and crushed
when it
was not

Then you remember
to your dismay
you were the one
who pushed him away

dig 8/09

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Ok, I just have to ask, and I do expect a bunch of random really bizzare answers, but here we go anyhow.
I was over in Taiwan for Computex and as some of you have read I meet a girl and I’m absolutley crazy about her.
I can’t say I have ever felt like this for anyone in my life before.
Is this normal about someone that you’ve meet for two days?
We chat regularly on MSN and we have loads of things in common.
Either which way I’m going to move out to Taiwan and I’m aware things might not work out between us in the end, but…
I’m going nuts without her…!
Should I seek professional help or is this how you feel when you meet the one?[/quote]

I didn’t bother reading the rest of the posts, but this rings true to my ears, I came to Shenzhen for a three day business trip, met a Japanese Karaoke bar hostess (wait that sounds so bloody awful, let’s say “fancy waitress” because it wasn’t a dodgey kind of place) and my fate was sealed, I went home, sold my cars etc etc and came over to China to try and live and be with her, best thing I ever did, sure it didn’t work out eventually, when my cash ran out so did she (although strangely enough she tracked me down years later to apologise for running out), but if she hadn’t been that push to make me leave and embark on my adventure… well I’d still be stuck in some shitty boring old life running around fixing peoples’ computers for shit money in a dead end country.

Live life, enjoy it, and it’s so bloody seldom that we meet someone who really sets off that spark inside of us, sure we can all appreciate an attractive girl, but how often do you meet someone and feel like you’ve been punched in the gut she’s so damn beautiful?

edit - - Haha, guess I should’ve checked the date on the original post :slight_smile: well it still looks like you ended up in Taiwan, so I’m guessing you’re happy you took the chance!

well said, take the chance, life is for living

Hehe, no worries.
Things didn’t work out with that girl, but we’re still friends and my life has definitely changed radically since I moved here, most of it for the better.
I don’t regret moving here, but who know’s what the future holds as know I’m with a girl that likes to travel and we’re considering our options for the future.
But you’re indeed right, sometimes you have to take a chance and stick with it, things might not work out the way you plan, but you’d miss out on the adventure if nothing else if you never took the chance in the first place.

It’s so funny how guys mistake lust for love!! Your initial attraction to a girl is purely physical. It’s your hormones and pheromones jumping around for joy at the thought of sleeping with the girl you’re attracted to. It has nothing to do with finding “the one,” if that even exists, but more to do with the chemical relationship you have with this girl. Yes, our bodies actually speak to each other in their own way. There are a lot of different things that factor into this, including your scent. This initial attraction is often mistaken for “love,” but the attraction is so strong in the beginning simply because it’s new and unattainable. Once you hit it a few times, you’ll be ready to quit it… in most cases that is. It’s the male biological instinct. But if your personalities/goals/expections etc. turn out to be compatible in ADDITION to your hormones, well then you may become considerably happy life partners - not each other’s “true love,” which is a load of bull :slight_smile:

Uhm, sorry, don’t know you, but imho, you’re talking a lot of bull…
I was in love with the girl, it just happened and I can’t explain it, it wasn’t about getting laid, as I never even had sex with her.
I really just fell for her and that’s that.
Sure, it didn’t work out, but part of that was my fault so there you go.
We’re still friends and we still talk about what could’ve been from time to time, but I don’t regret the way things ended up as I meet another great girl and we’ve been together for two and a half years now.
However, with this girl it took more time, but I liked her straight away, but it just wasn’t the same. We have a great relation ship now, but it doesn’t prove that hormones has anything to do with it.