Joe Biden: U.S. President

I am impressed by the Bien supporters to put any spin on this they can, I think it’s obvious in context what he said, but trees for the forest, not going to get into that, you guys keep it up though.

The bigger picture, which has seen intelligence agencies leaking phone calls and brief’s to the press so they can set Biden up.

One event hasn’t been discussed, which was while the Taliban surrounded Kabul but before the President ran away, MSM was reporting the Afghan forces could probably keep Kabul for 3 months.

That was leaked intelligence too, what would you do if you were an Afghan army or President? Well, exactly what they did do, hardly seems wise to hang around for your inevitable demise.

That was Bidens plan though, seems the intelligence agencies thought it wasn’t the best plan.

1 Like

Just in case you’re referring to me (since your post immediately followed mine, and I didn’t express the obligatory hatred of Biden’s toenails), I voted for Trump in 2020 (I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016), and I haven’t voted for a Democrat for President since I voted for Bill Clinton in 1992.

1 Like

Well, you have your right to your interpretation, the whole thing feels too much like Bill Clinton arguing over what “is” is.

I think we might see the intelligence agencies leak some more, but then again opinion seems to be Biden screwed up so they might not bother.

Apologies for making assumptions.

1 Like

Isn’t there a pattern of the military/intelligence agencies trashing presidents who go against their narrative lately?

2 Likes

No problem, it’s understandable. It’s probably my fault. My piano only has a few keys, so I tend to overemphasize those.

1 Like

Nobody’s in charge:

Mr. Biden and his aides have insisted that the evacuation of Kabul after the Taliban seized the city on Aug. 15 was done as efficiently as possible. But State Department emails and documents from the Health and Human Services, Homeland Security and Defense Departments, as well as interviews with officials and refugee advocates, suggest otherwise.

The New Koch is here.

Statements like Ruger’s or Logan’s represent a success, of sorts, for Democrats, whose demonization of the Koch brothers nearly chased them out of politics. The Kochs’ decision to sit on the sidelines of the 2016 election, my colleague Tim Alberta and I reported at the time, was motivated in part by a desire to burnish their legacy after years of bad press. Although Koch allies vigorously disputed our report, there’s no question the past five years — which included the death of David Koch, the more partisan of the brothers, in 2019 — have seen the Koch network pare down a secretive, right-wing juggernaut focused on national politics and instead shift focus to a softer, more public-facing operation that champions bipartisan causes like criminal justice reform, as well as foreign policy “restraint.”

The effort began at universities, including Harvard, MIT and Notre Dame, where the Charles Koch Foundation funded programs — like the Notre Dame International Security Center — that play home to advocates for restraint. Over the past decade, the Koch Foundation has turned its focus to Washington, seeding scholars and programs at think tanks including the Atlantic Council and the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Since its founding in 2019, the Quincy Institute, funded by twin grants from Koch and the liberal billionaire George Soros, has become an institutional beachhead for those advocating for winding down American military commitments across the globe. Meanwhile, the Koch-funded group Americans For Prosperity ran an ad campaign in 2019 calling for an end to the war in Afghanistan.

I really don’t get the point in wanting to persuade America to less involved in European and Asian, politically or economically. Unless Europe thinks its learned its lesson and won’t do it again. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :idunno:

Biden is mandating companies with more than 100 employees in the USA get vaccinated otherwise the companies that do not comply will face fines

1 Like

The stupid has to stop. Get the friggin shot.

He can do that? Seems rather like the orders from a Dictator than the usual route laws normally would take before coming into effect.

Everyone spent 5 years calling that last guy a fascist dictator, I would love for someone to give an example of anything he did that comes close to being as fascist like dictator like as this command form Biden.

4 Likes

The vaccine mandate is the first time I’ve agreed with Biden.

They’ve had long enough to get the jab now. If they’re too stupid to bother, they need to be forced. I’ve seen the videos of them, screeching nonsense at the Florida board meeting, or laughing when a kid said he lost his grandparent to COVID. Thich as two short planks, the lot of them.

It’s amazing how the mainly Republic parents have such an uproar over wearing masks at schools, but don’t care about school shootings.

Biden is turning out to be everything they said Trump was.

4 Likes

Well, yeah, I don’t have a problem with the vaccine, but how do you force them? Is it ethical to force people to take a vaccine they don’t want and how do you reply to those who says doing so breaks the Nuremberg Code?

The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion; and should have sufficient knowledge and comprehension of the elements of the subject matter involved as to enable him to make an understanding and enlightened decision. This latter element requires that before the acceptance of an affirmative decision by the experimental subject there should be made known to him the nature, duration, and purpose of the experiment; the method and means by which it is to be conducted; all inconveniences and hazards reasonably to be expected; and the effects upon his health or person which may possibly come from his participation in the experiment. The duty and responsibility for ascertaining the quality of the consent rests upon each individual who initiates, directs, or engages in the experiment. It is a personal duty and responsibility which may not be delegated to another with impunity

It may be argued that the vaccines already went through trials, but I think they were granted under emergency orders and mRNA type have never been approved for public before so the long term affects are not known yet.

3 Likes

Imagine the outrage if Trump had signed an executive order mandating vaccines. The NYT would have probably run a campaign to prove that vaccines don’t work.

3 Likes

All the progressives would be screaming “No Trump, no KKK, no fascist USA!” and “My body, my choice!”

5 Likes

:yawning_face: Thank Mr. Washington for the first vaccine mandate.

On the 6th of January 1777, George Washington wrote to Dr. William Shippen Jr., ordering him to inoculate all of the forces that came through Philadelphia. He explained that: “Necessity not only authorizes but seems to require the measure, for should the disorder infect the Army . . . we should have more to dread from it, than from the Sword of the Enemy.” The urgency was real. Troops were scarce and encampments had turned into nomadic hospitals of festering disease, deterring further recruitment. Both Benedict Arnold and Benjamin Franklin, after surveying the havoc wreaked by Variola in the Canadian campaign, expressed fears that the virus would be the army’s ultimate downfall. (Fenn 2001,

https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/GW&smallpoxinoculation.html

When you join the military, you lose most of your civil liberties. Not exactly the same situation.

Also worth pointing out that smallpox was decimating the armed forces. The entire US military has lost only a handful of people to COVID, for very obvious reasons.

Same way people are forced to wear helmets on a motorbike or not smoke indoors or wear pants when in public or not be able to drink over 21 or not be able to drive when intoxicated.

A large chunk of America are too stupid to know what’s good for them. Just look at their counterarguments on videos on youtube at board meetings–they spout absolute twaddle. One woman refused to get a vaccine because she thought it made people magnetic …