It's cold and it s*cks!

First really colder day, humid … not used to it anymore.

I love it!

Got a 1300W fan heater from Ai Mai for $800; it’s running now, doing wonders. :slight_smile:

Love it as well. No shortage of Ubikes anymore. :discodance:

Any snow yet?

Hot springs all day for me! Only way to get through a day like today.

Up on Yushan, yup!:

[quote]Snow fell on Yushan, the highest mountain in Taiwan, early Tuesday as a cold front with abundant moisture hovered over the island, the Central Weather Bureau said.

The mountain began to see light snow at 6:20 a.m., and the flurries lasted for more than two hours, leaving behind an accumulation of 1.2 centimeters of snow, the bureau said.

As the weather pattern continues, more snow is likely on the mountain over the next few days, it added.[/quote]

I miss the days when there was snow on Yangmingshan…

All day? What type of hot springs? Ones rent by the hour, pay by the day (like Tien Lai), hotel with them included, or the wild ones?

I miss the lava.

The Donner party. Dining outdoors with friends and family. Those were the days.

“I thought all foreigners don’t mind the cold.” You’re lucky my hands are my in pockets seeking warmth because pyherwise they might be around your throat.

I miss the lava.[/quote]

Lava I don’t mind. ashes, on the other hand, are a biggie.

First year I was here there was snow in Yangmingshan. It was like 3 or 4 degrees in Taipei. I lived in a converted balcony on a sixth floor, windows all around me. Almost grilled myself to death when the heater clashed against my covers and took fire.

All day? What type of hot springs? Ones rent by the hour, pay by the day (like Tien Lai), hotel with them included, or the wild ones?[/quote]

The ones I go to are 190, no time limit, and nothing wild :wink: Just me n a bunch of older Taiwanese people with pruny skin. :popcorn:
Usually I go to the nudey ones which are only like 50 nt but I was with my guy and we didn’t want to be separated.

Weird. I wore a trench coat and a borsalino while walking through town enjoying the cool yesterday. (I even took the inner coat out of the trench).

Loved it, was kept warm and dry. Shirtsleeves in both office and flat.

[quote=“Mr He”]Weird. I wore a trench coat and a borsalino while walking through town enjoying the cool yesterday. (I even took the inner coat out of the trench).

Loved it, was kept warm and dry. Shirtsleeves in both office and flat.[/quote]

You’re Danish, Danes almost live near the northpole :smiley:

I miss the lava.[/quote]
Ha. OK, you win.

[quote=“Belgian Pie”][quote=“Mr He”]Weird. I wore a trench coat and a borsalino while walking through town enjoying the cool yesterday. (I even took the inner coat out of the trench).

Loved it, was kept warm and dry. Shirtsleeves in both office and flat.[/quote]

You’re Danish, Danes almost live near the northpole :smiley:[/quote]
Well the latitude of Belgium and Denmark is not that different lol.

Anyway, unfortunately the low temperature only lasts for like a week. I wish we had more cold days here. :frowning:

I’m loving the cooler weather, much more pleasant to me.

It is pleasant to a certain point. I got the heater out and reminded myself why I wanted a TV set in my room: friggin drafty living room is a freezer at 12 to 8 degrees.

My pets have the right idea: hide beneath the covers.