JFRV expires in a few weeks, just had argument with wife

Mordeth, I would apply for the APRC in Taoyuan, and if denied, appeal. 11 years in country with a few weeks out of country puts you in a good position for what judges call “equitable relief”.

Yes, the applicant has a two year window to file their application. The two year period runs from the end of the period they are claiming as their qualifying period.

Yes, the applicant has a two year window to file their application. The two year period runs from the end of the period they are claiming as their qualifying period.[/quote]

In English please? And how does this apply to me?

And thanks all of your for your caring and support. My wife has started to calm down. So think I’ll be ok for this JFRV…but none the less…I need to get myself out from under her as soon as I can. So the info you are giving me about the APRC is very important to me. Once I have that then she can’t use divorce against me.

Yes, the applicant has a two year window to file their application. The two year period runs from the end of the period they are claiming as their qualifying period.[/quote]

In English please? And how does this apply to me?
[/quote]

It means that say by January 2008 you had fulfilled the five-year residency requirement (or even spent longer than five years - it doesn’t matter) but then in 2008 you went elsewhere for some time and lost your residency. This year, you came back and you got an ARC again and you’re working or whatever. Since your current period of residency is not long enough for an APRC, you can choose your residency period for the APRC application to be the period ending in January 2008, and you are allowed to do this up until January of 2010.

I think the easiest for moredeath would be to find a job with ARC attached at first. That would solve his most important problem, which is that he’s dependent on his wife for his stay here.

When it comes to advice regarding the marriage, I would follow the maoman approach given what he did to bring her ire down over him. Once the relationship is more or less repaired, I would calmly try to communicate concerns regarding how household chores are shared to her.

Many younger Taiwanese women are carried on the hands of their parents until they marry. Once they marry - if they marry a Taiwanese, they will get a rather rude awakening in that regard by their mother in law. If they marry someone without a tough old mother to get the harsh realities of life knocked into them, then the husband has to slowly get them sorted. Note that the mother of the wife is someone it is important to communicate with. I have done so, and with good results when it came to sharing household chores, however my MIL’s initial response was to come here and do the chores herself!

In general, having her see me coming home completely worn out at 10 PM tends to work better than me asking her why I am returning to a rather messy house.

I would think that if you take a spoiled but goodhearted Taiwanese lass straight out of her mummy’s arms, expect her only to mature after 2-3 years.

Happens in every country not just Taiwan where women use the children as weapons. There are many fathers worldwide who do now know where there kids are when the ex has absonded with them. Woman are nasty pieces of work when it comes to lying and treachery. men being the weak dimwits they are… fail to act in time. They know the shits gonna hit the fan…

Run Mordeth Run

Some foreingers married here do not have university degrees… so therefor the ARC option is not possible should they get divorced.
I know many foreigners who teach but have Marriage based ARC’s and no degrees. I advise them all to get the APRC because even if divorce doesnt end a marriage a sudden unexpected death can.

If you really plan on staying and are going to live here, go the citizenship route. Because then you an always leave for a few years and still be able to come back.

Happens in every country not just Taiwan where women use the children as weapons. There are many fathers worldwide who do now know where there kids are when the ex has absonded with them. Woman are nasty pieces of work when it comes to lying and treachery. men being the weak dimwits they are… fail to act in time. They know the shits gonna hit the fan…

Run Mordeth Run

Some foreingers married here do not have university degrees… so therefor the ARC option is not possible should they get divorced.
I know many foreigners who teach but have Marriage based ARC’s and no degrees. I advise them all to get the APRC because even if divorce doesnt end a marriage a sudden unexpected death can.

If you really plan on staying and are going to live here, go the citizenship route. Because then you an always leave for a few years and still be able to come back.[/quote]

I renewed my JFRV. You guys were right. It was easy and they didn’t even ask where my wife was. As easy as going in filling out a half a page form and giving them a picture and the house registration thing.

My wife has calmed down a bit. She finally explained why she’s been so hurtful recently. She feels I’m not affectionate enough and that I spend too much time working. So…with her brilliant female logic…each time she feels she isn’t getting enough love…she yells at me and treats me like shit :loco: .

Gotta tell her and show her the love every single day dude. Most women need that daily assurance. Or at least they like hearing it :slight_smile:

YOu spend a lot of time on youtube and with the dogs. The woman feels neglected.

[quote=“Mordeth”]

My wife has calmed down a bit. She finally explained why she’s been so hurtful recently. She feels I’m not affectionate enough and that I spend too much time working. So…with her brilliant female logic…each time she feels she isn’t getting enough love…she yells at me and treats me like shit :loco: .[/quote]

That’s par for the course. It is however a tad immature, as she’s depending on your income, however if you make sure that she sees for herself what effort you are putting in, it should help.

Were I you, I would still take over the finances … but it’s your money.

I don’t think I would ever go the JVRC…JRCV whatever route, because yes, I do love Taiwan and would hate to have that in someone else’s hands. Why don’t you go and talk to someone at the APRC office, explain your situation…11 years is a long time…you have a child here…maybe they will be able to tell you if you can have some special case.

just don’t go with your riding gear.