Is it possible to seek asylum in Taiwan

Parents were academics so I saw protests against him at U of Q.

He did develop the Gold Coast, opened Queensland to Asian investment, etc. And had the red cap far before Trump did! :joy:

1 Like

Brings back memories of Mike Gore and the white shoe brigade. I can still hear the Sanctuary Cove jingle in my head.

taiwan is a free country, hell of politicians can throw chairs, crackers and pig guts at each other and imsult each other onthe media them its pretty damn free.

to maybe answer some other posts here, the thing is Australian doesnt even need a lockdown, hell there isnt even a pandemic here only a scamdemic.Australians are usually pretty healthy people as our food safety here is probably the best on earth and we have little to no pollution.

Obviously some places like Taiwan i surpose some restrictions here and there may be ā€œacceptable ishā€ due to the fact that the risk of people being a bit unhealthy is higher because of the bad air and not so great food safety (still rather those things than dictatorship though).

Did it ever occur to you to wonder why there isnā€™t a pandemic in Australia?
And food safety and little pollution? I donā€™t think the virus cares.

1 Like

Thatā€™d require elementary counterfactual thinking along the lines of ā€œIf kangaroos didnā€™t have tails, they would topple over.ā€ You seem to be forgetting heā€™s an Australian.

Speaking of roos, Iā€™d choose pollution and unsafe food over a country where you canā€™t hold a little athletics long jump event in mating season without it turning to tragedy

This story caught my eye recently, an Irish politician who thinks that covid restrictions are like the Holocaust.

Every animal in Australia is trying to kill you. Either eat you or with venom.

1 Like

Yes. Never hug a koala.

As you know, Australia is a totalitarian dictatorship. Dozens, even hundreds of people are massacred by marsupials or ravished by reptiles every day, but the government hides these deaths using euphemisms like ā€œroad accidentā€ or ā€œCovidā€ or ā€œheart attackā€ (yeah, like the healthy 28 year woman who had her thorax ripped open by a koala)

The worst is the thylacine attacks

1 Like

You ever wonder those Layah spider in Taiwan (huntsman spider) is called clock spider in Australia?

Because theyā€™re the size of clocks.

This discussion made me think of this epic clip

3 Likes

Isnā€™t it cos when u see one you know your timeā€™s up?

Actually huntsman spiders arenā€™t so bad if you treat them courteously. Sit down and have a few shots of Jaegermeister with it. Talk about flies.

Thatā€™s all staged, mate. Propaganda from the Oz dictatorship trying to show marsupials arenā€™t so dangerous. If it were a real roo, the man wouldā€™ve been just one more eviscerated corpse before he was even out of the car

2 Likes

Just a ploy to get the proles on the trains, or possibly even on the boats, or maybe even into boat costumes. Probably forced to consume Finnā€™s sports drinks too

1 Like

The Australian government takes a dim view of boat fetishists:

1 Like

This is why

What a handsome fellow. Reminds me of me, just with 3 extra limbs.

1 Like

Cursed with a large nose eh

1 Like

Five finsā€¦

2 Likes