J-Lin may have blown out his knee

This sure don’t look good…

rip

Yeah, mon…looks nasty

hope he’ll recover soon…

I guess Linsanity is now officially over (if it wasn’t already). I wonder if this bad juju related to his “culturally appropriated” dread-style…

Knee and ankle/feet injuries for taller guys are just devastating. Not good for a slasher point guard. Hopefully it’s just a sprang and he said I’m done because the game was pretty much over and he wanted to be careful.

But if it’s painful it’s maybe a dislocation or an Ligament tear that makes a pop sound and be heard that. Other injuries, I had major but not complete tear in my knee ligaments and I had no idea and it didn’t really hurt until the next day.

I was cringing watching that clip because he was moving so fast before he went down, all I could think about was the momentum and how friggin hard he was going to hit.
Hope you’re right and it’s nothing too severe.

Horrible first few days of NBA, Hayward and now Lin.

This sucks. I’m actually doing a physcio rehab for my knee and ankle injuries in a few hours. It’s been over 3 years and I’m still struggling to be 100% even for daily activities let alone a 82 game season with practice. I’ve gone to like 5-6 or so physcios within this time span.

And I’ve had to pretty much let basketball go, besides some casual playing I just lost so much explosive and jumping abilities. But I also was stupid and ignored my injuries thinking I’ll be fine.

But at least he has a Harvard degree to fall back on and signed huge contracts. I think he’s 29? To me honest, if you can play to 3-32. That’s a successful career. Especially at the guard position that’s the most competitive.

At least he didnt snap his foot clean off

1 Like

“Linsanity” has been over in the US since about a month after it started.

For sure. But, like a case of herpes, it’s never really gone away here in Taiwan. He gets a hero’s welcome every time he “comes back.”

2 Likes

The way J.Lin clutched his knee and the look on this face. He knew something was majorly wrong the moment he landed. And why was he allowed to walk off the court on his hurt knee after the injury???

Unless it’s a spinal injury or a player just can’t in the NBA. They usually just walk off instead of a stretcher.

Kobe tore his Achilles and still didn’t want to come off and before shooting his free throws and walked off.

Hopefully it’s just a sprang. But if it’s a complete tear. Sorry to say this might be it for Jeremy and he should think about life after basketball. He’s got this year and next year left on his contract. So he’s got 24million from this and next year guaranteed. But how many teams will want a damaged guard at a very competitive position at 31 after his contract runs out.

He’s a top 30 pg for sure. But knee tears are lifelong injuries. Especially for a big guy like Jeremy. I know people forget he’s 6’3 200lbs standing next to NBA players. But I can literally feel the pain in my knees when I go over 200-205lbs. That’s about as much as my knee can take just walking around.

NBA players rarely play past 31-32. Those that do are usually all stars or players that are much taller. Many 6-6’4 players that can play. Not many 7 footers in the world in general. And for a slasher type guard like a d rose. Look at him, d rose was the best player in the league named MVP. After his knee injury he’s just fighting for a starting spot on any team. And jeremey as good as he is isn’t as athletic as d rose. And they’re the about th same age.

Fuckin knees will end you, man.
Worst product design ever.

Louis CK says you know you’re 40 when you stop saying right knee and left knee and start saying Good Knee and Bad Knee.

Heaven forbid you were ever a friggin Catcher, you’re past 50, you go back to Bad Right Knee and Bad Left Knee.

1 Like

Yeah. Jeremy is smart and has a lot going for him. Most athletes are willing to sacrifice their bodies down the line for millions now to put food on the table for years down the road. He can certainly try and grind it out and fight back. I know he wil for at least this year and next or he loses 24million. But he doesn’t need to compare to guys that could only play sports.

But yeah, catchers have a rough time and are notorious for having issue especially after they retire. Even some have nerve damage on their fingers. Not really much padding for someone catching 90+mph fast balls all day long. You look at any athlete down the line that played professionally and for a long time. They have a lot of pains and problems.

Turns out to be the worst scenario.
“Brooklyn Nets guard Jeremy Lin has been diagnosed with a ruptured patella tendon of the right knee. The injury occurred during the fourth quarter of last night’s game at Indiana. Lin is expected to miss the entire 2017-18 season.”