🇯🇵 Japan | Tokyo Restaurant Recommendations

Hi im going to Tokyo for the first time. We’ll be switching hotels a few times (as a way to save money since we’ll be there through two big holidays). Anyway I was wondering if people would be willing to share Restaurant recommendations? I’ll be staying near Tokyo tower, Akihabara, Chiba (at the tail end of the trip) and two nights in fujioshida. Also if you have any recommendations for things to do outside touristy things (already planning on doing some of those), I’m all ears.

Thanks in advance!

If you ever not sure where to eat and just want a nice reasonably priced Japanese comfort food meal with understandable menus then always look for the chain called Ootoya. They are also in Taiwan if haven’t tried them and want to.

Ootoya Roppongi Shop

Ootoya Aki

1 Like

Can you be more specific? I know it sounds odd question but Tokyo Tower itself is like in a kind of quiet housing neighborhood so which side or by what station?

1 Like

Sorry I haven’t been to Tokyo before. I looked it up and the closest station is Shiba Koen Station. It’s near a park

Yeah my wife loves that restaurant so we’ve definitely had it before here. Good recommendation

Chiba, I’ve always wanted to ride the hanging monorail.

1 Like

If you join the club its ¥17,000(SEIBU PRINCE CLUB会員)/or standard price is¥20,000
Inside Koen (Park in English) this is good:
https://www.princehotels.co.jp/parktower/plan/shibazakura/christmas_2022/

In the Prince Hotel, not sure its your hotel? It has bigger rooms by Tokyo standards nice hotel in the park and nice places to eat.

Ootoya is good if you do not speak Japanese, they have multilingual e-pads to order from.

2 Likes

There’s Taco Bell in Tokyo!

Also, Makimura is excellent.

2 Likes

haha, Taco Bell has a local menu! But for fast food here is better (Hambao) in that zone

1 Like

Unfortunately prince hotel was too expensive. I’ll be at the Celestine instead. (Prices for prince jumped up before I could book)

I thought that was exclusive to Osaka dontenburi

You’re probably not looking for this in Tokyo, but this is some of the best Indian food I’ve ever had outside India, and way better than anything I’ve had in Taiwan:

ボンベイ シジラーズ BOMBAY SIZZLERS
+81 3-6665-6865

ボンベイ シジラーズ BOMBAY SIZZLERS - Google Search

They have pretty reasonably priced meal sets. Their Naans and Paneer dishes are pretty great. Ambience is a tier above the price.

2 Likes

Is this in that little India area? I love indian food

1 Like

Nope, it’s near Tokyo Station. About 10 minute walk.

1 Like

Cool thanks for the recommendation

1 Like

The streets near here Ginza and beside/under the train tracks have lots of little interesting restaurants. Walk between Godzilla and this Hub you’ll pass a lot of places. Kind of a eating snacking drinking area.

Godzilla Statue

HUB Ginza Corridor
+81 3-3289-8733

There’s even a Wendy’s ha

1 Like

Thanks!

By the way, I heard Taipei used to have Wendys as well, once upon a time

I SECOND THIS.

There is no “Little India” in Tokyo as far as I can tell. But there are high quality and reasonably priced places in almost all the business districts and even in some residential areas. One centrally located shop is the excellent Dhaba India which has superb value lunch specials on weekdays. It’s steps from Kyobashi Station on the Ginza Line and also easily accessible from Tokyo Station from the Yaesu exits. The only mistake you can make with this shop is not to try it!

Caveat: I have not been in Japan since before the pandemic hit, so I am unsure how places such as Dhaba have fared during the restrictions. They are somehow now on the Michelin Bib Gourmant list (rightly so in my view), so it seems they have weathered the storm.

Guy

1 Like

I heard Dhaba’s quality deteriorated a lot recently. Having said that, I still wanted to try it out myself. The two times I passed by I noticed a huge queue outside, so I decided to go to Bombay Sizzlers instead. Was incredibly satisfied with what I got at Bombay though.

(My trip was a month ago)

1 Like

Curious if there south Indian options?