Is coronavirus "force majeure" (不可抗力)?

this is clear. if you are in Taiwan for more than 90 days and get income for your service provided though internet, you should pay the tax on the income. iirc the following statements.

Income Tax Act

Article 8
The term “income from sources in the Republic of China” used in this Act refers to income of the following categories:

1. Remuneration for services rendered within the territory of the Republic of China,

https://law-out.mof.gov.tw/LawContent.aspx?id=FL050237#lawmenu

四、本法第八條第三款所稱「在中華民國境內提供勞務之報酬」,於個人
指在中華 民國境內提供勞務取得之薪資、執行業務所得或其他所得;
於營利事業指依下 列情形之一提供勞務所取得之報酬:
(一)提供勞務之行為,全部在中華民國境內進行且完成者。
(二)提供勞務之行為,需在中華民國境內及境外進行始可完成者。
(三)提供勞務之行為,在中華民國境外進行,惟須經由中華民國境內
居住之個人或營利事業之參與及協助始可完成者。
個人或營利事業在中華民國境外為中華民國境內個人或營利事業提供
下列電子勞務者,為在中華民國境內提供勞務:
(一)經由網路傳輸下載至電腦設備或行動裝置使用之勞務。
(二)不須下載儲存於任何裝置而於網路使用之勞務。
(三)其他經由網路或電子方式使用之勞務。

Same… but in my case, not UK but Canada.

I’m here for my Taiwanese boyfriend. We also visit my country every year.

The visa run chaps are getting it in the neck now, but what happens to holders of employer sponsored ARCs if there’s a lockdown and they can’t teach? Are they going to get their ARCs cancelled?

ARC visa extension for 6 months to find a new gig as usual.

2 Likes

This news is BS . Why does tw love me and then say get the flip out of here and dont come back

I live here
This is my home
Yes i will get a visa one day but now the choice is not made by me

It’s not your home. Even with an ARC they can literally boot you out with very thin reasoning behind this.

People need to come to grips with this.

4 Likes

Sounds tremendously like what dreamers say back in the States…

“Yes i will get a visa one day but now the choice is not made by me

So, whose choice was it then? Someone else told you that’s the way to stay here?

1 Like

Well thank god for that. The people taking donations for hugs are bad enough.

2 Likes

No that is not accurate. You can easily have an APRC or family ARC and work online. Don’t push false info.

1 Like

Uhhh what? I don’t even get your post man. It is your home but you will only get a VISA when you choose? That is very counterintuitive.

And yet you need to file taxes, paying is another matter.

They didn’t say you can not come back. You can, even after overstaying you can. But you need to sit out your punishment.
At the moment you can not tho.

And you work online while staying here?

What can they boot you out for if you have an arc? Is having an APRC more powerful?

Yes, hence the word permanent. You can be put in jail for up to a year and not be deported. Also, everyone I know who has one either doesn’t declare taxes or underdeclares them as they don’t ever have to renew the APRC.

I wonder if any of those tax dodging types have been pontificating here at those who do visa runs?

Good grief. What kind of people do you hang out with?

Guy

5 Likes

Huh. I’ve had an APRC for years, as have many of my friends, and none of us have ever discussed this. It hadn’t occurred to me as a possibility.

At the moment I can’t recall any kind of change in my taxes when I moved from ARC to APRC, but maybe I’m forgetting something.

What do you do when your passport expires?