Is Taiwan racist?

As a Taiwanese, I can’t say that every Taiwanese is a non-racist. Racism is found everywhere. You will find racism in North America or Middle East. It is not about the country. You will always meet hateful people. Sometimes, I meet these people you met. Sometimes, they try to mess with you even they are unprovoked. I live in a building with an elevator and janitor in a safe area. I know there are some annoying old ladies living here. But, I spend most of my time locked in my apartment. I am not social here. I only have contact with the janitor because I need to pay for the building’s utilities. I only hang out with people who don’t live in the same building. But, I am still selective. Sometimes, you can feel the toxic people. Just avoid them. Try to stay in an area with more family people. If someone messes with you, just avoid any confrontation. This doesn’t mean you are a coward. But, this is called “personal development” and you will gain respect from others no matter where you are from.

1 Like