Joe Biden: U.S. President

Clearly when there is no gotcha moment to be had. The fact check, quotes, video all show that. Thanks for the input.

No it doesn’t, he clearly lied. It happens you know. Probably not a great idea in that situation. I’m not saying they should hang the guy or anything like that, maybe that wasn’t clear :slight_smile: Apparently any criticism of Fauci may possibly unleash a storm of unbalanced invective, thanks for clearing that up :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a high bar to criticize when not all information is known. This also ignores context. We still have a large percentage of the population that refuses to wear masks and uses this as some misguided justification! As I said, sometimes spending all the time and energy on the criticism and ignoring the context, can have serious consequences.

Refer back to the quotes, the fact check etc. He did not lie. Unless you mean he’s should’ve known what we know now. That’s silly. No need to rehash this. People can decide for themselves.

I don’t think it’s a context issue. I’m sure he was thinking exactly what he later said, and fudged for that reason. As it turned out that wasn’t a great idea because mask wearing makes sense and is desirable (not really a huge surprise, we’ve been over it enough on this forum certainly) and so he had to backtrack. There is a context that matters which is the ability of the public to openly debate statements made even by high public officials or the like, and that’s the main reason I brought it up. I like Fauci and have no problem with him overall. Hell, he went to my high school!

I don’t know why you keep saying I’m spending some kind of time or energy on it.

1 Like

Sure, like the facts about the border crossings. It’s not a crisis, it’s an opportunity. Now it’s not even on the nightly news. Must be problemo solved.

You rabid myopic energy focuser you.

1 Like

This is just a little post-dinner aperitif kind of thing.

1 Like

The biggest complaint I have about Fauci is that we had to see him on TV every bloody day as things got worse and worse and worse. His eye roll should have been the last appearance imo. Because the antiTrump media loved it and immediately started sowing their own mistrust.

FIFY

Clearly, in hindsight, one spokesperson served a more important purpose to society going through a pandemic than the other. :wink:

Yeah, don’t change my post. You may believe that, but I’m going to go with I was here in NY when it all started. wall to wall coverage.

This is a complete lie. You know that, but it helps you to keep your façade of being reasonable intact.

Do I now?:laughing:

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

1 Like

Whatever. Maybe you’re vastly uninformed. That quote was from the same presser where he was talking about that ultraviolet light technology…and any reasonable person would say he was thinking out loud.

Why get information from the horse’s mouth when you can get it from the stable mucker instead?

Why do we look toward political leaders expecting them to tell us how to properly behave? I mean, EYE don’t. But many seem to do. :idunno:

1 Like

Perhaps word vomit is probably not best suited for press conferences during a crisis. The consistent spreading of misinformation and undermining his own administration has lead to countless lives lost. Still to this day, there are people who would rather get hydroxychloroquine than a vaccine because of what he said. The magnitude of the fuck ups from the president himself is unprecedented.

That is not to say Fauci or the CDC or anyone else involved was above criticism. The rolling out covid tests would be one area I’d point to. But claiming someone lied because of what we know now in hindsight…thats a distraction.

1 Like

Oh…prove it. Link it.

I’ve said many times, Trump is a terrible public speaker especially when he’s off the cuff.

Sure. Agreed.

I don’t know about the Fauci lied trope and don’t push that boat. I do know about the Fauci incompetence which was right up there with Cuomo’s incompetence.

Post of the day! :clap:

The Daily Podcast May 10th

Rural Tennessee’s Vaccine Hesitancy - about a rural doctor convincing people to get the vaccine in the middle of Trump country. He goes through common questions with all patients including why cant I just take Hydroxychloroquine as a treatment.

Not sure if this link will work for you.

https://castbox.fm/va/463650

Some of which can have terrible consequences in a health crisis. And the constant refusal to wear a mask, undermining Fauci, promoting an unproven drug, holding super spreader events, having no plan but instead focusing on stock market, slow response, bungled vaccine rollout, amount to much more than speaking off the cuff. Seems as though the fuck up was deliberate.

I disagree and think his record over decades demonstrates that.

It does. Thanks. It’s a long read, but let’s not skirt over this bit in the beginning:

Communities like Greeneville and its surroundings — rural, overwhelmingly Republican, deeply Christian, 95 percent white — are on the radar of President Biden and American health officials, as efforts to vaccinate most of the U.S. population enters a critical phase. These are the places where polls show resistance to the vaccine is most entrenched. While campaigns aimed at convincing Black and Latino urban communities to set aside their vaccine mistrust have made striking gains, towns like these will also have to be convinced if the country is to achieve widespread immunity.

Do you carry the same level of antipathy towards those communities that you have for the “Trump supporters?” In NY now, Cuomo is giving away lottery tickets and free college tuition to people who get vaccinated. MANY urbanites, poor and I’ll go out on a limb and say uneducated, still refuse the vax. I volunteer at a food pantry and the clients have to stand outside as their orders are filled just because of that.

I will get to the rest of the article later. But I’m scanning and can’t see any mentions of hydrowhatever…

I’m using this link in incognito window:

Again, I scanned…where’s the hydroxy mentioned??

OK, shall we go back and look at his AIDS epidemic record as well?