Joe Biden: U.S. President

Well, our economies are very much intertwined, so…so what?

Because it’s not compulsory yet?
https://cdn-japantimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/p16-hoffman-sanity-nk-a-20180128.jpg

1 Like

What does this picture have do with phasing out cars that burn fossil fuels?

It was in response to your question why a government edict isn’t yet automatically treated as good news in America. Progress takes time.

Please show me where I asked that question? I was referring specifically to phasing out cars that burn fossil fuels. Check out the article JD posted above. There’s lots of specifics.

So again, not sure what your picture has to do with anything. Are we going post modernist today?

https://www.axios.com/white-house-police-oversight-commission-09ba519d-d9bc-486d-9351-81f0ba30d09e.html

Sher, because Congress legislates now. :roll:

Just

1 Like

I like to see Biden saying things like this:

‘Damn it … I’m sick and tired of ordinary people being fleeced’: Biden defends corporate tax hike - POLITICO

Damn it … I’m sick and tired of ordinary people being fleeced’: Biden defends corporate tax hike

The president slammed the Trump administration’s corporate tax cuts in a speech touting his infrastructure plan.

“I didn’t hear anybody hollering in this recovery, so-called, before I became president, this k-shaped recovery. … Where is the outrage there?” Biden said in a White House speech. “I’m not trying to punish anybody. But damn it, maybe it’s because I come from a middle-class neighborhood, I’m sick and tired of ordinary people being fleeced.”

Biden’s $2 trillion-plus infrastructure package includes funding for what is traditionally thought of as infrastructure — including money for things like roads and bridges — but also for broader, structural changes to the American economy. Biden’s plan would raise the corporate tax rate to help foot the bill. Corporations have largely opposed the plan, which comes after Biden signed a $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill into law in March.

MAGA type: “If I can’t roll coal on it in my 4x4 pick-up [that’s never been off-road] it ain’t infrastructure. Besides, electric cars will only help Chin- no way we could figure out how to build 'em.”

1 Like

Beijing Biden type: We can just stop fossil fuels, press a switch and all is well.
The US government will take the shortest cut possible.
A private company may figure it out in the US.
In the meantime rely on the CCP (again) for the components in the batteries, etc…

1 Like

Whew…well, wait a minute then. :doh:

https://archive.is/Yjep8#selection-875.2-887.269

was a blockbuster story about Russia’s return to the imperial “Great Game” in Afghanistan. The Kremlin had spread money around the longtime central Asian battlefield for militants to kill remaining U.S. forces. It sparked a massive outcry from Democrats and their #resistance amplifiers about the treasonous Russian puppet in the White House whose admiration for Vladimir Putin had endangered American troops.

But on Thursday, the Biden administration announced that U.S. intelligence only had “low to moderate” confidence in the story after all. Translated from the jargon of spyworld, that means the intelligence agencies have found the story is, at best, unproven—and possibly untrue.

“The United States intelligence community assesses with low to moderate confidence that Russian intelligence officers sought to encourage Taliban attacks on U.S. and coalition personnel in Afghanistan in 2019 and perhaps earlier,” a senior administration official said.

Hrmmmm:

Knee jerk imbecile or DNC operative? You decide.

3 Likes

Of course they know, as does the media.

CNN is being regularly exposed with insiders admitting they are propaganda and run narratives, I think the general public is becoming more aware of the influence campaigns.

2 Likes

Biden said in an interview a few months before the November election that he would not only not build “another foot of wall” but he would end those eminent domain cases, too.

“End. Stop. Done. Over. Not going to do it. Withdraw the lawsuits. We’re out. We’re not going to confiscate the land,” Biden told NPR in August.

But Biden’s administration has not withdrawn from Trump court cases to seize land for the wall. It has even conceded that the wall could continue to be built or modified.

The Department of Justice wrote last month in another eminent domain case that Biden’s proclamation “left open the possibility that some aspects of the project may resume.”

“At this time,” the department added, “the Secretary of Homeland Security has not shed light on the future of the border wall or the road project.”

1 Like

I might even pay to watch that.
Too bad Biden won’t do it.

I’d rather see Vladdy go head to head with Condi Rice.

1 Like

Or Powell, but he’s pretty old now.

How are ordinary people being fleeced because corporate taxes aren’t high enough? Translate please.

Does that mean taxes on ordinary people are going to be reduced now or just that they weren’t getting enough free stuff before Biden became president?

1 Like

Aren’t ordinary people who have 401ks and IRAs getting refleeced by all this fleecing anyway?

Because the money that doesn’t come in in taxes means cuts in education, policing, emergency services, training programs etc.

I don’t think the idea that taxes pay for things is hard to understand. Neither is the idea of affluent people avoiding their tax responsibility.

“Money that doesn’t come in in taxes” ≠ fleecing

Corporate tax rates not being high enough ≠ “affluent people avoiding their tax responsibility”