Is it my Eurasian physical features?

One time, I was walking down the hall with a male friend of mine. He said that when he grows up, he’s gonna be at least 6 feet. (He’s probably like an inch shorter than me and he’s also my age) I said that I’m done growing and he joked that it was because of my Asian genes. Then I said “No it’s because girls stop growing earlier. I’m actually taller than the average Western girl.” Lol typical teenage boy that doesn’t understand girls.

1 Like

Idk. I heard they have high standards when it comes to women though for some reason. As long as she’s hot I guess

He probably won’t if he’s mid teens already and only 5’7.

Boys usually grow until late teens I believe. Plus he was Puerto Rican but idk if race has anything to do with male height growth. From what I’ve seen boys usually grow really fast. I knew a guy in 8th grade who was 4’11’ at the beginning of the school year (2017) but then a year later, he grew up to around 5’5’ or 5’6’ and I only grew around 2 cm.

Liliths? Flaky?

The only guys I know who kept growing past 18, were already 6 feet over. It’s unlikely someone 5’7 will grow 5 more inches when he is mid teens. But everyone’s different. Most people over 6 feet are already close to 6 feet mid teens.

And IME, most guys lie about their height and give themselves another inch at least. I can’t tell you how many guys I’ve met claim they’re 6’2 or their GF say they’re 6’2 when they’re not because I’m clearly taller than them. It’s weird everyone wants to be 6’2 as well. People are almost always surprised when I say I’m 6’2 because they think I’m 6’4 at least.

My dad says he’s 6’1’ or 6’2’ but he’s only slightly taller than me. I used to think he was the tallest guy I’ve ever seen when I was little.

Nvrmind. He’s actually 6’1’. I checked. And I’m not 5’8’ at all. I’m 5’7’ or 171 cm

@_Lilith is @Andrew0409’s girlfriend

Tell Lilith I said hi

1 Like

In the US most folk are overweight or obese and while it can be limiting it’s also pretty easy to have a normal life (I’m very big by Taiwanese standards but only think about here–in the US I just blend in). I do feel like in Taiwan being outside the norms (height/weight/etc.) gets more notice and more comments.

Don’t feel like you have to match Taiwanese norms of womanhood, because they’re very different from what you’ve gotten in the US and can be really unhealthy in their own ways (小姐 culture).

You sound like a great person with a great life ahead of you. I have a pre-teen and I can also say I would definitely not want him reading forumosa :slight_smile: There’s a lot of great forums now for kids growing up cross-culturally. Most of the people on this forum are older foreigner men in Taiwan and we probably won’t have super helpful advice. Stay strong.

Do you think I am the youngest user on this forum, being in my mid-teens?

Probably, at least the youngest frequent user at the moment.

3 Likes

I recommend you go to the harvest festivals this summer on the East Coast (Hualien or Taidong). My daughter (16) is 173 cm. She hates her height, but when we go a harvest festival in Hualien every year in my wife’s hometown, she loves the fact that she’s just average height among all the Amis guys and gals. Her male cousin who is the same age is 182 cm or so and still growing. Another older female cousin is about 178 cm, and another older male cousin is about 185 cm.

There is a marasan and a malasong on this board. That’s really confusing.

It makes complete sense when you’re marasan (or malasang).

1 Like

I’m so confused

1 Like

Malasang means “drunk” in the Amei language. My “marasan” is how I heard it at first but I think “malasang” is closer to the way it should be pronounced. I must have been malasang when I registered with “marasan” years ago.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. I guess I assumed your handle meant “honorable Mara.”

1 Like