Is Taiwan racist?

Traditionally Taiwanese and Chinese (and many Asians) used to sit on their hunkers. It used to be a common site in Taiwan but I don’t see it much now. Think building site labourers eating bian dang.

1 Like

I mean 10% foreigners/non-Han. That’s the percentage of many countries in Europe.

OK, we have a starting point.

Taiwan needs more foreigners.

3 Likes

It really does in many ways.

1 Like

Taiwan is really not a good place to be SE Asian.

Definitely

4 Likes

I don’t get it. If that was really ‘Sauce for Taiwanese’, wouldn’t it be all gone?

What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Ba Wan sauce…Yeah I think it qualifies for that translation .:grin:

I don’t ride the MRT that frequently but have seen similar things twice in recent weeks. One, a ‘middle-aged’ woman passively-aggressively a woman who appeared to be a very tired overseas Chinese with two young kids (who gave up their seats to the sighing local who got off a stop later, pushing past the kids on the way out the door.

No one refuses to sit next to me on the train Japan.

In Taiwan, it’s a regular enough occurrence. What’s that?

2 Likes

They don’t refuse to sit next to us anymore cos it’s too crowded these days !
Lot of Taiwanese are awkward with foreigners…Really awkward .
Old people are fine though they are relaxed.

It’s common but take the positive view is that you get two seats and no one sneezing viruses into your face, taking your elbow room, or trying to get free English lessons. It’s great for an anti social tall person such as myself. Imagine you are travelling first class for economy price.

1 Like

I wish people refused to sit/stand near me.

1 Like

IMHO Most ethnicities have racism as it’s human nature.

I was educated in a UN classroom from primary to tertiary so I don’t have any prejudice towards anyone’s race, gender, religion etc etc.

Some ethnicities’ cultures have dominating issues due to their local and global histories.

An the ole just accept it argument…
It’s bullshit.

Taiwan isn’t in the UN so no help there . :joy:

3 Likes

The song COLORS OF THE WIND springs to mind.

I love it when I can’t tell what’s sarcasm and what’s real.

5 Likes

I understand.
I was just trying to suggest my education experience as an example to demonstrate how to reduce racial discrimination on the planet.
Not many people have my opportunities to be educated in a UN classroom culture.