JD's Excellent Adventure (2020 edition)

Ha. I can assure you, we are eating most not western food.

In a great B&B right on the cliff overlooking the ocean now. Awaiting the sunrise.

1 Like

Here’s the Mandarin translation.

1 Like

Busy day: Taitung sunrise from our B&B at at mile marker 119.

Then to the hump bridge:

Then up the hill to the plateau of famous rice…truly spectacular.

5 Likes

In Hualien? Go on. We are going to go back that way and see more stuff.

https://goo.gl/maps/wr1x3XuSsZ6BvMr86

Good place, owner is nice. Martin Scorsese liked it as you will find out if you talk to the owner :slight_smile:

I found that place just so so. It shares the intersection with Dos Tacos and Africa (the Ivory Coast place).

I liked it so much I went back!

1 Like

Back to Hualien tonight from Taitung.
We love Chenggong…

Tropic of Cancer:

Shopping with wives in Hualien:

Found a shop with Aboriginal beers on tap. Hell yeah

Night market…something I never do, but did tonight:

The next stage of this voyage is Vinyl Decision in Taipei Sunday evening…5PMish.

Be there or be square you people I want to meet…ahem @Icon . Clock is ticking.

1 Like

I’m planning on it.

Chenggong? Yeah, cool harbor town. Is that a hint you’d ever live there, ha ha.
What was the farthest south you got on Route 11?

That Ma La Sun beer… one day a few years ago, I happened upon it being served at a stand at those weekend food/drink/goods festivals at the Flower Park by Yuanshan MRT station.
Yes, was shocked to see it and imbibed in a few on the spot. :beers:

Must be fun for other things, but not for shopping.

Nothing impossible. :wink:

Nope. We took the hill roads down to Taitung and did a drive through. MOst everything was closed for the afternoon, food wise, so we headed back north to eat bc starving.

Yeah, we finessed our way with the help of my wife into getting free mugs. :banana:

Depends on the people and the decades of marriage between them. We all had fun.

1 Like

Yo, JD, thanks for the travelogue. Reminds me and the wife it’s time to take a trip down south and unwind. Did you ever find a decent seafood restaurant in Chenggong?

Oh yeah. Fresh off the boat sashimi, fried oysters, Taiwan beer and some unmentionables that I wouldn’t touch. :+1:

And yer too kind. Not much of a travelogue. lol

My old dive trip posts were pages long. I’m too tired at night these days, and we’re like out the door again so there’s no catching up in the AM either.

If you’re in Taipei, come over to VD Sunday and you can live through the adventure irl. I mean, no pressure, but Monday is my birthday! :whistle:

Happy bday! :beers:

not so fast. I have to make it through the damn tunnels today!

2 Likes

Happy birthday then, you. I normally (except during pandemics) only spend three or four months a year here in Taiwan so don’t get out to foreigner dives much at all so – what is VD’s? Might make it if the wife doesn’t have other plans.

are you going to throw a big party with free beer for everyone?

1 Like

Will that get you out and about? :wink:

Vinyl Decision…a record bar in Taipei. I will be there being square around 5 until a taxi takes me back to my hotel.

Today…if you missed it in the other thread I started and posted in thinking it was this thread:

1 Like