It's cold and it s*cks!

I’m getting more love from my cats than I have in months. In summer, they would find cooler tiles or plastic to sit on, but now that it’s cold they like to sleep on top of me. I’m not complaining (but my wife is).

Mine do the same. You can tell how cold it is by how many cats on top. If they dig under the covers, it is way too cold.

Americans measure temperature in Fahrenheit while the rest of the world uses Celsius. Me? I use Cat.

Yeah, terribly cold. I think that today we had to suffer at least 25º in the north east coast. All those pullovers and jackets (in the bag)… terrible. :smiley:

How was the drive to work this morning? :smiley: Sorry, I am being mean, I really feel for you guys on motorcycles/scooters in the rain and cold.

On the MRT, we are sardines, but we are warm.

Wearing a thermal, windproof shell top, Goretex jacket for the outdoors, water and windproof pants, thermal socks, snow boots. Cozy.

Yup. Dressing correctly is the key here. And also warming up from within, with your preferred choice of hot beverages! :slight_smile:

Guy

[quote=“afterspivak”]Yup. Dressing correctly is the key here. And also warming up from within, with your preferred choice of hot beverages! :slight_smile:

Guy[/quote]

Isn’t it sad, though, to dress up as an artic explorer when you are only going to work?

Better than freezing your ass off. When in Rome…

Guy

[quote=“afterspivak”]Better than freezing your ass off. When in Rome…

Guy[/quote]

When in Rome does not apply. Heck if I am wearing plastic slippers over bare feet in this friggin cold!

:laughing:

Be warned: with plastic slippers, no amount of nice hot beverages will help!

Subtropical my ass… :bluemad:

Guy

My parrots snuggle up to me for warmth, but unfortunately having them sleep with me isn’t logistically possible.

[quote=“Icon”]
How was the drive to work this morning? :smiley: Sorry, I am being mean, I really feel for you guys on motorcycles/scooters in the rain and cold.

On the MRT, we are sardines, but we are warm.

Wearing a thermal, windproof shell top, Goretex jacket for the outdoors, water and windproof pants, thermal socks, snow boots. Cozy.[/quote]

Today it was perfectly fine, only because the rain was very light. Indeed, I didn’t even turn on the grip heaters (yeah, my bike can warm up the grips! awesome :smiley:).

Traffic was horrible though :stuck_out_tongue:

I walked over to Carrefour on Saturday in shorts and a t-shirt. A bit chilly with the strong wind, but my core was warm. Got into the store and was surrounded by people in Arctic weather gear.

I’m from the desert, so I love the cold. Love it. It’s not cold enough for me yet. I prefer 5-8 degrees, central heating set to 23 degrees, sleeping in sweatpants and a t-shirt with covers off. Best time of the year!

It’s one of those days … inside colder than outside.
… and yesterday there was this waiguoren in t-shirt while everyone else was dressed for a tour to the southpole … He was probably Canadian or from Alaska.

I wonder if that was me, spent yesterday and today in shorts and t-shirt.

I’m loving the drop in temperature

[quote=“res”]I wonder if that was me, spent yesterday and today in shorts and t-shirt.

I’m loving the drop in temperature[/quote]

If it was you and your ‘girlfriend’ sitting on the MRT using a notebook computer … yeah, than it was you.

No notebook or mrt trips so not me

Tomorrow is gonna be fucking cold and I have to wake up before 7 AM. :raspberry:

Hello Taipei, goodbye blue sky.

I travel a lot, inside Taiwan and outside Taiwan. I’ve learned over time, and sadly cannot accept, that when landing in or driving into Taipei, just say “goodbye blue sky” and hold on until I can get out and get some real blue sky and sunshine.

Which also affects visibility. To all morning/dusk/night runner/bikers, remember to wear bright clothes and if possible, lights, and keep aware of your surroundings, meaning put down the friggin phone/unplug the earphones! Many scooter maniacs/blue truck loonies/assorted vehicular hazards around, in the darkness. Why in heavens name is it dark as 8pm at 5 pm?