Is it true that Taiwanese women are very clingy?

Do you find Taiwanese women clingy?

• Yes, they are the clingiest women I’ve ever met in my life!
  • Yes, more so than the women back home.
  • Yes, but only slightly more so than the women back home.
  • No, not really. They are just like the rest of the women in the world.
  • No, they are not clingy at all.

0 voters

Hi all, I’ve heard so many foreign men said that about Taiwanese women. I was just wondering about the validity of it. Please vote! And feel free to add some stories if you like! Thanks!

Have fun. :bouncy:

PS. I did a quick search but nothing came up. But if for some reason there’s alreadya poll or a thread like this one then the hell with the first one. please don’t flounder mine. :thanks:

[quote=“Dave’s girl”]Hi all, I’ve heard so many foreign men said that about Taiwanese women. I was just wondering about the validity of it. Please vote! And feel free to add some stories if you like! Thanks!

Have fun. :bouncy:

PS. I did a quick search but nothing came up. But if for some reason there’s alreadya poll or a thread like this one then the hell with the first one. please don’t flounder mine. :thanks:[/quote]

Yeah they cling on to you like glad wrap so you don’t escape and abscond with the wrong woman by accident.

I’d share some of my clingy stories if not because I’m just not the clingy type.

A little participation would be nice. :unamused:

[quote=“Dave’s girl”]I’d share some of my clingy stories if not because I’m just not the clingy type.

A little participation would be nice. :unamused:[/quote]

It’s still CNY, give it some time and come Monday 5 pm, you will have your stories…

My Taiwanese GF isn’t clingy at all.

yes the NT

What the hell is an NT? Is this some new word all the cool kids are using?

Not so many years ago, a 27 year-old Aussie bloke was sent to Taiwan by his company for six months.

The young bloke had been warned by his boss that some of the local women were a bit clingy and a bad experience with a young woman he met at Ziga Zaga’s, only a week after ariving in Taiwan, had already made the young bloke a bit cautious. The way he told the story, he had made it clear it was a one-night only deal, but she found him at his place of work a few days later and went to see him. He said he had to make it clear that he wasn’t interested, in front of twenty staff, in the middle of the office because she wouldn’t take a polite, “No” as an answer.

Then, some time later, during the course of work, he met a 30-ish female lawyer. A late afternoon meeting with the lawyer turned into dinner, drinks and afters. Within a few days she’d more or less moved in. Within a week, he found that she wanted to give him a mobile phone, “Just so I can find you?” She started giving him other gifts - tailored shirts, surprise romantic weekend trips away, etc.

But when, after a few months, he said he wanted some space, they had a huge argument. The woman tore the shirts to pieces. When he tried to give her money to pay her back for his share of some of their recent expenses the woman tore the money to shreds and threw it down the toilet. She wasn’t going to let him leave her and said so, a few times.

Despite that, and despite a few other amazing fights, the last I heard they were engaged and had gone to Oz to meet his parents.

That was such a romantic story. I feel warm and fuzzy inside now.

I’ve still got half a dozen stuck to the soles of my shoes and no amount of door mats or stepping in puddles has helped the situation. The worst of it is when the next one comes along there’s always this hint of the last few in the air.

Actually, I reckon Taiwanese women aren’t any more clingy than anyone else.

If you want more stories, I could tell one about a married French guy who had a very brief thing (two nights) with a Taiwanese girl and was still calling her, asking for more and being refused regularly a year later.

It’s all individual.

Maybe Dave’s Girl would find this thread interesting: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=5437

[quote=“Beachside Queenslander”]Actually, I reckon Taiwanese women aren’t any more clingy than anyone else.

If you want more stories, I could tell one about a married French guy who had a very brief thing (two nights) with a Taiwanese girl and was still calling her, asking for more and being refused regularly a year later.

It’s all individual.[/quote]

Sure, please tell us about the married French guy.

[quote=“Sweetie”][quote=“Beachside Queenslander”]Actually, I reckon Taiwanese women aren’t any more clingy than anyone else.

It’s all individual.[/quote]

Sure, please tell us about the married French guy.[/quote]
Me too. Do share please.

Sorry ladies but the lack of participation from others has put me off. We need someone else’s stories.

As much as I want to contribute to the topic, I am just not a very clingy person… and I can’t help that…

What about your friends? :wink:

What about your friends? :wink:[/quote]

YC is quite right, Sweetie. Your friends very well might be able to help you become more clingy.

OK, I’ve got a clingy story. Donno if it’s worth telling but here it goes. I was sorta seeing this guy, right? Well, more correctly, he was chasing after me, pursuiting me… Anyway, one night he took me out on a date. Now, before you make any assumption about our relationship. We were sleeping together already but I guess I was just using him for sex and that I was commitment phobic so I was hesitant to think of us as an item. The date must have been a real bore 'cause I can’t remmeber a damn thing what we talked about. So anyway, after the dinner he took me home and we said our good-byes and that was it. I went to bed early that night. Then I was woken up by this noise. That was when I realized someone was at the door so I went to see who it was and yup you’ve guessed it. The guy I was on a date with just 2 hours ago is now standing at my door. I was like “Err, what’s up? What are you doing here?” He looked at me and with this painful expression on his face he said: “Why didn’t you say ‘thank you for taking me out for dinner.’?” :loco: You can imagine what I must have felt like. I was freaked out by his bizarre behavior. So, that did it for me. I never saw him again.

You reckon the real message was (1) “Why didn’t you say ‘thank you for taking me out for dinner?’” or (2) “So… no sex tonight? What’s up with this!?”

I suppose whether it was (1) or (2), there was a good chance that it was going to lead to “Adios Clingy-Dude”…