Jay Chou's Mr J Restaurant at Taipei Medical University to close

Didn’t even know this was there. The one at Huashan closed a few years ago.

Wait, the superstar who probably has millions in his pocket can’t afford to set aside some 6 months of rent until things get better? Did they not have a contingency fund?

How are these restaurants dropping like flies? We don’t even have a lockdown. It sounds like they weren’t managed very well or were breaking even before this thing started.

Another Tango42 topic saved!

4 Likes

I used to live right above a Jay Chou owned shop…long since closed. Sort of was an antique store.

While open almost every night girls would gather on the street in front of the store to take pictures of themselves at the store. While on my sofa I would notice the flash from the cameras and their giggling.

I’m unexpectedly feeling sexually stimulated.

5 Likes

It’s almost certainly not managed by him directly.

Uncle Ganbei owns a license to his name for use with restaurants.

3 Likes

Jay has been sucking on the Chinese teat for so long that locals have lost interest in him.

6 Likes

TMI, dude. TMI.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Just asked one of my friends here about this restaurant, the response I got is that Jay is a CCP asslicking asshole🤣

11 Likes

Yep. That about sums it up. :grin:

1 Like

Also, a supposed “French-Italian” fusion restaurant run by a Taiwanese pretty boy? HARD pass!

6 Likes

WTF? they serve pizza, i guess. France’s most prolific restaurant style is cheap pizza. followed by kebab, and McDonalds.

3 Likes

I tried the one at Huashan once. A lot of money was put into the European decor, which felt cold and uninviting, while the food was extremely expensive and just meh in my opinion. There was a batmobile in the restaurant if I remember correctly, weirdly out of place but I guess you were paying for the photo op, as per Taiwan.

2 Likes

I’d say most of these celebrity endorsed restaurants are either fake or they pay the celebrity for the endorsement.

And I’d say they were badly managed to begin with…

2 Likes

If you’ve got a loser of a business, good time to shut it and blame it on Covid 19 and save a bit of, dare I say it, face.

2 Likes

The batmobile is now in Kaohsiung sitting outside JCAFE
No. 6, Zhonghua 3rd Road

1 Like

I pass it regularly. Taken more than a few pics with it.

Don’t tell me JCAFE is run by this idiot as well?

1 Like

Yes he is unashamedly Chinese now

You don’t know who Jay chou is?

2 Likes

No. Does that make me lucky?

I also found out about the Kardashians like 3 years after everyone else.

2 Likes