Joe Biden: U.S. President

I’m not really interested much in what Dr Fauchi said, I think tempo summed up that one incident well, the news of the day was Biden cancelled the investigation into the theory it was accidently released by a lab and a significant portion of the intelligence community think it’s a credible theory.

You can see what happen next, the State Department got wind of the story (or CNN did and went running to the State dept) can’t have a bad news story for Biden. So the stenographers at CNN dutifully took down the Bidens State Departments side of the story, yes the Lab leak is considered a viable theory by some in the intelligence community, but this group was basically Trumps guys looking for a desired outcome and of course Biden comes out and says “lets redouble our efforts to learn the origins of the virus” damage control and getting ahead of the story.

By the time it gets over to @mups story, and I will leave here for reference to save scrolling. There is no mention of the actual story, just Biden coving his ass for just closing down the State departments investigation , swell guy looking into origin, open minded to consider lab leak. When he just did the opposite.

Then you wonder why people like me get annoyed at the media, they are not stupid they know all this too, they knowingly want to push an outcome and not report what is actually going on.

2 Likes

Same thing they did with the Wall. Close it all down. Make space from trump. And go back in and work on the Wall. In the interim, thousands of illegals got in.

The Democrats should be very worried about that. With such high approval on Covid, inheriting an amazing economy situation, inheriting a no-lose situation on Covid, and with near unanimous support from establishment media, he’s still at a very low approval rating. He should be in the high 60s at least.

I linked a podcast as I stated, not an article. The doctor discussed it starting around minute 20:58.

Where did you get that? My antipathy is towards Trump deliberately promoting misinformation for his own personal gain without consideration for the loss of life.

From your tone.

I will check out the podcast later. Thanks.

An amazing economy situation?? - Where did you get that? There are immense structural issues with the economy which still need to be addressed.

A no-lose situation on covid? I don’t know if you remember, but when the vaccines started in December it was a disaster. Biden had everything to do with the massive vaccine rollout and getting millions vaccinated every day on target. The economy depends on that but it’s far from assured.

I’ll keep my voice down. :wink:

1 Like

No it’s not that. It’s that–by his own admission–he pushed a false narrative for another purpose. What, did we learn something new about masks that countervails what he originally said? That’s silly.

2 Likes

What could possibly go wrong?

1 Like

lol, deflate the dollar and be hailed the hero for raising the minimum wage to 15 dollars an hour. when in reality given inflation it’s worth half as much. :rofl:

1 Like

nobody knows that, then or now.

the WHO started reporting in Jan 2020 that there were human-human transmissions. Here’s one example. But way to be on the forefront in Feb knowing that. ;D

1 Like

no we dont, maybe it was naturally formed and maybe it wasn’t. Why were people getting banned from social media for suggesting it might have been from a lab?

Yeah, it was pretty obvious human to human transmission was happening, why were WHO and the Chinese government claiming that wasn’t happening, pretty sure if we look back Dr Fuachi was claiming human to human transmission wasn’t possible because the WHO and China said so. While we watched videos that showed pretty much the opposite.

I don’t think so, that was very early on, surely some time in January right? I looked back in old news reports, I’m getting the feeling probably few people even knew who Fauci was at that point. This is one seemingly early report from him, but late Feb. already

Another about “a top US disease expert”, sounds pretty unknown at that point

Well well well.

1 Like

Yeah even very early on, checking Icon’s original thread from Dec 31 2019, seemed obvious to me there was human to human transmission before January.

Novel coronavirus cases reignite SARS fears - the epidemic mess foretold?

Here’s an article from Dec 31, 2019 which mentions SARS and SARS-like many times which we know is spread human to human, why would anyone have assumed anything less of the new pneumonia?..

2 Likes

Where do you see where they said it’s not happening? Was it at the very beginning when everyone was just exploring it? Or not at all?

Links from last Jan, pretty early on:
I literally showed you a link from 22 Jan last year where the WHO said it was happening.

Here’s one from 14 Jan where they say there’s no clear evidence, but it needs to be examined more.
https://www.who.int/csr/don/14-january-2020-novel-coronavirus-thailand-ex-china/en/

05 Jan they said there was no evidence of significant human - human transmission
https://www.who.int/csr/don/05-january-2020-pneumonia-of-unkown-cause-china/en/

I’m pretty sure that didn’t happen.

1 Like

This made my brain hurt at a couple of points from stupidity. Not sure if this is just a Yahoo byline or what. But, more to the point, I was under the impression the US had funded “gain of function” research in Wuhan and that it was generally accepted. It would certainly be better if we had not :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didn’t Bill Gates say that about Jeffery Epstein’s island?

1 Like

I was going to mention that as it’s hardly an inspiring quote, but the other things he said may well make it irrelevant.

And since this is the Biden thread and memories prove to be puzzlingly, but consistently poor, let’s take a look back at what Sleepy Joe had to say about covid, and Trump, in January of 2020. Let’s see how right he was…

The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president.

Accurate so far.

I remember how Trump sought to stoke fear and stigma during the 2014 Ebola epidemic.

This guy is good!

The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more.

Common sense shouldn’t get such high marks, but let’s consider the competition.

Trump has rolled back much of the progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security. He proposed draconian cuts to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for International Development — the very agencies we need to fight this outbreak and prevent future ones.

Seems to check out.

To be blunt, I am concerned that the Trump administration’s shortsighted policies have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic that will come sooner or later.

500k, meh, but how about Fauci?

As president, I will reassert U.S. leadership in global health security. My policies will always uphold science, not fiction or fearmongering

Thanks for no kung-flu and senile musings about bleach.

Maybe also time for a gentle reminder that he admitted to saying it, ‘sarcastically’. Even though ‘disinfectant’ and his phrasing could easily be interpreted as injecting bleach, (and was), I keep seeing that him inferring that is a lie.

Rather he admitted to saying it, and did not say anything about meaning ‘sunlight’, or some other random nonsense defense. :sweat_smile:

“I was asking a sarcastic and a very sarcastic question to the reporters in the room about disinfectant on the inside. But it does kill it and it would kill it on the hands, and it would make things much better.”

Sorry he’s not even sure if he was sarcastic or not. Truly a stable genius worth defending!