JD's Excellent Adventure (2020 edition)

I guess you know Allstar just a drinking bar.

Are YOU asking me out? :blush:

BTW, I drink about two beers, talk a lot, ask a bunch of questions and then go home. Not much of a party guy.

For you folks I don’t know irl. No psycho, I promise. Be nice if someone backed me up here. :praying: :laughing:

1 Like

I lived 18 years mostly up north. I know nada about this area or Taitung, where I’ll be tomorrow through friday.

I’m having dinner and drinks at Arkansas Diner.

3 Likes

Is that Landis’ place?

Landis is from Arkansas but has been living in Taiwan for quite some time. He’s finally opened up his place in tribute to his home state.

Ha. It is.

Tell him JD says hi. we dove a couple of times I think, and saw his band with Ian more than a couple of times. I’m glad he’s doing so well!

So I guess you’re not interested in the 24-hour KTV.

If it’s cheaper than a hotel, I guess I could sleep there…but I have a real nice B&B , so I will have to pass.

I can vouch that @jdsmith is a good lad.

1 Like

Have you cashed in your free mojito chit yet?

1 Like

Not yet. I rarely get to leave the house, but I might pop over there one weekday afternoon.

Well, I hope you can break away for a beer with me at the Hop In b4 I had home. That place I lurve.

Have a good time. I’m up north but head to Hualien often. Cheers. I am about ready to pour a drink.

1 Like

OK, Imma do this in Taipei this Sunday and Monday and then back to Taoyuan. Hope you can make one of them. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Family commitments make it difficult for me to get out after sunset, but I shall give it the good old college try.

Last night in Hualien, went back to Salt Lick and was surprisingly hungry

Had a great chat with a taxi driver who delivered orchids in NYC for three months.

5 Likes

Last morning in Hualien.

Heading to Taitung:

Vintage TV set up at a fish in every dish restaurant just north of Taitung.

1 Like

I thought this discussion was about Hualien? Now totally different? Changing thread titles is not always a good thing.

So confused :crazy_face:

How about “Four nights in Hualien and Taitung”?

Haven’t gone to Hualien for a while… and I used to go one or two times per year.

You guys seem to be too Western food oriented. I loved having Japanese barbecue and seafood in Hualien, usually the same one or two restaurants. I kind of miss it…

There’s a really good Thai place too, nothing in Taipei like it.

If it’s seafood you’re after, down towards Taidong, Chenggong is off the charts…very fresh. The fishermen come in with the daily catch and you can buy right there or there’s good restaurants too.