It's 2019, Does Taiwan Still Produce the Worst Beer in Asia?

That’s why I like my liquor from a milk bottle.

1 Like

Worldwide beers (brands) have always been a local thing except for a few brands that put large budgets in marketing. (Heineken, Stella Artois …). Even at present some brands stay local.

Is there any other way to drink it?

What do you mean?

What I mean is that all beers are mostly consumed in a rather small area around the brewery, some only within the country. There are beers in my home country that I’ve never seen or heard of, tried.

1 Like

Taiwan beer certainly is global. Just not as a brand. If you wonder why they tend not to sell local better beers its cause they sell the recipes to foreign companies. They had a pretty decent dark beer maybe 10 yeara back. Lasted half a year. Then sold it off to another company. They do that a lot. As well as OEM. It is so much easier than branding internationally and makes a giod buck.

1 Like

Taiwan’s beers might not be the bestbin the world, but worst in Asia is simply not true. Have you tasted Korean beer?

5 Likes

I didn’t find OB worse than Taiwan Beer. Well, just the name (same as feminine hygiene product).

I also do not like Korean beer. My mom likes it and drinks it whenever we go to Korea.

My mate visited North Korea and says that the beer is outstanding.

1 Like

NK can probably make good brews with their water being very clean in many places because it’s not developed.

I also heard you can just buy weed there and it’s not illegal.

Taiwan’s beer ain’t so bad. I like Taihu alright, especially their IPA.

1 Like

I wouldn’t risk it. The head injury that American guy copped for drunkenly taking down a poster.

Cass is not good by any measure, but it’s still better than Taiwan Gold Beer.

Plus, Korea’s craft brewing scene is more active than Taiwan’s.

You used to be able to get Taedong beer (names after the river going through Pyongyang) at some pubs in Seoul ten years ago. It was decent. Fun fact: Taedong is the only company allowed to advertise in NK.

2 Likes

Korean beer is the pits. Definitely the worst. Prob NK makes better beer than SK!

2 Likes

Cass = Ass

4 Likes

God it’s bad beer.

Oh, and Hite = Shite

South Korea just setting themselves up for these layups.

3 Likes

OB quiet or they will be in here getting all angry as usual.:grinning:

2 Likes