Is Xi Done For!? Rumors Abound!

2 Likes

Install demainstream. It siphons out the sponsored junk news nicely on YT.

1 Like

Or use Vanced (Android) with sponsor block.

1 Like

Wow! I can’t believe the commander-in-chief of the PLA, Xi Jinping, in collusion with the general secretary of the CCP, Xi Jinping, just put the president of China, Xi Jinping, under house arrest!

5 Likes

This reminds me of the web series, The Family Man starring Manoj Bajpayee. I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons, which touched on Kashmir and Sri Lanka, respectively, and I was excited that the end of season 2 indicated China would be the backdrop of the next season.

It seems Covid will be the issue, but at the time I saw it, I thought it would be about something else (like in the OP’s post).

Hopefully these baseless rumors are pissing off the CCP censors and making them work overtime. That’s about as much good as will come out of them.

1 Like

I wouldn’t assume a coup to take Xi down to be a good thing. Coups are usually done by the military or someone who has control/loyalty of the military. It’s entirely possible the next nut job to be some kind of war hungry general that wants to take Taiwan for his glory.

3 Likes

If Xi is overthrown it’s best to leave Taiwan ASAP on a plane. A lot of nationalists that would want to prove something as their first order of business. If it’s a military coup then Taiwan is probably first thing on their agenda.

The PLA doesn’t want to take Taiwan.

2 Likes

Huh?

I am talking about a coup possibly being real if CCP allies started reporting it, not countries that actively dislike the CCP. Like India. As it is, I have doubts.

So you’re saying we should spread more far and wide in hopes they get so over run they might miss some somestuff? :innocent:

If you can type XD in the chat of a Chinese owned game, then I’m sure Xi is done for.

Yeah. I knew it was bullshit. Just like the “Kim is dead” rumors from a couple years ago. Never trust anything on Twitter by a person with a preexisting bias/agenda.

Even if it is 100% ‘fake news’, it doesn’t look good for Xi.

A wild internet rumour in September, could become true in December.

Xi has been dealing with public internal dissent since at least 2016.

The letter is respectful but stern, and obviously comes from someone who knows Chinese politics . It pretty much starts with an obliquely stated threat of violence. Well worth reading. I wish I could write that well.

So if there was public internal strife in 2016, how much worse is it now, after he made a fool of himself in Hong Kong?

Xi has not been in the news for 1 or 2 years now.

If you arrest people over a Winnie the Pooh joke, are you the strongest man in the world, or the weakest?

Whatever Xi’s actual position now, he has lost a lot of political-social capital. Once your credibility level drops below a certain level, you are done.

Not only is he drowning, but the CCP itself is collapsing.

We have front row seats in Taiwan… Enjoy the Show.

Not sure you’d enjoy the show if it included missiles landing on top of random places in Taiwan [or outlying islands for starters] or Internet cable suddenly cut.

2 Likes

If we get independence out of it, it might worth the price of admission.

2 Likes

Missiles I could deal with. No Wifi would be terrifying.

5 Likes

As long as you’re not the one having a missile land on you, right?

Speak for yourself on this one.

1 Like

If we get independence from China, I’m ok with being the one that a missile lands on.

4 Likes

A Heritage Foundation employee told me last Sunday that Falun Gong actually has a lot of insider information about the CCP, since many party members think FLG is good for you.