Joe Biden: U.S. President

I can’t tell if this is good or bad for voter turnout. :thinking:

Funyuns!

“It’s long past time that we finally decriminalize marijuana,” Fetterman said in a statement on Monday. “The president needs to use his executive authority to begin descheduling marijuana, I would love to see him do this prior to his visit to Pittsburgh. This is just common sense and Pennslyvanians overwhelmingly support decriminalizing marijuana.”

Getting ready for Biden’s prime time Pinocchio show tomorrow night.

And I do hope he hits on the semi-fascist trope again. It’s gonna make for good prime time election commercial fodder.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/08/29/karine_jean-pierre_the_extreme_maga_agenda_is_a_threat_to_the_rule_of_law.html

Yet, and I am loathe to support LG in anything, here’s a harsh and undeniable fact:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/08/30/sen_graham_rips_biden_your_vice_president_was_bailing_out_rioters_doesnt_that_encourage_violence.html

For those who don’t click, here’s the headline for ya:

Lindsey Graham was doing something strange yesterday on Fox saying if Trump is indicted there will be riots.

I’m not seeing anyone who wants violence, even if Trump were indicted, at most they want to vote the old Republicans out of office.

So I don’t know what he was doing, he certainly doesn’t speak for Trump supporters, nearly all of them hate him.

What do you mean you’re not seeing anyone who wants violence?

He was stating the obvious. Death threats against the FBI have increased sharply since the raid on Mar a Lago along with an actual attack. It’s only logical to conclude the violence will escalate if Trump is indicted.

Maybe some fringe nit wits, like Scott Adams retweeted, it looks more like they are trying to incite a reaction.

https://twitter.com/HeckSpawn/status/1564742503378857984?cxt=HHwWgMDR7YbBircrAAAA

Lindsey Graham is or Biden is? There was enough of them to riot and storm the capitol. All it takes is a fringe when you’re talking about millions of voters.

But I do agree they are looking to foment outrage. Even if riots are a consequence, it gets voters to the polls.

Biden is being less than cordial when he describes half the country as semi-fascist, the irony his administration raiding the former administration would seem to suggest he has the fascist regime.

Still, that leaves Lindsey Grahams comments about riots as just weird, he’s a part of the establishment in case you might have missed it, I’m guessing Graham would like to see that kind of reaction.

So it’s his fault they riot? Doesn’t that kind of prove his point though? You can’t accept defeat…so riot. That’s like saying it’s Taiwan’s fault for China shooting missiles.

And the FBI is independent. You don’t have one regime raiding another regime.

This is where your narrative about establishment falls apart. It makes sense because politicians care about self preservation and for him that is within the Republican party. Makes perfect sense. Motivate your voters through outrage or fear.

1 Like

Trump loyalists are not half the country, especially these days. :rofl: Thank god. It would be appreciated greatly if you fact-checked yourself every now and then. Sadly I assume you still stand by your quip that half the country actually thought the 2020 election was stolen from Trump in some way…

Here’s hoping.

1 Like

No one has rioted. Why Graham would bring it up is weird.

No, it doesn’t, just because I didn’t say more doesn’t mean I don’t think and know more.

It would be very damaging to the Trump crowd if violence ensued as a result of an indictment, Lindsey Graham is talking that possibility up because it will kill Trump supporters in the court of public opinion.

Doesn’t this cross your mind at all?

They did riot on Jan. 6 when it was clear there was no hope for Trump to overturn the election.

He’s bringing it up to validate people’s outrage. You should be angry because Trump got raided. It’s an injustice. See people like you are so outraged they’ll riot.

No it doesn’t because Lindsey Graham like most Republicans will flip on a dime and ride the coattails of whoever is leading the party. I don’t think he cares if its Trump or DeSantis as long as he stays in power. What matters most is that people are angry. And angry people vote.

Hmm, I know you have yet to read the reeds, they don’t always get what they want but they plan out months and years ahead, this sticks out but is part of the story they are selling.

Which means Trump will be indicted, the plot was supposed to be a reaction that can be described as domestic terrorism kind of stuff.

They over estimate their influence, Lindsey Graham is not well liked and cerainly people won’t go and riot on his say so.

Dude think about it. Why would he want to split up his own voter base and malign Trump supporters? If you as say,

that would just give more power to Democrats. Once you realize self preservation is the most powerful incentive, the narrative of Trump as perpetual victim completely falls apart.

Because of something you don’t think exists but means more to them than party affiliation.

They don’t care Democrats have all three branches of power, you are blind. Really.

Have a good evening, I’m off to have a bath.

Exactly. He’s a shrill shill for stupidity.

Not even close. That’s why I keep saying primary the MAGA idiots out.

but @Mick insists. Or can we all agree that was hyperbole - at best?

Not to interrupt your rub-a-dub-dub @Mick, but we have a conservative American with boots on the ground there saying that Trump loyalists are indeed not:

As a fellow American that has quite a few friends and almost all of my family in conservative circles identifying in various parts of the tent of the Right, I have to agree with @jdsmith here.

Can you proffer up something substantial to change my mind? Or can we just admit that you were in error in your assessment here, which should start a snowball of implications and should cause you to reflect on the validity of your views regarding US politics right now?

This of course, is assuming you intend to have and proffer up to others here a valid (read: accurate) perspective regarding US politics, which frankly I am not convinced of, seeing your illustrious track record (easily searchable and trackable on this site) of being zealously anti-US everything, regardless of where the truth is actually anchored.

For those who might not realize the gravity of what Trump has done, and probably won’t get away with, I offer up a dry, but insightful reading:

1 Like

What you been smoking/drinking/breathing lately? Hahahaha.

:roll:

Problem is that is MAGA idiots show up at primaries when a lot of others don’t.

We’re probably never going to know how bad (or not) this stuff is; the only place where we might get a hint is if they explicitly say that the SCI material potentially compromised sources. That’s a really big deal. Everything else… the devil’s going to be in details we’re never going to get. (as an aside though, I’m wondering what source Mick read to go from the president can’t declassify stuff on a whim and it must go through a process to defending this stuff because trump might have (secretly!) declassified this stuff (on a whim)).

1 Like

I don’t know, today it’s that Trump “likely” obstructed justice because he “likely” moved materials to avoid a search. I’d hazard a guess that there’s likely no evidence of that and likely nothing worse to pin on him. We’ll see though