Is President Bush being Medicated?

Nora Ephron discusses why she thinks President Bush is taking anti-depressant medication.

huffingtonpost.com/nora-ephr … _9919.html

C`mon he is probably only zipping on a Chinese fertility drug chicken soup.

seems every american male i know over 40 is on some kinda mood-altering drug. lotsa folks taking anti-depressants. others are taking stuff like celebrex. wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he was on some kind of meds. my refusal to take even cold medicine doesn’t always go over well in this pharamceutical state.

my drug? stay away from overdoing it on booze as such makes me depressed days later and try to get some exercise. endomorphins rock!

You mean like JFK with his “Dr. Feelgood” staff physician?

opinionjournal.com/columnist … =110002664

[quote]* Illnesses as serious, varied and potentially debilitating as JFK’s, which included Addison’s disease, chronic and intense back pain due to the collapse of bones in his spinal column, intestinal problems including colitis and ulcers, chronic prostatitis and urethritis, frequent fatigue, high fevers, increased vulnerability to infection, frequent headaches, diarrhea and a chronic abscess in his back, should have been fully divulged to the American people before they voted in the 1960 election.

• The medications he took, including corticosteroids, procaine, antispasmodics including Lomotil, testosterone, amphetamines to help combat fatigue and depression, Nembutal and, for a few days, an antipsychotic drug were, as we now say, inappropriate in a sitting president, and a standing one too, if he could stand.

… JFK had three doctors treating him, one of whom, the famous “Dr. Feelgood,” Max Jacobson, was giving him amphetamine shots during his first summit with Krushchev. There, JFK displayed an utter inability to defend free-market capitalism in the face of Krushchev’s coarse onslaughts on the superiority of Marxism. Kennedy flailed. After the meeting Krushchev operated with a new belligerence, cutting Berlin in two with a wall and placing missiles in Cuba.[/quote]

[quote=“MaPoSquid”]You mean like JFK with his “Dr. Feelgood” staff physician?

[quote]* Illnesses as serious, varied and potentially debilitating as JFK’s, which included Addison’s disease, chronic and intense back pain due to the collapse of bones in his spinal column, intestinal problems including colitis and ulcers, chronic prostatitis and urethritis, frequent fatigue, high fevers, increased vulnerability to infection, frequent headaches, diarrhea and a chronic abscess in his back, should have been fully divulged to the American people before they voted in the 1960 election.

• The medications he took, including corticosteroids, procaine, antispasmodics including Lomotil, testosterone, amphetamines to help combat fatigue and depression, Nembutal and, for a few days, an antipsychotic drug were, as we now say, inappropriate in a sitting president, and a standing one too, if he could stand.

… JFK had three doctors treating him, one of whom, the famous “Dr. Feelgood,” Max Jacobson, was giving him amphetamine shots during his first summit with Krushchev. There, JFK displayed an utter inability to defend free-market capitalism in the face of Krushchev’s coarse onslaughts on the superiority of Marxism. Kennedy flailed. After the meeting Krushchev operated with a new belligerence, cutting Berlin in two with a wall and placing missiles in Cuba.[/quote][/quote]

Not to mentioned smoking grass and dropping acid in the Lincoln bedroom with Mary Meyer.

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … ugs#420451](Democratic Dilemna

Good for Nora.

Whats she poppin’? :stuck_out_tongue:

MaPoSquid wrote:

[quote]You mean like JFK with his “Dr. Feelgood” staff physician?

Quote:

• Illnesses as serious, varied and potentially debilitating as JFK’s, which included Addison’s disease, chronic and intense back pain due to the collapse of bones in his spinal column, intestinal problems including colitis and ulcers, chronic prostatitis and urethritis, frequent fatigue, high fevers, increased vulnerability to infection, frequent headaches, diarrhea and a chronic abscess in his back, should have been fully divulged to the American people before they voted in the 1960 election.

… JFK had three doctors treating him, one of whom, the famous “Dr. Feelgood,” Max Jacobson, was giving him amphetamine shots during his first summit with Krushchev. There, JFK displayed an utter inability to defend free-market capitalism in the face of Krushchev’s coarse onslaughts on the superiority of Marxism. Kennedy flailed. After the meeting Krushchev operated with a new belligerence, cutting Berlin in two with a wall and placing missiles in Cuba. [/quote]

I agree. It is completely unacceptable for a president to be so heavily medicated – including Bush.

“WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE
JUST GIVE HIM A BLOW JOB
SO WE CAN IMPEACH HIM?!”

[quote=“tinman”]

I agree. It is completely unacceptable for a president to be so heavily medicated – including Bush.[/quote]
Well, if anyone can provide evidence, rather than “I think he…” drivel from the Puffington Host, then by all means make an issue of it.

Doens’t surprise me at all, with all the lies, remorse, guilt he has to live with.

:fume:

yes…

Interesting little clip of his recently, showing that Bush is really, really losing it.

[quote]"Obviously, the extent to which uh [0.295]
the Japanese government wants to give reconstruction money to Iraq is up to the Japanese government, and [pause 0.187]
to- to the- and I- as to the- [pause 0.205]
the- the uh deployment of troops, it’s up to- [0.421] it’s up to the government. [pause 1.237]
's what happens in democracies – government makes decisions that uh [pause 0.598]
that uh that they’re uh capable of living with, and that’s [pause 1.966]
that’s what we said, ((we)) said, do the best you can do; [pause 0.530]
make up your own mind, it’s your decision, not mine.[/quote]

I’m hoping Bush will get a regular spot on The Osbournes.

[quote=“mofangongren”]Interesting little clip of his recently, showing that Bush is really, really losing it.

[quote]"Obviously, the extent to which uh [0.295]
the Japanese government wants to give reconstruction money to Iraq is up to the Japanese government, and [pause 0.187]
to- to the- and I- as to the- [pause 0.205]
the- the uh deployment of troops, it’s up to- [0.421] it’s up to the government. [pause 1.237]
's what happens in democracies – government makes decisions that uh [pause 0.598]
that uh that they’re uh capable of living with, and that’s [pause 1.966]
that’s what we said, ((we)) said, do the best you can do; [pause 0.530]
make up your own mind, it’s your decision, not mine.[/quote]

I’m hoping Bush will get a regular spot on The Osbournes.[/quote]

Curious, was he saying this in Japan? Was he being spontaneously translated?

Edit: I listened to it and found nothing wrong with the speed or content.

grasp
straw

A for effort though. If you just read the transcript, it looks pretty bad. I especially like the timed pauses. Are you working for the daily Kos now?? lol
:wink:
peace

jds

His Keanu Reeves-esque delivery is pretty interesting. Is that a water pipe in the background? Was that somebody saying:
“Whoah… dude!”

Bushes smirk drives me up the wall, and sometimes he seems downright dumb,and he makes mistakes, but I don’t believe he is an evil person and that he lies like some posters with a questionable political agenda make him out to be. Sorry, but the evil lies within the hearts of some forumosans who are willing to believe and spread the basest falsehoods because they don’t like the man or his politics. If this comment offends you, maybe you need to look at your own politics honestly and objectively. :sunglasses:

[quote=“Toe Tag”]“WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE
JUST GIVE HIM A BLOW JOB
SO WE CAN IMPEACH HIM?!”[/quote]

What are you waiting for?

:smiley:

MaPoSquid you see the documentary they had on the Disco Channel? Feelgood visited the White House over 30 times and also accompanied JFK on trips. Bobby confronted John on it and he told him to mind his own business. In fairness to JFK seemed he was in a hell of a lota pain. Spent most days in his bed or in the bathtub.

Wonder what Bush’s excuse is.