Is there anyone who shops at Kaohsiung Costco in this forum?

You should’ve at least bought some beer at the Costco. Northern store has pretty good selection.

If you’re craving pumpkin pie, I believe Arkansas diner has some right now.

Small baking supply shops always have a nice cream cheese selection. Some of the French ones are usually cheaper than Philadelphia.

Costco always has mascarpone, which is great on those dinner rolls they sell in the giant bag for $99 or their bagels.

If you can get your hands on some allspice - and if you own a mixer of any kind, including a stick mixer - it’s super easy to make eggnog. It’s also likely to taste much better than anything you could have bought at Costco.

Just buy a carton or two of Arla heavy whipping cream (at Costco), go down to your local grocery store and pick up a nt45 carton of eggs and some sugar, and google eggnog recipes. Choose one you like.

The only reason to buy store bought eggnog imo are the emulsifiers they add to keep fats from separating from the liquid in the final product. I always just keep a stick mixer handy, or even a whisk, when I pour out a fresh glass.

Also I don’t have to buy eggs and cream and stuff and do various things to them :slight_smile: I don’t know, this Hood one at Costco was pretty good, but nothing beats making your own, true.

Yes, but that requires actual work in the kitchen. And then the cleaning up…:confounded:

I’m on a diet so probably plain sugar water would taste good to me now to be fair :slight_smile:

I do indeed have allspice on hand amongst many other spices. But no stick/blender haha. Guess its time to get one…are there any local brands of cream that are decent that one can get at regular grocery stores like px mart and that?

Drewc Do they cold beer? i wasnt in the mood to wait for refrigeration to happen :wink:

The Arla is 36% milk fat, which is pretty high, and it’s price at Costco is around nt$185 per liter. PX Mart carries another brand in the 1L size, but I don’t remember its name. I do remember that its price is nt$252, though, and that it’s slightly less in milk fat. Both are UHT but that shouldn’t matter if you’re making eggnog.

What does this mean?

Free onions!!! Bag them up!

:grin:

1 Like

She definately runs a restaraunt or food stall…

I’ve recently seen foreigners doing this bagging onions thing by using the big cup that comes with ordering food.

1 Like

Environmentalists stealing?