It's 2019, Does Taiwan Still Produce the Worst Beer in Asia?

SK beer is bad, but I still think it’s better than Taiwan. More variety at least.

For the ranking of Asian beers (at least the ones I’ve tried) I’d go
Japan
Thailand
Vietnam
China
S Korea
Taiwan dead last. Friggin’ Taiwan Gold Beer and then the worst kind of “imports” like Heineken. It’s a dead zone for beer outside of Costco and Jason’s.

Carrefour has loads of choice these days.

1 Like

Carrefour might be inconsistent, because mine has some choices beyond the local 7/11, but it’s still not that exciting. It’s like okay, now I can also choose Budweiser and Hoegaarden.

My local one has about fifty beers.

1 Like

I guess my Kaohsiung Carrefours just sucks then

1 Like

Yes, they do…

I agree. But also keep in mind TTL was/is a monopoly (its in their name) butnis opening up. To give credit, ince Taiwanese get it in their heads they like it AND can make money on it they are world.class fast moving factory/production folk. They can go from barely growing a plant to winning best of whatever in 10 years. Sure many are bought and paid for but i wouldnt be surprised now that taiwan is opening up alcohol regs that we see more and more decent stuff coming out. The only hurdle between now and having a west coast NA scene is here fda and those guys require factory licenses and so everything is OEM. Once/if we can get brew pubs…taiwan will shine!

But gotta say, still better than korea as far as i have drank. For referrence monkey piss is translated into horse piss in chinese if anyone is feeling like getting into it at the bar :wink:

Yes, they seem to about that and most of the time much cheaper than a local import bottle shop.

1 Like

Isn’t Taiwan beer also started by the Germans ?

He died

The title of this thread is outdated and inaccurate

1 Like

I fixed her up.

Or @Quentin was a time traveler!

1 Like

Oh hell yes… I had to plug my nose and chug down the rest after the first sip about made me vomit.

1 Like

Reminds me of a cool CSI episode where this rich guy had a safe room designed like a nursery in which he dressed as baby and drank whisky and milk from a bottle. The maid dosed him with LSD and he jumped out of a second floor window.

A bit of history @tommy525

The next thing you know you’re seeing graffiti everywhere! : P

Guy

Damn when is the MOI going to give you honorary citizenship? You’re already there!

Guy

1 Like

Worse yet you start buying all the value-oriented foreigners beers too!

What about Beer Lao, yo?!

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Beer Alert & Directory V - Roaring 20s edition