Job hunting on 104.com.tw

I am currently job hunting on 104.com.tw and it seems that the vast majority of jobs which are suitable for a Chinese speaking foreigner are either in international sales or trading companies. Does this pretty much sum it up? I have read a good blog here about working for a local company:

mykafkaesquelife.blogspot.tw/201 … aiwan.html

I understand that the salaries will be a lot lower than English teaching however I want to get some real Taiwanese working experience rather than just teaching English.

I have open work rights on a marriage visa and pretty solid work experience from before I came to Taiwan.

Thanks

Yeah I read that before it seemed correct. You can earn relatively well in sales but it might take some time that’s all. Initially you may be on less than an English teacher unless in electronics or a big company.

English teacher wages seem to be quite different from case to case… could you guys give a bit more of detail on the amounts you are talking about? Thanks.

There are also jobs in editing, advertising, and translation if your Chinese is up to it.

As a translator, I have that damn site blocked. It always pops up when I Google company names. When I Google a company’s name, I want the company’s official website to appear (ideally first) so I can find its official (if such a thing exists) English name. But 104 and other recruitment sites and content farms obscure the search results. Grrr.

OK, rant over. Back to the topic…

I have used 104 to find 3 jobs (including my current one), It depends again on your major and what you are looking for, I graduated from a Taiwanese University , Hence, It is a bit easier for me. My major was Computer Science so I always look towards stuff such as software. Chinese is not mandatory, But trust me, If you want to work longer and make sure you are treated as a part of the company, You must speak (at least try to) Mandarin.

The salaries are not as high as english teaching, For else, It depends on experience and highest degree ,For Bachelor it is something like 30-33K, While for master You can start at nearly 40K, With 1.-2 years experience+Chinese Skill, You can demand nearly 50-55K.

Milkybar you’re still going at it! You’ve been searching for a while, judging by your previous posts.

Do hope you can find something soon.

Found both my Jobs in Taiwan on 104. High level creative positions.

As a person who tried to help a friend looking for job here, I can tell you finding a none English teacher job in Taiwan isn’t easy at all. Your best chance is to go with BIG company, else wise Taiwanese medium-sized company doesn’t like to hire foreigner for their Chinese isn’t good enough to process company internal procure and apply working permit for them is very annoyed. I already saw my company turn down like 4-5 in the past few months.

Hi.

For me, 104.com.tw sucks! I have already more than 200+ application, but only 2 of them replied (but unfortunately, they rejected my application for my qualifications are unfit to what they’re looking for). It’s ok to read their ‘rejection’ response, at least I know that their job posts aren’t bogus. Until now, I’m still keep an eye in looking job in this job bank site. Patience is a virtue, hehehe. :notworthy:

By the way, I’m Civil Engineer, fluent in English, late 20s, 5 yrs professional experience in design & construction in Philippines, Dubai (UAE), & Hawaii (USA) projects, and married to Taiwanese (I just got my renewed ARC). :unamused:

[quote=“Oble17”]Hi.

For me, 104.com.tw sucks! I have already more than 200+ application, but only 2 of them replied (but unfortunately, they rejected my application for my qualifications are unfit to what they’re looking for). It’s ok to read their ‘rejection’ response, at least I know that their job posts aren’t bogus. Until now, I’m still keep an eye in looking job in this job bank site. Patience is a virtue, hehehe. :notworthy:

By the way, I’m Civil Engineer, fluent in English, late 20s, 5 yrs professional experience in design & construction in Philippines, Dubai (UAE), & Hawaii (USA) projects, and married to Taiwanese (I just got my renewed ARC). :unamused:[/quote]

Some of the job hunting web sites to be considered:
www.104.com.tw
www.1111.com.tw
www.adecco.com.tw

Find something that using english as work title, say “CONSTRUCTION” for your case.
The chance are slim, but it’s there mate…

1 Like

I avoid 104 because every single job I have managed to get through that site consistently sucked. Maybe it’s just Taiwan but I have a feeling companies do not advertise good positions through 104. In fact I heard companies do not advertise good positions at all (it is given through networking).

1 Like

Has anybody been able register on 104 with an ARC number? You can click on passport number but it won’t accept it.

I’d like to know about this, too.
I opened a 104 account a couple of years ago (using my passport number, I think).
Then they changed something, and I could no longer log in. I emailed them several times about this…I gave up waiting for a reply years ago.

How did you get your job then? Care to share it with us? I think there are a lot of people desperately trying to get a job from that site.

Hello! I just wanted to share my experience with 104.com.

I’ve been in Taiwan for about 5 years now. I worked two years at my first job, two years at my second job, then I worked as a freelance translator for about 10 months (decided it ain’t for me and started to look for a full-time job 3 month ago), and I received a job offer this morning which I am going to accept.

All three jobs I found were through 104.com, but all of them were initiated by the companies (they contacted me first via email). I sent out more than 50 resumes on my own, but most of them were not even looked at. You can see the status of your application, and most of them just stayed at “已送出” instead of “已讀取” since the day they were sent out. I think most job posts on there are old/outdated and the companies just never bothered to take them down once they found someone.

In conclusion, 104.com definitely works, but instead of just looking through the job posts on there, you can improve your chances by making your resume better and waiting for companies to get in touch with you.

This has been my experience. I hope it is somewhat helpful.

3 Likes

How are you guys signing up?

A different page for foreigner signups maybe?

I registered using my Taiwan ID.
*How about linkedln?

You mean like national ID or ARC?

I can’t signup with my ARC ID number.

A job I want to apply for is only on 104.