Job satisfaction

3 Likes

That’s odd I thought everyone was overworked and underpaid and miserable in their job in Taiwan. :ponder:

1 Like

Most of the time if someone says “everyone x” they’re probably going to be wrong.

As for this survey, methodology matters and we don’t have anything to judge with except

targeted only Taiwanese employees signed up for the national labor insurance scheme.

The MOL did not provide a margin of error or a confidence level for the survey

I could explain more, but why?

2 Likes

I seem to recall surveys taken around this time of year as always revealing a very good percentage wanting to switch jobs. 70% job satisfaction is very high. Satisfied but still wanting something better?

1 Like

The factor drawing the top satisfaction level was gender equality

That was following by… being comfortable with the friendliness of their colleagues

The lowest rated factor was pay

It looks like the survey was asking the wrong questions. There doesn’t seem to be anything about work level or hours at the office.

And you’ll note that the pay was the lowest rated factor.

I don’t think I know anyone who would say they are satisfied with their job, unless their boss is listening.

4 Likes

Conveniently absent from the reporting. Perhaps the Taiwanese government had solved job satisfaction statistics the same way the Chinese government fixed youth unemployment :laughing:

3 Likes

Probably. I don’t particularly mind my job but I am switching careers this year.

There is no why. Everyone is included in the national labor insurance scheme. Like more than 10 million.

And even if the margin of error is massive say 10%, that’s still 2/3.

It does.

Yeah and it’s still 76.8% satisfied.

1 Like

Oh, there are books and books on the subject, but why should I bother?

Yeah and you should read one.

I think the article is misleadingly titled. It implies that the question asked was “are you satisfied with your job?”, but it wasn’t. They seem to have asked about whether people are satisfied with various individual aspects of their job, and the article authors have then taken the lowest satisfaction rate for any of these aspects to mean overall job satisfaction rate. I don’t think those are equivalent.

Given that it’s an MOL survey, I’m surprised they didn’t ask the employers like usual.

Not all employees are or even need to be registered into labor insurance. I employ my wife as an official company “經理” and I am not required to enroll her in labor pension or labor insurance.

No it’s not.

Then it breaks down into individual aspects.

Because she is not an employee in that case.

That does not change the FACT that most people in the work force are insured.

So 1 in 4 are unsatisfied with their pay. Is that high or low compared to other countries, I wonder.

No it’s not what? What is not what?

Taiwan number one?

3 Likes

She is an employee, my company is just exempt from insuring her due to her type of employment.

It does seem oddly high. I thought it’s a given that pretty much everyone everywhere is disatisfied with their salary. I love my job, but I’d still like to be paid more.

1 Like

The article is not misleadingly titled. The survey does ask the question “are you satisfied with your job”, then there are more questions about the individual aspects. It’s all in the article.

Idk why y’all think “satisfied” means “happy”. It could be ambivalence. How many people really like thier job?

Managers and executives may not be employees by legal definition in Taiwan. It depends on the context.