Is traffic the worst part of Taiwan's lingering third worldism?

Ok, show me that traffic was a primary focus of the last election campaign amongst Taiwanese.

Do you have any proof?

How much did candidates spend talking about road safety?

Or are you misunderstanding my point?

1 Like

I didn’t say they were, it’s quite obvious they don’t consider it a problem. The point is they should! It’s a massive problem!

Good, we agree then. Why are you insulting my intelligence with the clockwork orange gif?

Give it to him BHL!

:joy::grin:

Taiwanese people are kind of oblivious to a lot of stuff.
I don’t know why that is.
Cultural studies anybody ?

2 Likes

It will become an issue once the population decline becomes a problem. An extra 8000 people a year not dying will be a motivator to change. Unfortunately it will be too late.

Keep your head down, pretend not to notice (or actually do not notice) what is happening, don’t say anything . . . .

These are learned habits going back (at least) to the dictatorship era. They remain entrenched for many folks in Taiwan today.

Guy

5 Likes

So you expect me to go and lobby parliament for an issue that is barely on the radar of most Taiwanese when I, a full time worker already barely have enough time to do work on lobbying for dual citizenship?

You get one choice. Dual citizenship that makes us all constituents, forcing them to at least consider our problems with traffic
or
I waste my time fighting an uphill battle lobbying for traffic enforcement against a largely apathetic constituency while you remain a second class citizen.

My time is limited. Pick one.

Which is it?

There’s the results of what it would look like if a country the size of Taiwan had English-style driving.

500 people.

Lemme get Tsai on the phone for 500 people in a country of 23 million. Fuck the 500 000 foreigners.

Or may be you’d like to take back the remark and remind yourself of the work some of us have already put in.

This thread alone cost me $10000-15000 in lost wages. It would take decades of APTG’s service to replace the savings that were lost. I paid for that for us.

Or I can just say fuck it and you guys figure out your situations with the banks and ARCs.

Which is it?

You too @BHL4life, Go on, tell me how I’m wrong.

4 Likes

In the Tao and Buddhism

1 Like

Basically a Chinese thing isn’t it.

3 Likes

Marco…Take it easy lol. I’m only kidding with you.

You have to understand, this stuff takes a tonne of time and energy and money. I’m exhausted.

5 Likes

It certainly does. I understand and appreciate it.

For instance I have outstanding issues with my bank but I’ve parked it for the moment as I want to be able to focus on other things.

2 Likes

You gotta decide what’s more important I guess.

1 Like

That’s right. And I’ve decided that no issue is as important as making us into constituents. Without voting rights, we cannot effect anything.

6 Likes

@Marco is 100% correct. Law-makers and politicians don’t give two shits about the occasional pedestrian getting mowed down. Neither do the vast majority of citizens.
Much better that he spend his time and energy on something that may actually get results. :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Cool off marco, No need to go to defcon 1. I didn’t seriously think you can get Tsai ying wen on the blower just like that, and i used a funny gif… because it is funny.

On the flip side, i fully believe that Taiwan’s driving situation is a serious issue. I agree with the title of the thread, when you don’t have the basic human right of safety can you really say your country is developed?

7 Likes

Well thousands of ppl die of drug abuse in Britain every year, in Taiwan it’s like 100. Can you really say the UK is developed?

LOL what’s the relation there?

2 Likes

Let’s not play that game even though you have a point it has no end point to the game .

For instance Taiwanese love betelnut.
Etc etc.