Is it hard to find jobs in Taiwan?

I’m planning to get my master degree in Taiwan
Is it hard for Master graduate to find job there?

Degree in what?

What kind of jobs are you looking for?

If you’re looking to work at Starbucks, 7-11, or other retail jobs, it’s very easy to find because almost everyone’s hiring. But in some other fields, I really don’t know. Seems the consensus on Forumosa is Taiwan is where career goes to die.

1 Like

Degree in MBA

I would say just get a job with your business degree…

I would not do a business related masters without a clear need for it (like advancement opportunities that require the MBA) because it seems these days, degrees are worth nothing.

as a foreigner, it might not be easy.

1 Like

Ok, but you haven’t told us about what field you are looking into. What language skills you have, past experience, nationality. How can you expect us to give you an answer?

If communicating basic necessary information is not something you’re good at, not good. Not good anywhere.

1 Like

Is it hard? Depends on the quality of the job. What kind of job do you want anyway? An M.Ed at the right university could help you get a job teaching at an international school or even private university. If you’re looking to work in another non-teaching field, perhaps MBA is the way to go. You don’t give us a lot of detail to go on.

Perhaps that’s your interpretation, but I don’t think that’s a fair assessment. Many of us are doing fine. I think the key is not to get trapped in the world of buxibans.

My career didnt die in Taiwan. It wasnt helped by living in Taiwan though.

2 Likes

You need to invest a lot more in your Chinese than in your MBA. Without language skills it will be hard for you to pass job interviews and work here.
taiwan is a great country to live, but salaries are low and work culture could be challenging.
getting MBA in HK/sg/ USA might be better.
the talented Taiwanese go to U.S. to get MBAs, they don’t study here.

Agree, staying in TW, is a quality of life choice, not the best place for career building.

1 Like

Corrected.
I know a lot of people doing very well after opening their own bushibans. One makes almost half a million per month.

1 Like

True. Many do very well opening their own schools.

FTFY

2 Likes

Lets agree you have to be rich and talented, you are competing against candidates from around the world.

You don’t have to be talented to get an MBA lol.
As a ‘degree’ it’s pretty shit even if it can boost your earning power a lot.

1 Like

Maybe, but to get into a tier 1 MBA in the USA you need solid work experience, good gmat and money.
In taiwan the criteria are less demanding for MBA and many other things. That’s why there are so many teachers whose basic credentials is being white and with a pulse.

Not understanding your point here…Explain .

Majority of MBA students in Taiwan are from Taiwan, there’s also a lot of foreign students who receives scholarships to study here.

Depends a lot on your field.

I studied grad school here (MBA as well) whilst working full time in an Accounting / Finance role in an international company (Company paid half my tuition so it was my excuse). Coming from University within the Top 50 in the world, back home, I couldn’t say that I got much out of the study here.
For me it was a break from being in Australia but also to get some more “international” exposure.

Overall though, speaking to friends and recruiters back home, my experience here won’t be getting that much respect, and I’ll be moving back in a few months - and am pretty much prepared to take a bit of a step back in my next role.

If you have the ambition to do an MBA, then you should probably find a place that has the market for foreigners that match that ambition.

However maybe if you’re in Tech, things could be better.

Tech is probably the best sector for foreign white collar workers in Taiwan. Most of the big tech companies rely on foreign employees being involved in their sales and marketing departments for western regions.

1 Like