Is it normal to feel like this?

Ok, I just have to ask, and I do expect a bunch of random really bizzare answers, but here we go anyhow.
I was over in Taiwan for Computex and as some of you have read I meet a girl and I’m absolutley crazy about her.
I can’t say I have ever felt like this for anyone in my life before.
Is this normal about someone that you’ve meet for two days?
We chat regularly on MSN and we have loads of things in common.
Either which way I’m going to move out to Taiwan and I’m aware things might not work out between us in the end, but…
I’m going nuts without her…!
Should I seek professional help or is this how you feel when you meet the one?

Its called long distance infatuation. Its easy to be in love with an “ideal”. You saw her two days and then left. All these feelings are the conjurings of your mind…not your heart. It takes personal time together to develope real feelings of the heart. When you discover all her flaws and still feel passion in your heart for her, then it can be considered a type of love.

For now, I would treat it as an infatuation or initial desire. Does she feel the same for you? Be cautious about professing feelings of love too early in a relationship, you may take a step forward a bit too quick and find yourself in a predicament. Definately do not come here for the sole reason to be with her. Make this destination of Taiwan a multi goal oriented trip. If one goal doesnt work out, no problem, you have othe rgoals to fall back on.

Having said all that, go for it. Come here and start a relationship. Enjoy life and make the best of it. Good luck and I wish you the best with your new girl.

(Welcome to Forumosa)

Once women finally realize how powerful the allure of the feminine mystique (i.e. lips, vagina, eyes, boobs, curve of the jaw, etc.) is to heterosexual men, there will be nothing to stop them from ruling the world.

I’d say this lass is particularly self-aware. You are whipped. No matter what age you are, you are now acting like a seventeen year old in heat. Poor, poor man.

Hehe… thanks for the answers, and yes, I guess I’m like a dribbling 17 year old…
And no, she’s not one of the show girls, sorry to disapoint, but they’re not my style.
To me she’s beautiful, but I guess she’s no photo model, but the looks was the first thing that attracted me to her.
However, it’s not what made me fall for her…
We talked a lot and I just felt like I could talk to her about anything, which is something that doesn’t happen to me very often.
She’s willing to give me a go, although I know her feelings for me are not as strong as mine for her.
I guess it has something to do with past boyfriends and bad experiences, so she’s a bit cautious.
But as I said, we talk on MSN pretty much every day and we’re getting to know eachother better that way at least. I’m aware this is not the same thing as being with someone in person, but at the moment I don’t have an option.
And I know I’m going to kick myself for the rest of my life if I don’t give this a go…

of course it’s normal to feel like this.

it’s called infatuation. it’s called lust. it’s normal.

i do find it strange that you are going so crazy without her after only 2 days though. are you so codependant that you feel incomplete now without her? this may not be normal, but feeling a huge crush totally is normal.

and to answer namahotties’ query:

who knows. all men have different tastes. some are infatuated with asian women for deep rooted reasons. it’s very difficult to pinpoint why. it just is. humans are visual creatures. some have a desire for exotic, unknown, or perhaps unattainable women. it’s exciting. it’s new.

and gosh darn, how can you not be attracted to any woman who gives you attention, who looks at you with adoring eyes, who shares common interests, and by golly, is stunning to look at. the silky black hair, the piercing brown eyes, the full lips, the cute way she wears her hair differently each day. her total devotion to you. oh, feed my fantasy you goddess. fulfill my ideals now while things are hot and fresh.

these things may pass, they may not. eventually something more real will develop, which will be even better than an infatuation, or things will get stale, and they will go their separate ways. who knows.

i agree with lost swede. you at least have to try. you never know what will come of it, unless you try. time will tell, and real time together will tell. finding “the one” is something you never know about, but if you don’t at least give it a shot then you may never find them.

we should all be so lucky.

jm

To be honest, I haven’t gone that far, we had a very good time together, but it was the time of the month so… but hey, it’s something to look forward to, right? I guess that’s when it all could go wrong :wink:
Yes, I know it’s all a bit much and everything has gone quite fast, but I have to agree with John, there’s something special about certain asian girls that definetly gets me going…
But as I said, it’s more than just looks, it’s the whole feeling, it just tingles all over and you feel warm and fuzzy… or am I just a softy?
Well, time will tell I guess, here’s me hoping for the best…

The whole thing sounds… dumb to me, but if it feels right go for it I say. Beautiful things will happen, or you’ll learn a lesson (which I think is a beautiful thing.) Just be sure that you do learn a lesson (any lesson) if things don’t work out.

well, it may sound “dumb” to some,
but hey, we only get one chance at life.
if something/someone grabs your fancy, why not go for.
yes, it could be beautiful.
life is too short.
who cares if he gets a lesson out of it.
it seems like it will only be a lesson if it fails.
a lesson in what though?
not to try?
not to hope?
not to seek something real?
if it works, then it’s a lesson in what?
something you already knew?
that’s not a lesson.
that’s living life.

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]To be honest, I haven’t gone that far, we had a very good time together, but it was the time of the month so… but hey, it’s something to look forward to, right? I guess that’s when it all could go wrong :wink:
Yes, I know it’s all a bit much and everything has gone quite fast, but I have to agree with John, there’s something special about certain Asian girls that definetly gets me going…
But as I said, it’s more than just looks, it’s the whole feeling, it just tingles all over and you feel warm and fuzzy… or am I just a softy?
Well, time will tell I guess, here’s me hoping for the best…[/quote]

Just curious – if you came to Taiwan, how wold you support your woman? You do realize that if you work in the electronics industry here, you will be taking a pay cut vs. a Swedish or British job.

Taiwan has great pussy, but unlesss you have good connections, it could stifle your professional working opportunities…something to consider.

oh, better forget it then. oh well.

if you can’t make good money, screw it. money money money.

give me a break.

he’s not in it for the money.

there was something else, a tad bit more important that he was referring to.

and what makes you think she doesn’t have a job, and doesn’t need to be “supported” by a man?

is that the only reason you think she likes him?

sad life you must lead to always go to the money.

i’ll repeat, life is too short. and as far as money is concerned, the cliche is right: you can’t take it with you.

there is something bigger being considered here.

(or maybe that was one of those joking/sarcastic responses that i never catch on to as tone is so hard to convey in a post)

Ok, I didn’t want to start a fight here people!!
But yes, she’s got a job and she’s very independant.
I don’t really care about the money, as long as I can make a decent enough living.
Yes, I’m taking a chance, but so what? I’ve never felt better in my life and even if it doesn’t work, isn’t it worth for at least a short time of happiness?
Money isn’t the most important thing in life to me, I’m old enough to have realised that there are other things that matters more.
I don’t think life in Taiwan is going to be easy, but it wasn’t easy moving to the UK 8 years ago, hell, I didn’t even understand what half of the people where saying! and my English wasn’t that bad…
And I have no intention to support a woman I hardly know, nor do I expect us to move in together straight away. I’m also quite positive that there are loads of other women in Taiwan if this doesn’t work out.
Still, I have to give this a shot, that’s all.
And thanks for all of the advice, a lot of it was much better than I expected :slight_smile:

It’s obvious that LostSwede is infatuated, but so what? Infatuation is great. The butterflies in your stomach and out of your mind in LURVE feeling that you have when you first meet someone you think you connect with is great. It could lead to a lasting relationship or not. Whatever the outcome, he’s clearly set on giving it a shot, so more power to him. :slight_smile:

TLS, I highly recommend you set some other goals for yourself before you come, though. Being too eager in a new relationship can make you appear desperate and that’s a turn off. There’s nothing more attractive to women than a man with clear goals and varied interests. Plus if you’ve got other things in your life besides your new sweetie, you’ll be ok even if things don’t work out between you. I wish you the best on your new Taiwan adventure, Mr. Swede. Welcome!

Hehe, thanks for the kind words and advice Erhu.
She’s actually the sensible one…
Anyhow, I’m not just randomly going to go to Taiwan, I’m looking for a decent job out there and I fully intend to stay even if things don’t work out. Hopefully I’ll meet up with some of you at some stage or another aswell.
I just need a change in my life and Taiwan looks like a good place to be right now.
I know my stuff and as long as I can find a company which is interested and offer me a job I’d consider I’m on my way.
Already started learning some very basic Chinese, but I have to say that my biggest problem is to remember the words, not to pronounce them, as there are so many of them and I guess it’s a matter of not having anyone to practice with :wink:
Anyhow, we’ll see how things goes, life goes on and I intend to move along with it this time rather than sit on my ass and think I’m not good enough.

Just make sure you come over with 10 US thousand or so. Native Swedish speakers aren’t in high demand in Taiwan, so you will probably have to go on a few visa runs and pound the pavement to find suitable employment. Your visa status in the country is on 30 or 60 day visas until you find employment.

Love is obviously more important, but good planning can add less stress to your new relationship.

Not to worry, I’m not relying on my Swedish :wink:
However, I am relying on my work experience, which is in the IT sector and I think I might just have found a really good job. Now all I have to do is wait for the company to get back to me :wink:
I’ve actually found at least a dozen jobs I’ve applied for so far, all within reach of my skills.
And I know people at a fair few companies out there which I haven’t even contacted as yet.
I might be in love, but I’m not stupid…
My initial plans went down the drain, but that’s not going to prevent me from doing something else.
When I moved to the UK I had a suitcase, ended up staying with some people I didn’t know and had no job. I’m not doing that again…
So yes, a fair bit of planning will be done before I move.
And I have already had a fair amount of good advice here, so thanks :slight_smile:

i realize the op had pretty much closed this post, but to answer mtk, i would like to add:

i was only referring to your statement, “i see everything in life as being pretty much the same shit different pile”.

this is what you wrote and i interpreted it as you see life as a pile of shit. this seemed sad to me, for i feel differently about life.

but, perhaps what i took as your interpretation as life, you meant as a metaphor for something more basic. maybe something more specific, and not as broad as your outlook on life.

i saw this statement by you, and my first was reaction was, ‘wow, that is a sad outlook on life’. life is not a pile of shit.

but i feel now i misinterpreted your statement, and as deliadelish (?) stated, i missed your point, so sorry,

and also to deliadelish, you don’t know me, so don’t tell me if i care or if i am interested or not. i posted didn’t i?

anyway, to the lost swede, you did not cause a “fight”, just some misinterpretations on my part from anothers’ post, and some assumptions on my feelings from another.

so happy trails y’all.

jm

[quote=“JOHN MOSS”]i was only referring to your statement, “i see everything in life as being pretty much the same shit different pile”.

this is what you wrote and i interpreted it as you see life as a pile of shit. this seemed sad to me, for i feel differently about life.

but, perhaps what i took as your interpretation as life, you meant as a metaphor for something more basic. maybe something more specific, and not as broad as your outlook on life.

i saw this statement by you, and my first was reaction was, ‘wow, that is a sad outlook on life’. life is not a pile of shit. [/quote]
Oh, the shit and piles :slight_smile:.

I suppose in my metaphor (or analogy? I often get the two confused) the shit is the linking thing throughout the different piles. Piles have different shapes (colors, smells, etc. :laughing:), but they’re made of shit. Sort of like different areas of expertise or whatnot (soccer, swimming, painting, quantum mechanics) look different, but they’re all tied together with knowledge/experience/something. Like with all things you start knowing nothing, then you know something, then your a [insert activity] black belt 10th degree ninjitsu grandmaster.

Anytime I face a new situation/whatever that I know nothing about, I think “same shit, different pile.” (so like it’s new and old at the same time or something)

That explanation may have made 0 sense, but I tried.

[quote=“JOHN MOSS”]i realize the op had pretty much closed this post, but to answer mtk, i would like to add:

i was only referring to your statement, “i see everything in life as being pretty much the same shit different pile”.

i saw this statement by you, and my first was reaction was, ‘wow, that is a sad outlook on life’. life is not a pile of shit.

but i feel now i misinterpreted your statement, and as deliadelish (?) stated, i missed your point, so sorry,

and also to deliadelish, you don’t know me, so don’t tell me if i care or if i am interested or not. i posted didn’t i?

anyway, to the lost swede, you did not cause a “fight”, just some misinterpretations on my part from anothers’ post, and some assumptions on my feelings from another.

so happy trails y’all.

jm[/quote]

[quote=“delieadalish”]there is no point your not interested anyway :slight_smile:
no worries have a good day[/quote]

John Moss, I apologize if what I wrote seems nasty or snippy to you. :slight_smile: really it was not how it was intended. I guess it defiantly comes off a bit ‘bitchy’, I considered trying to explain MTK’s point to you, but then felt there was no reason as I honestly felt he had expressed it quite well and I would just be repeating him. The “there is no point” was in reference to that. The “you’re not interested anyway” was merely the impression I got from what you had written, not so much that you weren’t interested, as much as you were not open to it. You’re right I don’t know you, I’m sorry I offended you. Cheers have a good week :slight_smile:.

to the lost swede, good luck :smiley:, I’m sure you’ll have a good time here.

Hehe…
Phew… I almost thought I’d caused world war 3 there :wink:
Already having some companies being interested, so we’ll see what happens but it doesn’t seem impossible to get a decent job out there!
Hopefully I’ll be able to make it out there in the not to distant future.
And thanks for all the input once again.
Oh, and yes, I’m still feeling the same :stuck_out_tongue:

At least now you kow it’s normal… right? :wink: