Is it illegal to date a married woman in Taiwan?

Example #1 - I date this hot married woman and the relationship was consummated in a room at the Taipei Hyatt… (me flying to Taipei to meet her)

Example #2 - same as above, except the relationship was consummated at the Sheraton Waikiki in Honolulu (she flying to Honolulu and meet me)

Am I in any kind of legal trouble if I remain or set foot in Taiwan after either of the above has occured?

Yes, it’s illegal and you can do time for adultery. I believe the spouse has to make a complaint to the police first. This would be done to gain ‘points’ in any divorce proceedings.

This is just what I’ve heard on the grapevine, not legal advice, btw.

if he calls gwa hou or one of those companies and gets your ass on tape, they’ll be getting your ass in TW prison. they’ll get you on tape going into a hotel, gwa hou calls him , he meets the cops there, they break down the door. you’re on tape with a sheet around you. you go to jail. then you become somebody’s white boy(or black boy) bi-atch. for a whole year maybe.

break it off dude. i hate to see this happen to a homey.

[quote=“creamypanda”]Example #1 - I date this hot married woman and the relationship was consummated in a room at the Taipei Hyatt… (me flying to Taipei to meet her)

Example #2 - same as above, except the relationship was consummated at the Sheraton Waikiki in Honolulu (she flying to Honolulu and meet me)
[/quote]

Bragging like this is so unbecoming.

You are in trouble if found out.

Note that in general, the other side needs proof, and you can be very sure that the amount of boinking done in the US won’t matter according to the judge.

I think that if a foreigner is caught, they wil deport him after a few weeks spent as prison bitch.

This may be a dumb question, but i know Taiwan can be a little twisted sometimes.

So can a woman go to jail for sleepig with a married man?

Yes.

and the henpecked part can choose to sue the third part, and let his/her spouse go free.

So, sleeping with someone married is not smart at all.

[quote=“Flicka”][quote=“creamypanda”]Example #1 - I date this hot married woman and the relationship was consummated in a room at the Taipei Hyatt… (me flying to Taipei to meet her)

[/quote]

Bragging like this is so unbecoming.[/quote]

Not to mention rather thick. Why would you want to sleep with a married woman in the first place?

And prison may be the last of your worries. Said husband may very well take the law into his own hands, have gangster buddies take the law into their hands, and if you thought hiding in the States will keep you safe, he may have gangster buddies there (although it may cost him some guanxi or cash) take the law into their hands.

If it were my wife, I’d cut your dick off and post it to your mother.

Hope that helps. :unamused:

It’s fairly easy to get laid here on Taiwan, and yes, you would risk a lot of not very ncie things if you screwed a woman married to one of teh local boys.

[quote=“Mr He”]So, sleeping with someone married is not smart at all.[/quote]But lots of fun :bouncy:

someone married to somebudy else, that is.

If the married woman is married to you, you are OK in the eyes of the law, but that goes without saying, I think.

and if a single TW women screwed a married foreigner man in Taiwan, who will be in trouble? :smiley:

I’m just curious, nothing more… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, if the married foreigner’s wife gets evidence, and decides to press charges, both could be in hot water with the law.

Of course, it could be worse. In some countries the aggrieved spouse has the right to have you executed.

Since she is the one commiting adultery, not you, should it not be her that goes to prison and not you?

Can’t you just claim that her irresistable hotness completely hypnotized you and rendered you powerless against her advances?

:smiley:

You can ‘date’ anyone you want … just don’t have sex or an affair …

[quote=“DanishDelight”]Since she is the one commiting adultery, not you, should it not be her that goes to prison and not you?

Can’t you just claim that her irresistable hotness completely hypnotized you and rendered you powerless against her advances?

:smiley:[/quote]

The laws here are designed to make sure that the part doing the extracurricular porking can claim that s/he was seduced by an evil and wily third party. That third party can therefore end up being the only one doing time.

ok there are laws about this in taiwan, but are they really respect?

with the number of ‘special’ massages/saunas… everywhere in Taiwan, I really feel a little bit surprise :laughing:

And I don’t think peoples going to these places and spending their money, are 20 years old single men… :s

Just to get this straight, any of you touch MY wife and I’l be the one doing time…know what I mean?

[quote=“doraemon”]ok there are laws about this in taiwan, but are they really respect?

with the number of ‘special’ massages/saunas… everywhere in Taiwan, I really feel a little bit surprise :laughing:

And I don’t think peoples going to these places and spending their money, are 20 years old single men… :s[/quote]

Well, it all depends, there are tonnes of married men, who goes to those places and get their pipe reamed with coworkers or customers or whoever.

Most married women will not come running with the police. Moreover, women here are not accepting of it, but won’t raise a stink either, especially when it’s paid help.

However if wifey gets a bit of extra meat on the side and hubby finds out, it will be police, gangsters and what have you not.

Local men are very touchy on that one.