Is it normal to [chop suey threads] like this?

No need to answer that question. It sure seems to be these days.

I hope the posts I made were carted off to that “Flame Forum.” If possible, I’d like a copy of the posts I made so I can hang them on the fridge. If they have been blasted off the face of the Intraweb, never to see the light of day again, I’ll have to seriously consider my roll on this here web forum…

I think I hear the jingling bells of the hat changing fairy…

If you don’t know I’m talking about this thread here: [Is it normal to feel like this?]

whoa censorship much?

MYK, I don’t know what you mean. The link you posted seems to have your posts in it. What’s the problem?

It’s like when [color=green][censored by the mod][/color] deleted my [color=green][censored by the mod] [/color]thread [color=green][censored by the mod][/color] years ago, Deleted for [color=green][censored by the mod][/color] completely at [color=green][censored by the mod] [/color]and I never [color=green][censored by the mod][/color] back :fume:

[color=green]Note from the mod: Please remember that spurious references to lawn bowls are NOT permitted and WILL be deleted. [/color]

I don’t see it in Flames. What key words could I search for? There’s a lot of IP dead bodies to step over in there. It may be under a corpse with Fred Smith’s teeth marks in it.

Not only does it seem to have my posts, it does. It just doesn’t have the post that I want to hang on my fridge.

From this post: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 543#583543

See that I was quoted saying “i see everything in life being the same shit different pile”? Click the link and try finding the post where I said that. It’s only a page and a half to look through and I only have one more post before it. You will not see that post because it’s not in there.

miltownkid;

Is this the post you mean? Sorry, the formatting is a little screwed up. (Oh sh*t, now everyone will know I’m the “Hacker God of Intraweb”. Can I have that as my title next to my avatar?)

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
well, it may sound “dumb” to some,
but hey, we only get one chance at life.[/quote]

You know something I don’t?

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
if something/someone grabs your fancy, why not go for.[/quote]

I can think of just as many reasons not to as I can to.

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
yes, it could be beautiful.
life is too short.[/quote]

Says who?

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
who cares if he gets a lesson out of it.[/quote]

I certainly don’t, though I’d recommend it.

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
it seems like it will only be a lesson if it fails.
a lesson in what though?
not to try?
not to hope?
not to seek something real?
[/quote]

My experience tells me success teaching nothing in comparison to failure. I don’t know why the first lessons that came to your mind were not trying, not hoping and not seeking something real. Seems like a socially programmed response. Lessons that came to my mind ranged from finding cheap tickets from Sweden-Taiwan, to understanding ones emotions more fully. Hopefully after a failed experience TheLostSwede won’t have to post on an Intraweb forum asking if how he feels is normal when he bumps into the next “the one.” He’ll know it is AND from his past experience he’ll know how to handle things better (where to buy tickets, finding a job, whatever.)

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
if it works, then it’s a lesson in what?
something you already knew?[/quote]

I see everything in life as being pretty much the same shit different pile. From break dancing to quantum physics. Same shit, different pile. I’ll use Brazilian Jujitsu to explain why success teaching almost nothing.

There are many moves in BJJ. After learning a new move, I first have to practice it with a partner. Then I have to practice while sparring/competing. I will fail time and time again while trying to use this new move, but there is something to learn wrapped up in each failure (if I pay close attention.) Upon successfully doing the move a few times I file it away. Doing that same move over and over again would pale in comparison to what I’d learn trying something new (and failing.) It sounds like TheLostSwede will be trying something new. Beautiful things are guaranteed to happen (whether he thinks what happens is beautiful is up to him though.)

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
that’s not a lesson.
that’s living life.[/quote]

That’s not life, that’s learning a lesson… :ponder:

[quote=“elektronisk”]miltownkid;

Is this the post you mean? Sorry, the formatting is a little screwed up. (Oh sh*t, now everyone will know I’m the “Hacker God of Intraweb”. Can I have that as my title next to my avatar?)

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
well, it may sound “dumb” to some,
but hey, we only get one chance at life.[/quote]

You know something I don’t?

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
if something/someone grabs your fancy, why not go for.[/quote]

I can think of just as many reasons not to as I can to.

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
yes, it could be beautiful.
life is too short.[/quote]

Says who?

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
who cares if he gets a lesson out of it.[/quote]

I certainly don’t, though I’d recommend it.

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
it seems like it will only be a lesson if it fails.
a lesson in what though?
not to try?
not to hope?
not to seek something real?
[/quote]

My experience tells me success teaching nothing in comparison to failure. I don’t know why the first lessons that came to your mind were not trying, not hoping and not seeking something real. Seems like a socially programmed response. Lessons that came to my mind ranged from finding cheap tickets from Sweden-Taiwan, to understanding ones emotions more fully. Hopefully after a failed experience TheLostSwede won’t have to post on an Intraweb forum asking if how he feels is normal when he bumps into the next “the one.” He’ll know it is AND from his past experience he’ll know how to handle things better (where to buy tickets, finding a job, whatever.)

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
if it works, then it’s a lesson in what?
something you already knew?[/quote]

I see everything in life as being pretty much the same shit different pile. From break dancing to quantum physics. Same shit, different pile. I’ll use Brazilian Jujitsu to explain why success teaching almost nothing.

There are many moves in BJJ. After learning a new move, I first have to practice it with a partner. Then I have to practice while sparring/competing. I will fail time and time again while trying to use this new move, but there is something to learn wrapped up in each failure (if I pay close attention.) Upon successfully doing the move a few times I file it away. Doing that same move over and over again would pale in comparison to what I’d learn trying something new (and failing.) It sounds like TheLostSwede will be trying something new. Beautiful things are guaranteed to happen (whether he thinks what happens is beautiful is up to him though.)

[quote]JOHN MOSS wrote:
that’s not a lesson.
that’s living life.[/quote]

That’s not life, that’s learning a lesson… :ponder:[/quote]
Why yes, yes it is. Now I can put one of these Doraemon magnets to use hanging it up :smiley:

I see what you mean now. Strange. I liked that same shit different pile post. Can’t imagine why it was removed or whatever. I’m sure the remover will let us know.
You’re quite, quite sure you didn’t sneak a sly reference to lawn bowls in there somewhere though? Maybe using secret code or something?

I don’t understand this thread. Can someone say it in French maybe? :s

Did elctronisk manage to post something that was deleted or what? I’m severly confused. :help:

Yes, he did. What he just posted was (one of) the post(s) that was deleted/removed.

[quote=“sandman”]I see what you mean now. Strange. I liked that same shit different pile post. Can’t imagine why it was removed or whatever. I’m sure the remover will let us know.
You’re quite, quite sure you didn’t sneak a sly reference to lawn bowls in there somewhere though? Maybe using secret code or something?[/quote]I think there was too much shit in that post, especially when comparing someone’s situation to a pile of shit. This would never be allowed in the Yeovil lawn green bowling club.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“sandman”]I see what you mean now. Strange. I liked that same shit different pile post. Can’t imagine why it was removed or whatever. I’m sure the remover will let us know.
You’re quite, quite sure you didn’t sneak a sly reference to lawn bowls in there somewhere though? Maybe using secret code or something?[/quote]I think there was too much shit in that post, especially when comparing someone’s situation to a pile of shit. This would never be allowed in the Yeovil lawn green bowling club.[/quote]
There’s no use in trying to jumble up the word order Matthew. I KNOW what you’re up to and I simply won’t stand for it.

So, who exactly deleted it and why? I think it’s a fair question given as everyone (in here anyway) seems to agree that the post was within reason and part of the discussion. Why in god’s name would anyone bother writing anything on here if someone is going to just come along and remove it with no (apparent) reason or explanation? If it was my post and I had put any effort into it I would be right pissed off…

I hardly spend any time on here for a multitude of reasons, but the chopping of threads with no explanation, rhyme or reason, defiantly factors in. Some threads are just plain hard to follow bc posts have been removed. Other threads (that have been moved out of a thread and made into their own) don;t make any bloody sense bc they are completely out of context and there is no indication link or trail back to the original location. it’s just plain aggravating. And I assume more than a little frustrating if you are the one who’s post has been chopped, altered, moved or removed. :rant:

My massive brain and reasoning ability has told me that someone was thinking about doing something to the thread and then accidentally removed posts, totally on accident.

Isn’t that right one that will not be named? :slight_smile:

It doesn’t really matter what happened. My fridge is happily boasting my posting prowess to the toaster oven, who in turn is bragging about his friend the fridge to the sandwich maker. This has appeased the kitchen gods that sleep in the tea pot and has brought order back to west wing of my command center. Equalibrium in the miltown estate has been saved by the kind acts of a poster that humbly goes by the name Electronic Sink. namaste

[quote=“miltownkid”]

It doesn’t really matter what happened. My fridge is happily boasting my posting prowess to the toaster oven, who in turn is bragging about his friend the fridge to the sandwich maker. This has appeased the kitchen gods that sleep in the tea pot and has brought order back to west wing of my command center. Equalibrium in the miltown estate has been saved by the kind acts of a poster that humbly goes by the name Electronic Sink. namaste[/quote]But what about the coffe maker? Will he not be pissed for being left out on this? :wink:

When is the coffee maker not pissed?

When is the coffee maker not pissed?[/quote]

I don’t do English coffee, mate. Not anymore. So I wouldn’t know. :laughing:

When you bow down and pray to me recite my correct name - “Hacker God of Intraweb”.

:laughing:

The truth is a little more mundane than elektronisk would have us believe. :wink:

I am sure he did more or less what I’ve just done to find the post, which was moved, not deleted.

Search for “pile” with author: miltownkid, and display results as posts. One of the results is this:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 043#582043