, they’re a solution (to the government).

2 Likes

Yup, I’m looking at it right now. And I look forward to claiming the deduction—WHEN I PAY MY TAXES.

Cheers,
Guy

5 Likes

That’s different to renew?

Yes. You are updating it, not renewing it. Same thing if your ARC expires in December and you get a new passport in July. Or you break up with your xiaojie in Taipei County and move to a foreigner flop house in Shida.

I dont always have work I’m a freelancer.
Sometimes I also save money from work in my country.
But is enough for my food and tickets once a year.

Usa is level 4 now… dang

Let’s try to keep this thread on topic – is coronavirus force majeure (for immigration purposes)? Thanks everyone.

I was at boca today
And a tired older lady helped me
she didnt know what force majeure was.

I was like wow, she said its not what ever that is and you can fly out of tw because there are flights out.
She said i can go live in any country but tw, its not there problem that usa is level 4 travel .

Luckily i came back and talked again to a nice person and she helped me apply for an visa and an exemption
Not sure if it will be approved but it felt better than nothing.

Will this ever apply as a force majeure?
I really dont know what it means pertaining to tw laws, i dont recall ever hearing this phrase in the US

I hope this nice lady will be there when I go.:pray:t2:

When will you know?

1 Like

3/26
The trick is go early, and plan to take extra tickets to maybe see multiple people, the one that helped me was young maybe 25-30 and healthy.
Talk to English speakers as you wait to learn the process

You mean take multiple numbers at the same time? Or go back later? Good luck with your application and let us know how it goes.

What difference does their current definition of force majeure mean when they’ve already laid out their amnesty thing?

1 Like

Good luck, eh!

I called about amnesty plan

Visa exempt -is still a one year ban for usa and maybe more but drops fee to $2000 nt

That’s not what the official press release said: https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/141457/142068/217277/

Overstayers who turn themselves in during either period are entitled to receive penalty relieves including no detention, no entry ban and a minimum amount of fine.

1 Like